Sign in to follow this  
S.Yorks Canary

Lee Croft - could a fee have been involved?

Hi there

I sit next to a Derby fan at work, he says they will tie the signing of Crofty up next week.

I asked what the delay was as his contract was cancelled 2-3 weeks ago and he says Derby stalled until his 24th birthday otherwise a fee would have been involved.

Is this correct?  I thought you only had to pay a fee for under 24s if they were home grown?

Rich

No, it''s for any player under the age of 24. The level of compensation is based on how much of the players development was deemed to have been at the departing club.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]No, it''s for any player under the age of 24. The level of compensation is based on how much of the players development was deemed to have been at the departing club.[/quote]

Can they take in to account the amount of weight lost during the players time at the departing club?

Reading the drivel coming for the Derby chairman about Croft, i can''t think they have seen him play many times....and if they only saw him a few times over last season , it''s not a fair reflection of his full time here.

What a shock they have coming! [:D]

Think it may have something to do with ''player of the season'' however the hell that happened.