Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

huckerby is a liability

I have re-read all the posts on this thread and in one alone is there mention of the words ''single-handedly'', and only in two others is there the possible implication re: the same idea.  Everyone I know who saw all of last season''s games and who have seen the Prem games thusfar are united in their praise of the guy, whilst acknowledging that he (like most others) has his weaknesses and that it''s important we try to play to his strengths.  As far as last season is concerned I see him as the catalyst for what happened to the team...the spark that lit the flame that went on to ignite the successful campaign.  He would be the first to say that on his own promotion would have been an impossibility, but I believe he was the single most important contributor we had and he helped to raise the belief and playing levels in others too.  Others on here may disagree, but I can see why Worthy has his name on the teamsheet every week even though that may mean sacrificing something (or someone) else to accommodate him.  It would be interesting to see how we fare if he does get injured but I would never wish this to happen just to put all of our thoughts and opinions to the test!

[quote]well, i see i stirred up a hornets nest here! many of us have differing opinions on huckerby but i never suggested he should be dropped etc as some people have suggested. the point i was tring to make...[/quote]

Huckerby greedy? He set up more goals for other people than he scored last season and has had a hand in almost every goal we''ve scored so far this season.

Huckerby lazy? Given the amount of running and the speed of which he does it, it''s no suprising he doesn''t track back like the others. He needs to conserve his energy for going forward, not backwards. He isn''t superman.

We''re wrong that Hucks can''t single handedly keep us in the Prem? Yeah, it''s a team game and he needs ten other players to play with, but remove him from the squad and we will definately go down. No questions. Keep him in and we always have a chance.

He hasn''t won any matches for us single handedly? I can think of five of six matches just off the top of my head where he has been the sole difference between winning and losing. Didn''t Warnock say last season after we beat Sheff Utd that whichever team was fielding Hucks would have won? I agree with him.

when i said he hadnt won any games single handedly i meant this season! i dont disagree with what he did last year but that is history now why does everybody keep going on about it? its time for us to win games in the prem not live on last seasons glory! i just dont know how best to accomodate him and as i said he needs to be a team player a bit more thats all,

[quote]when i said he hadnt won any games single handedly i meant this season! i dont disagree with what he did last year but that is history now why does everybody keep going on about it? its time for us to...[/quote]

Hardly history Baldyboy ! ..  and the reason we all keep on about it is because , with juuust a little assistance from Hucks .... we got back into the prem 

Have I got this right ? ..... the season has barely begun  ,  whilst its disappointing that we are propping up the prem at the moment  , its far to early to start flapping  and looking for scapegoats ! .......  and to single out Hucks   is , lets face it ,  asking for the replies you got ! .........  Hucks is the complete pro ......  his experience and skill   are exceptional  , its now up to the rest of the team   to match  this with some  contributions  of their own !!

I think your making the same mistake  as Hucks moronic previous managers made ........ trying to " accommodate" Hucks   ..   quite simply ....  he`s a one off  , a maverick if you like ! ,  this league is FULL of  mediocre  predictable  players   ...... thats why the likes of Roo and Henry make regular headlines ....but don`t ever forget that they are surrounded  by the cream of the prem !  ........ can`t do it on there own !!  , likewise its not on to expect Hucks to do it all on his tod .......