Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

away days this season

I''m planning to visit Leeds this season, as half of my family are Leeds fans, and one of my mates is a brentford fan. He''s been banging on about griffin park having a pub on each corner, so I''d better check that out. Anyone else planning away trips?

not got too many away games i can make from Nottingham this season since relegation. Perhaps Leeds, Huddersfield, Walsall, MK Dons and Stockport, been invited by a mate from the Wirrall for the Tranmere game as well.

Whereas had we stayed up i would have Forest, Derby, Leicester, Sheff U, Sheff Wed and WBA all within an hour

being in the south i''m looking forward to brentford, gillingham, millwall, charlton, wycombe, soton, orient and brighton... a bumper year!

I think I''ve got 11 new grounds next season, plan to do as many of them as I can. Plan to give the likes of Leeds, Southampton, Charlton a miss, done those too many times before and need to cut back a bit this season!

[quote user="votepedro"]being in the south i''m looking forward to brentford, gillingham, millwall, charlton, wycombe, soton, orient and brighton... a bumper year![/quote]

I''m with you there, can''t wait to face Brighton as I have several Brighton fan friends

I''ll be having a go at those too. Not being a season ticket holder I worry about getting tickets for Orient and Brighton. Low away allocations at both aren''t they?

[quote user="Danielt88"]

[quote user="votepedro"]being in the south i''m looking forward to brentford, gillingham, millwall, charlton, wycombe, soton, orient and brighton... a bumper year![/quote]

I''m with you there, can''t wait to face Brighton as I have several Brighton fan friends

[/quote]

is that what they call them in Brighton now.. i wouldn''t be to worried about facing them.. i hear its the back you need to Worry about in Brighton!

jas :)

yeah, very few seats at brighton and it has to be one of the worst grounds in the world... no roofs on the stands, long way from the pitch, not elevated enough so you can''t tell what''s going on. the only compensation is a great night out afterwards.

I''m certainly looking forward to the away days, should be making trips to Carlisle,Leeds,Stockport,Walsall,Huddersfield,Swindon, Bristol,Oldham and Tranmere

Lets hope for a good season and some more wins away from home!

I''ve just finished uni at Kent Uni in Canterbury, all these years with hardly any teams this way, then next year when I won''t be this way 99% of the teams are in the south!...still my housemates were brighton and brentford fans and having been to both last year I would recommend brentford, tidy, small old fashioned stadium with the pubs, but be warned this get extremely tight pre-match...also a good fish and chip shop nearby located right opposite the nearby asbo centreAs for Brighton, it would be great if you wanted to watch Usain Bolt run, its set into a mini-valley surronded by a mini-forest, very picturesque but in terms of watching football there its a nightmare as an away fan...I went to watch ''Brighton vs Crewe'' last year (Crewe won 4-0!) and I couldn''t even make out whether the fans were wearing red shirts or not let alone crewe shirts...you''re literally 50 metres from the pitch, and theres only 6 to 7 rows in the tier so I imagine the view is diabolical and tickets will be hard to come by...still if you get in earlier enough you should be able to get in the brighton end...providing you''re not obviously rude you would get no trouble from the home fans as opposed to their league one rivals millwall!

Im going to uni in London next season so hopefully can go to most of the london away games. Also you can get to most places direct by train from london and its not to expensive unlike from norwich so will try and go to a few. will probs end up going to more away than home games to be honest