Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Peter Grant to follow Mowbray to Celtic

[quote user="colneycanary"]Celtic boss Tony Mowbray is to name Peter Grant first team coach tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah, they are taking his teeth out and putting seats in.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Celtic boss Tony Mowbray is to name Peter Grant first team coach tomorrow.[/quote]

I think everyone is missing the beauty of this story.

Celtic are paying WBA millions in compensation for a manager and coach who WBA were probably thinking about getting rid of this year.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Yeah, they are taking his teeth out and putting seats in.

[/quote]

hahaha nice one Wazzy... [;)]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Interesting comments re his tenure as Norwich Manager here ->

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_160609132907.aspx

"but people say that I left the club in a better situation"   Hmmmmm ?

[/quote]

Jim, you missed the best bit..........

"I had the opportunity to go out on my own at Norwich and it was a good club, but the balls just didn’t bounce right for us. It might sound like I am making excuses, but people say that I left the club in a better situation, with younger players coming through. It was a difficult time, the television deal had just collapsed and some of the injuries we had were crazy, injuries that you just don’t get. One of the final straws was when Dion Dublin broke his back. I made the decision to leave, it was a strong decision and on reflection I should maybe have taken a step back first, but it was typical me. Things weren’t as bad as they seemed, though, and although we were fifth-bottom when I left, we were six points off the top of the table and had the least goals against"

I just checked, when he left after the QPR on OCT 8th 2007 we had 7 points from 10 games, Goals for 5, goals against 11

Typical Grant, talking through his backside. Far as I''m concerned the real rot started at Carrow Road with his appointment.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Interesting comments re his tenure as Norwich Manager here ->

http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_160609132907.aspx

"but people say that I left the club in a better situation"   Hmmmmm ?

[/quote]

Jim, you missed the best bit..........

"I had the opportunity to go out on my own at Norwich and it was a good club, but the balls just didn’t bounce right for us. It might sound like I am making excuses, but people say that I left the club in a better situation, with younger players coming through. It was a difficult time, the television deal had just collapsed and some of the injuries we had were crazy, injuries that you just don’t get. One of the final straws was when Dion Dublin broke his back. I made the decision to leave, it was a strong decision and on reflection I should maybe have taken a step back first, but it was typical me. Things weren’t as bad as they seemed, though, and although we were fifth-bottom when I left, we were six points off the top of the table and had the least goals against"

I just checked, when he left after the QPR on OCT 8th 2007 we had 7 points from 10 games, Goals for 5, goals against 11

[/quote]

Agreed there wilw6,

Admittedly we weren''t aware of Grant''s shortcomings until very shortly after he arrived here as an unknown quality, our biggest mistake was to compound the error by  taking on his successor who was a proven failure who went on to show it, much regrettably to our cost.

Surely the rot started with Worthington,Grant done a terrible job but i''ll always respect the fact that he new when to quit unlike money snatching Worthington waiting to get sacked so he could get paid off.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Agreed there wilw6,

Admittedly we weren''t aware of Grant''s shortcomings until very shortly after he arrived here as an unknown quality, our biggest mistake was to compound the error by  taking on his successor who was a proven failure who went on to show it, much regrettably to our cost.

[/quote]

Roeder gets a lot of stick because he was so arrogant but overall he didn''t do a bad job.

The turn around in his first season was pretty impressive.

When he came here we were in really bad shape IMHO.

He spent less overall than he sold so he can hardly be accussed of blowing money.

If we get 1 million for Clingan, overall his transfer dealings were pretty successful.

He did also make a lot of mistakes so probably deserved to go but overall I think he did the best job of the last 3 managers which isn''t saying much I know!