Sign in to follow this  
Jonnypncfc

Delia and her CBE......

Think this is actually quite interesting though as it seems to show that what some posters were saying earlier is true. Delias profile is about cooking not about NCFC, although some posters seem to think its the other way round.

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"]this now means Commander of the Order of the British Empire! God help us all![/quote]

No it stounds for Celebrities Big Ego

[quote user="king canary"]Think this is actually quite interesting though as it seems to show that what some posters were saying earlier is true. Delias profile is about cooking not about NCFC, although some posters seem to think its the other way round.[/quote]

Try asking around....

It used to be about cooking... now it''s about Delia''s Norwich City.

Careful manipulation of a brand to keep her in the limelight.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="king canary"]Think this is actually quite interesting though as it seems to show that what some posters were saying earlier is true. Delias profile is about cooking not about NCFC, although some posters seem to think its the other way round.[/quote]

Try asking around....

It used to be about cooking... now it''s about Delia''s Norwich City.

Careful manipulation of a brand to keep her in the limelight.

[/quote]Absolutely.On the Meridian news (with me living in Brighton) it was her connections to Norwich City that were mentioned more often than anything else in the report. And as far as i can recall, i don''t remember her prominence in cooking ability being mentioned once.Indeed it is "Delia''s Norwich City" now.

Its for her cooking not her current achievements!?!?! at Norwich. Just as Nick Faldo''s knighthood is for his past Golf achievements and not for cocking up the Ryder Cup.

And no, I am not a Delia fan

[quote user="John"]Absolutely.On the Meridian news (with me living in Brighton) it was her connections to Norwich City that were mentioned more often than anything else in the report. And as far as i can recall, i don''t remember her prominence in cooking ability being mentioned once.Indeed it is "Delia''s Norwich City" now.[/quote]That''s just lazy journalism, though... every report I saw, including the BBC news on the day it happened, stated quite clearly that it was for her services to cooking, and in particular her simplifying the process for the masses.  Not once did they mention NCFC.If Delia really wanted to up her profile, she should be doing TV shows.  There''s entire channels dedicated to cooking these days, she could be making some cash from them and getting her face across every screen going.  With NCFC, apart from the drunken rant, all she''s ever really got out of it are some appearances on This Morning.  Cluck''s myth-making doesn''t hold up to scrutiny, but that won''t stop him banging his drum regardless whilst the sheep follow blindly.It amazes me that, with all of the problems Delia has caused this club over the years, people still manage to try to make things up about her to support their arguments.  Stick to the facts and its plain to see that she needs to go.  Make things up, and you lose credibility....

I do believe that she is still this country''s best selling cookery author. This honour was for services to cookery, Anthony Worral-Thompson once said that she was the Volvo of the Kitchen because of her back-to-basics style, obviously someone up there seems to think that teaching millions to cook is worthwhile. I really can''t imagine how the haters on here can begrudge her the honour, it''s not as though it has anything to do with football.

The honours system is a joke anyway.As the great Spike Milligan once said:"It makes me a Commander of the British Empire...they might as well have made me a Commander of Milton Keynes - at least that exists"

[quote user="Herb"]The honours system is a joke anyway.
[/quote]

Agree with you on that especially when you can get an honour for being the Queen''s muck spreader at Sandringham for 45 years.