Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

I think this signing could lead to a few more!

With just signing Jones i think the door will be open for clingan to leave, maybe Hoolahan aswell? Then with the money we get i HOPE will lead to the signing of Dickinson and maybe more. and also Nelson could be joining, i''m starting to believe!!!

I like the optimism mate! But when we make money on players where does it go?

Repaying those debts, would be amazed if it went directly into the transfer kitty!

ye but gunn seems to be reducing the wage bill so they can''t use that excuse anymore!

Clueless... downsizing in quality as usual... not even for quantity this time.

We currently have a far weaker squad than what was relegated and one which looks like having no chance of even a top 6 spot... yet the blind happy clappies are applauding once more... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

We currently have a far weaker squad than what was relegated and one which looks like having no chance of even a top 6 spot... yet the blind happy clappies are applauding once more... [:$]

[/quote]

I can''t remember Gunn saying that OTJ was the last signing of the summer.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

SMUDGER YOU ARE A WASTE OF SPACE!!

if  you belive that, then you are a bigger prick then i thought!!!i would rather have 2 decent ncfc players!!!then 6 loanees

i think its because you dont have a clue who these players are , DO YOU???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I don''t know what logic you apply to this rant, when you consider Jones was involved in a team that did make League 1''s top 6 two years running.

Then again, you''ve never let logic get in the way of a good rant. I''d expect you''re not going to start now.

Considering our current position, can you name a signing that wouldn''t result in another predictable rant?

[quote user="NorfolkChance"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I don''t know what logic you apply to this rant, when you consider Jones was involved in a team that did make League 1''s top 6 two years running.

Then again, you''ve never let logic get in the way of a good rant. I''d expect you''re not going to start now.

Considering our current position, can you name a signing that wouldn''t result in another predictable rant?

[/quote]

Well said mate, fight the idiots with cold hard facts. They will still be idiots, but it makes it clearer for all to see.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

So Martinez says OTJ is a future Welsh Captain, but Smudger knows better?

What a fool you are

We must not lose Clingan AND Hoolahan or the (little bit of) hope I have will start to fade again.

If we can get £1m for Clingan then fine go for it but Hoolahan would be much harder to replace.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]As an outsider Smudger, I have to say im quite amazed at how quick the feelgood factor appears to have returned to the fans after the signing of two players that I bet most of you really knows nothing about. Of course these guys need to be given a chance to show what they can do and at least they want to play for NCFC but with the imminent departures of Hoolihan and Clingan coupled with Shackell, croft etc it looks to me and I have to say the general consensus of everyone I talk to that your quality is far less than what it was when you went down last season. Do you think the board has decided next season has to be one of mere consolidation in order to turn financial situation around ?

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]As an outsider Smudger, I have to say im quite amazed at how quick the feelgood factor appears to have returned to the fans after the signing of two players that I bet most of you really knows nothing about. Of course these guys need to be given a chance to show what they can do and at least they want to play for NCFC but with the imminent departures of Hoolihan and Clingan coupled with Shackell, croft etc it looks to me and I have to say the general consensus of everyone I talk to that your quality is far less than what it was when you went down last season. Do you think the board has decided next season has to be one of mere consolidation in order to turn financial situation around ?
[/quote]

No. They are signing players who can realistically be signed. I don''t understand why people think we can continue to sign Championship players in League One? Of course all the players you mentioned were so good that we got relegated.

[/quote]

Two players that I know everything about, as my best mate was coached by - and later worked for - the tennis club in Norwich which is half owned by Matt Gill. And having seen Owain Tuder Jones play on several occasions. We have also made two more signings than Ipswich, whilst your club has released some talented youngsters, I believe I am correct in saying.

The imminent departures of Clingan and Hoolohan which as of yet are complete speculation?

The loss of Shackell, who was actually on loan and who we could yet be signing back for all we know? The same Jason Shackell whos place in the team will be taken by the returning Dejan Stefanovic - A better player?

The same Lee Croft that played on the right wing but couldnt cross a ball to save his life and set up an astonishing 5 goals all season? I suggest that next time you talk to these mysterious, probably made up, people..... you put them straight.

Personally I think that the board are looking for an instant return, hence the appointment of a new chief executive that has himself been very open about the clubs objectives for the current season.

Personally I think that the appointment of Roy Keane is going to affect the quality of Ipswich Town, and I will be smiling when he fails.  Await Anthony Stokes on a five year contract!

Last season Mike, we had a hell of a lot of loanees, most who couldn''t give a rats ass how well Norwich did in the league. Shackell went last season by the way. This season the intention is to go for players who will give 100% regardless. They are bound to be lower quality on account of the fact that Championship quality players will want to play in the Championship and also we couldn''t afford their wages.

So whilst our quality will undoubtedly decrease, it doesn''t mean they''re bad players - just maybe not as good as people who couldn''t be arsed trying last season. 11 tryers with slightly less quality would beat 11 better players who tried very little every day of the week.

So thatnks for the insight Mike and best of luck for next season but please don''t stoke the fires uneccesarily, in the name of mischief making. We have enough of our own fans ready to do that.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I assume you''re referring to Clingan seeing as you''re always saying how utterly terrible Hoolahan is. You contradict yourself so often it just gets boring.

[quote user="Destort"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I assume you''re referring to Clingan seeing as you''re always saying how utterly terrible Hoolahan is. You contradict yourself so often it just gets boring.

[/quote]

Yes we have a far weaker squad dont we Smudger? Marshall, Eagle and Fotheringham. What are we going to do without those footballing gods?

Oh hang on, werent you just saying that you bet I used to praise those players?

Could it be that you are contradicting yourself yet again, no, you cant be.... I mean, Smudger, world class printing manager with the special powers and all that. No, I must be wrong.

Yes the squad probably will be a bit weaker in terms of quality but we are in a lower division so its unrealistic to expect anything else. however hopefully it will be a lot bigger in terms of heart and commitment and will be a lot more settled and that is probably worth a lot more than a bit of quality at this level.

As yet Clingan and hoolahan are still here. cahnces are we will lose at least one of them but if Hoolahan is still here next season he will be by far the most dangerous player in that division.

I don''t think anyone is getting carried away and its going to be a battle to get out of this league whatever happens but a back 4 containing Drury, Doherty and Stefanovic ought to be decent at league 1 level and we have brought in some physpical presence in midfield which is a good start. 2 or 3 more players in and we will not be in bad shape.

[/quote]

It happens every year BLUE and people in Norfolk wonder why they get called stupid... [:$]

I bet you lot are laughing your socks off that we appear to be lumbering ourselves with another season of the silly old trout???

Exactly... Croft, Marshall plus several loanees out of the door already from a squad incapable of staying in the Championship and therefore not good enough to win promotion from Div 1 either in my book.

Clingan and the waste of space that is Hoolahan set to join them, replaced by players who are likely to be even worse or at a similar standard at best.

We have no chance of a top 6 spot in my eyes and despite what some of the clowns that post on here might have to say about that I have been a lot closer than most with my predictions over the last few seasons.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Yes the squad probably will be a bit weaker in terms of quality but we are in a lower division so its unrealistic to expect anything else. however hopefully it will be a lot bigger in terms of heart and commitment and will be a lot more settled and that is probably worth a lot more than a bit of quality at this level.

As yet Clingan and hoolahan are still here. cahnces are we will lose at least one of them but if Hoolahan is still here next season he will be by far the most dangerous player in that division.

I don''t think anyone is getting carried away and its going to be a battle to get out of this league whatever happens but a back 4 containing Drury, Doherty and Stefanovic ought to be decent at league 1 level and we have brought in some physpical presence in midfield which is a good start. 2 or 3 more players in and we will not be in bad shape.

[/quote]

Why is it unrealistic JIM?

I am amazed at you saying such a thing!

Is it unrealistic for Norwich fans to expect to bounce straight back at the first attempt???

I think you should feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself for suggesting otherwise... [:$]

As for Hoolahan being by far the most dangerous player in this league... don''t make me laugh... check out Bristol Rovers Rickie Lambert.

The only battle we will have getting out of this league is trying to avoid falling out of the foot of it, yet again due to too many fools who can''t see the wood for the trees.

[quote user="Smudger"] .

Exactly... Croft, Marshall plus several loanees out of the door already from a squad incapable of staying in the Championship and therefore not good enough to win promotion from Div 1 either in my book. Clingan and the waste of space that is Hoolahan set to join them.

[/quote]

And remind me Smudger, how is it that our squad has got weaker then?  By your very own admission not good enough.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Smudger"] .

Exactly... Croft, Marshall plus several loanees out of the door already from a squad incapable of staying in the Championship and therefore not good enough to win promotion from Div 1 either in my book. Clingan and the waste of space that is Hoolahan set to join them.

[/quote]

And remind me Smudger, how is it that our squad has got weaker then?  By your very own admission not good enough.

[/quote]

Well we have got rid of the better players from a sqaud not cpapable of staying in the Championship and so far replaced them with what?

You obviously can''t see what I am spelling out to you can you?

I will leave the first 10 games of the season to spell it out a bit clearer to you shall I and then I will come back and remind you of this little discussion then?

For crying out loud even BLUE MIKE (an Ipswich fan) has taken pity on our sorry state of affairs and is spelling it out to you dippy lot above.

Still many of you can do nothing but look through yellow tinted spectacles though can you?  Because after all we are stuck with Delia aren''t we and rather than give her a bit of exactly what she deserves and let her know that she is not welcome in Norwich anymore it seems that the vast majority of Norwich fans are willing to roll over an have their bellys tickled for a 5th consecutive season while the trout from Suffolk robs you blind.

No wonder BLUE MIKE and his merry tribe from Portaloo Road and the rest of football fans in general around the UK find it so easy to take the pee out of NCFC.

Fans who are willing to give the trout another crack at things this season are an embarassment to themselves. 

Smudge i said last week that you should show us the "true fans" a positive way forward but it seems to me you just love to sit with your keyboard and try to rile us.

There has to be a solution which benefits you, us and the club which will push the club forward but it cannot be by "rabble rousing", those "Chase days " are over, surely you understand that!

We all know the club has little money due to the very poor administration by the clubs owners and board so what players Gunn brings in are not going to set our pulses racing until we see for ourselves.

Gunn has to be supported by us all including yourself, you must get yourself to a few games and then offer your opinions!

We know how much you distrust Delia and he board, most of the 19,000 "true fans" feel the same regarding that, but it has to be dealt with away from Gunn and his team or we all will not be watching NCFC no longer due to the clubs demise, I''m reasonably sure you don''t want that.

Find a solution for us all which does not affect the team to much and i''m sure you will have most of us the "true fans, not happy clappers" as you put it on your side!

OTBC Since 1969

R.I.P. Dad 1939-2008

[quote user="Smudger"]

For crying out loud even BLUE MIKE (an Ipswich fan) has taken pity on our sorry state of affairs and is spelling it out to you dippy lot above.

Still many of you can do nothing but look through yellow tinted spectacles though can you?  Because after all we are stuck with Delia aren''t we and rather than give her a bit of exactly what she deserves and let her know that she is not welcome in Norwich anymore it seems that the vast majority of Norwich fans are willing to roll over an have their bellys tickled for a 5th consecutive season while the trout from Suffolk robs you blind.

No wonder BLUE MIKE and his merry tribe from Portaloo Road and the rest of football fans in general around the UK find it so easy to take the pee out of NCFC.

Fans who are willing to give the trout another crack at things this season are an embarassment to themselves. 

[/quote]

Are we really a laughing stock?, really?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Smudger"] .

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well we have got rid of the better players from a sqaud not cpapable of staying in the Championship and so far replaced them with what?

You obviously can''t see what I am spelling out to you can you?

I will leave the first 10 games of the season to spell it out a bit clearer to you shall I and then I will come back and remind you of this little discussion then?

[/quote]

And who were the best players in that squad? David Marshall? Lee Croft? Mark Fotheringham? Robert Eagle? 

Good riddance to all four of them, the only one I would have kept is Croft, and I still think Robbie Simpson is better than him.

Do I have to spell it out to YOU? we got relegated because of passionless w*nkers like Fozzy and Marshall and we will be stronger for them leaving.

And yes feel free to remind me of the discussion, I will bookmark it just in case you conveniently forget.

Smudger,

Can you tell me where you buy your garden tools from? Because you''re doing a great job at digging yourself into a hole.

Thanks,

Jezza

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Why is it unrealistic JIM?

I am amazed at you saying such a thing!

Is it unrealistic for Norwich fans to expect to bounce straight back at the first attempt???

I think you should feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself for suggesting otherwise... [:$]

As for Hoolahan being by far the most dangerous player in this league... don''t make me laugh... check out Bristol Rovers Rickie Lambert.

The only battle we will have getting out of this league is trying to avoid falling out of the foot of it, yet again due to too many fools who can''t see the wood for the trees.

[/quote]Yes, it''s quite clear Smudger. You only look at the players who are ranked as the top scorers of the league on the sky sports website don''t you?? Without a thought for players who could possibly be sturdy, professional and capable in the current division we reside in. Yes, Rickie Lambert was up there this season, I think he made the team of the year too. But who also made those "league one team of the year" in seasons past?? Well, Semmy was one of them when he was at Crewe the year we signed him, so too was Hoolahan when he was at Blackpool. You can look at that as a negative thing if you want, as those two players have been in and out of form as far as I''m concerned. I''m just saying there is a bit of a gulf between league one and the championship and we can''t be expected to sign the "stars" of league one. Because Championship clubs will undoubtedly be interested. So, we''ll probably get some league two "stars" and out of favour championship players. This is how Norwich operate. Simple. If those CONTRACTED players just step up to the mark, and relish the new challenge ahead then we have a chance.

OHH SHUT THE F*CK UP SMUDGER YOU ABSOLUTE KNOBHEAD!

GOD YOU''RE ANNOYING!

YOU THINK CAUSING SUCH ''CONTROVERSY'' ON A MESSAGE BOARD MAKES YOU SUCH A CLUED UP NORWICH FAN. IT DOESN''T. IT PROVES YOU''RE JUST A LOSER!

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

OHH SHUT THE F*CK UP SMUDGER YOU ABSOLUTE KNOBHEAD!

GOD YOU''RE ANNOYING!

YOU THINK CAUSING SUCH ''CONTROVERSY'' ON A MESSAGE BOARD MAKES YOU SUCH A CLUED UP NORWICH FAN. IT DOESN''T. IT PROVES YOU''RE JUST A LOSER!

[/quote]

HEAR HEAR OR IS IT HERE HERE ! ANYWAY, COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS POST.