Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

The more I think about it...

No moral high ground taken there Cluck, I''m just curious to know how you know this.  After all, the rhetoric must be backed by some form of experience, right ?  Otherwise you''re just an empty vessel like your baldy mate with political pretensions and rent-a-mob tattooed on his soul.

A barclay boot boy....Says everything I need to know.[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Shyster"]LQ - [quote]Are you saying that neither women nor middle-class types should be allowed to support NCFC?[/quote]

They should only be allowed in the Main Stand, like the good ol'' days. Use to love it when the Barclay, South Stand & River End was pretty much all male and much more vocal.Of course in those days one could fart, drink, smoke and swear without having to worry about offending the blue rinses and PC indoctrinated parents with their pampered & witless minors.
[/quote]Shyster, you missed out the lovely old blokes who used to urinate at the back of the stands.  Oh, and getting pushed about in the crowd in the busier matches.  Not to mention the threats of violence and for a while, endemic coin throwing in the Barclay.   Aaaaah, the good old days, eh.. [+o(][/quote]

Well, you''re talking to one of the original Barclay Boot Boys, so yeah - wonderful days indeed.[/quote]

Amazing, another moronic rant by a child gets a three page response.Wizard must be so proud.

I''m waiting with bated breath for your analysis of class CT [:)] Particularly as Bly and Clunt are clearly both elderly and middle class, oh well keep up the troll apprenticeship....

[quote user="ACE"]Amazing, another moronic rant by a child gets a three page response.Wizard must be so proud.[/quote]But you got 7 pages just for taking the wrong vitamin pills !

[quote user="SPat"]I''m waiting with bated breath for your analysis of class CT [:)] Particularly as Bly and Clunt are clearly both elderly and middle class, oh well keep up the troll apprenticeship....
[/quote]

It should keep us entertained for a while at least [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="CT "]

The problem is we have too many middle class elderly supporters that are willing to support the board no matter what they do. Is it no surprise that the people on here and in the wider world that are most likely to support the board are women and elderly middle class types? At no other club would the mistake that our board have made been tolerated. Delia represents the people that adore the z-list celebrity and I suppose the middle class- nothing wrong with that. I just think its poisoned our club from the inside.   [/quote]

CT

I''ll make an attempt to play the ball rather than the man here and ask you a few questions regarding what I have quoted above. Do attempt to answer them honestly.

1. Do you think all middle class and/or elderly fans support the board? I havent ever said all of them do, why are people assuming this!

2. What is ''middle class''? Those who are moderately welll off and lead a comfortable life.

3. Do you consider yourself ''middle class''? How many lads of your age could afford a football season ticket and a commute from Cambridge for each home game? No I dont consider myself middle class, fortunately I havent been as affected as others during this credit crunch and recession. I''m not that well off.

4. Canary Cherub, gazzathegreat and City Angel are all female yet none are board supporters. Why do you think this is? I have no idea what class they would describe themselves as. Again I have NEVER said all of the female city fans support the board.

5. "Delia represents the people that adore the z-list celebrity". What does this mean? People that buy into Delias status as a celebrity that used to be very very popular but now isnt in the public domain as much.

6. In what way do you think the demographic of the average British football crowd has changed over the past twenty or so years? Do you think the crowds at Norwich mirror that new demographic or are we somehow different? I think Andrew Cullen had a hell of a lot to do with our new found high attendences, I believe the figures show that for we are situated we have always had very good home and away support. I dont think Delia has been responsible for our high attendence or good support, Moore providing the funds for Hucks and indeed premiership football encouraged people to follow City when before they didnt.

Cheers. Shack.

[/quote]

Yeah blah, but I made that clear it was a joke, and it amused a few people - this thread is designed to upset people.[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ACE"]Amazing, another moronic rant by a child gets a three page response.Wizard must be so proud.[/quote]But you got 7 pages just for taking the wrong vitamin pills ![/quote]

CT -  ''I dont care what they think tbh its my opinion.''

Then why fudging post it on a public message board

you tit

Perhaps that''s because middle-aged, middle class people are educated and have an understanding how business and the world operates, unlike some of the juveniles on here.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"]Perhaps that''s because middle-aged, middle class people are educated and have an understanding how business and the world operates, unlike some of the juveniles on here.[/quote]Like Delia you mean?

[quote user="ACE"]Yeah blah, but I made that clear it was a joke, and it amused a few people - this thread is designed to upset people.[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ACE"]Amazing, another moronic rant by a child gets a three page response.Wizard must be so proud.[/quote]But you got 7 pages just for taking the wrong vitamin pills ![/quote][/quote]Damnnit, I thought you were serious.  Now I''m upset !

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Shyster"]LQ - [quote]Are you saying that neither women nor middle-class types should be allowed to support NCFC?[/quote]

They should only be allowed in the Main Stand, like the good ol'' days. Use to love it when the Barclay, South Stand & River End was pretty much all male and much more vocal.Of course in those days one could fart, drink, smoke and swear without having to worry about offending the blue rinses and PC indoctrinated parents with their pampered & witless minors.
[/quote]Shyster, you missed out the lovely old blokes who used to urinate at the back of the stands.  Oh, and getting pushed about in the crowd in the busier matches.  Not to mention the threats of violence and for a while, endemic coin throwing in the Barclay.   Aaaaah, the good old days, eh.. [+o(][/quote]

Well, you''re talking to one of the original Barclay Boot Boys, so yeah - wonderful days indeed.[/quote]Nothing wrong with some well-directed boots and fists is there Shyster [:|]

Oh dear, oh dear.   What have you done this time.I would be interested to know how much of that is actually your own opinion and thought up entriely by you.   Then I would like to know how much of it you have ripped off from other people''s posts and reguritated into your own words and now passing off as your own opnion.Just interested, that''s all. Keep up the good work.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="CT "]the more it is so obvious where Norwich City''s problems lie.The supporters.This isnt to say that the supporters have made the terrible decisions and that the supporters have wasted millions of pounds -7.5m for Dean Ashton anyone? The problem is we have too many middle class elderly supporters that are willing to support the board no matter what they do. Is it no surprise that the people on here and in the wider world that are most likely to support the board are women and elderly middle class types? At no other club would the mistake that our board have made been tolerated. Delia represents the people that adore the z-list celebrity and I suppose the middle class- nothing wrong with that. I just think its poisoned our club from the inside.   We have posts and opinions that say ''oh we mustnt sign this player- hes not family friendly''. I hate that attitude.Look at our close ''friends'' down the road, they have gone totally against our philosophy and employed a manager that hasnt got the best of attitudes but has raised the profile of the club and players likely to attract. Marcus Evans has got the right idea, I fully expect them to do well, good luck to them. They are ruthless and want success. The money helps of course but a good mentality is vital.For too long now our club has been seen as a ''family club'' and has promoted ''football at affordable prices''. Maybe if the tickets had been slightly higher we''d be better off financially? The sort of people that are attracted through this scheme are likely to be Delia supporters, why wouldnt they? Delia is giving them football for cheaper prices, if Delia goes so does the affordable football. Pack up the picnic lads [Y]Delia has no reason to look for a buyer whilst she has a big army of supporters wanting her to stay. Her supporters stay, so does she.And no, im not Wizard in disguise I just entertain the same ideas as him.[/quote]

1. Please enlighten us all as to what ''class'' has to do with it and how you define class. One thing worth bearing in mind 57% of people describe themselves as working class yet only 31% hold traditional blue collar jobs. Similarly what has age got to do with anything? As far as i''m aware Wiz is older than many people on here and he doesn''t exactly settle for what we''ve got does he? Also around where I have my season ticket the old boys shout and complain as though it''s still the 1950''s! This is also often the case when I travel to away games and talk with some of them.

2. See above

3. Reference? And just because he''s not a Ben Thatcher type thug does not make him a bad player. Would you rather us sign Lee Hughes?

4. Buy a footlball club, make a quick buck, sell it (and possibly the assets as well...)

5. That is what marketing people are employed for, they work out the maths as to whether it''s better selling many tickets cheaper or less tickets at more expensive prices. There are many factors that affect this, e.g. refreshemnts sold at half time obiviously increase the more people there are, club shop takings increase throughout the year. When I went to Blackpool I was talking to a Blackpool fan and he said many Blackpool fans were fed up and stopped going to home games because it cost them £30 each game! (It cost £28 for a ticket in a temporary uncovered stand, dreadful experience). This fan reckoned that they may only get 7k for a home game but tehy comfortably take 4-5k for an away game at Preston.

And finally,

6. Basically what you''re implying is that people watch Norwich because Delia, Queen of the Z listers is in charge? Deluded if you ask me. Delia has said time and again that she is willingly seeking new investment for the football club, I can''t tell you what she wants to do in private but then neithier can you.

[/quote]1. IMO class has everything to do with it. Working class folk are more likely go against the norm than middle classes. Football used to be the working mans game. 2. Eh? Dont understand? Sorry mate.3.There have been loads of threads slating the ''possible'' signing of Bosnich in reference to his drug taking.I dont think they watch because of Delia, I do however think people like to think they''re helping the ''elderly'' woman out by watching her team. I hate it when the only thing people know about us is Delia Smith.

How dare you suggest that their is a TYPE of person who supports the board, Just because they drape them selves in Slik City Scarves and sit in the City stand......How dare you have that opinion. Do you realise I was supporting City while some on here were still Arsenal supporters!!!  How dare you suggest that some of our supporters mught be celebrity struck and just hope to get the odd glance of approval from the queen of celeb''

And finally how dare you suggest that some city fans only sit in the family stand because they can''t afford to join their more affluent like mind superiors in the City stand...........................What you didnt say any of that? Pah who cares after repeating it a few times even you will think you wrote it.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Evil Monkey"]I love CT.

I love his innate ability to hit the big, red, self-destruct button...

You''re trying to be all big and contra-vershal, yes we get it, well done.

Dare you to start a thread that actually has something meaningful to say.... dare you.
[/quote]

I love EM.

I love his innate ability to patronise anyone he sees fit.

You''re trying to be in with the crowd that I dont and put me down on purpose, yes we get it, well done.

Dare you start a thread that actually doesnt patronise anyone ....dare you.
[/quote]

LOL. Love it CT [:D]