Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Double signing from Bristol Rovers

My uncle just phoned me and said that we have just shown Rickie Lambert and Jeff Hughes from Bristol Rovers aroudn the training complex.  My uncle was there to speak to the physiotherapist about some fitness products he sells and well............basically would have no reason to lie to me.  He said he recognised Lambert but didn''t the Hughes guy until he asked one of the fitness team who said they were expecting some players to have a look around this morning, but had no idea who?  But one of the guys said he had heard from somebody else that it was Jeff Hughes, who i have no idea who he is???????

Obviously i have no idea what sort of price we would be paying, but apparently Mr Pattison might be involved in the deal along with Jamie Cureton (who is obviosuly an x Rovers player).

Ok guys, i''ve told you what i''ve been told.............i''m ready to be shot down!  lol!

[quote user="crabman84"]

My uncle just phoned me and said that we have just shown Rickie Lambert and Jeff Hughes from Bristol Rovers aroudn the training complex.  My uncle was there to speak to the physiotherapist about some fitness products he sells and well............basically would have no reason to lie to me.  He said he recognised Lambert but didn''t the Hughes guy until he asked one of the fitness team who said they were expecting some players to have a look around this morning, but had no idea who?  But one of the guys said he had heard from somebody else that it was Jeff Hughes, who i have no idea who he is???????

Obviously i have no idea what sort of price we would be paying, but apparently Mr Pattison might be involved in the deal along with Jamie Cureton (who is obviosuly an x Rovers player).

Ok guys, i''ve told you what i''ve been told.............i''m ready to be shot down!  lol!

[/quote]i will just say believe it when i see it.i would like you to be right though.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="crabman84"]

[/quote]
i will just say believe it when i see it.
i would like you to be right though.
[/quote]

Same here, when it''s official the I will be believe it, but thanks for sharing anyhow.

Is this any more likely to happen than the "Huckerby on loan" and "Paul Ince @ Carrow Road" threads you started last season ?Not saying that what you say isn''t true, but is it likely to happen ?

Jeff Hughes-Left Back/Midfield, been at Rovers for a year, came from Palace.

More than a possibility, but cannot see, in any way, shape, or form, how Lambert would come here-Pattison and Cureton for the two sounds logical as would be straight swaps for both positions, but Lambert, naaaa, he can do a lot, lot better than us.

[quote user="crabman84"]

[/quote]

Jeff Hughes

Squad Number: 11
Position: Midfield
Place of Birth: Larne, Northern Ireland
Date Of Birth: 29/ 05/ 1985
Height: 6''1
Weight: 11st 0lbs

Rickie Lambert is destined for greater things than League One (but if we do sign him then well done Gunn).

well all i can say is... i can 110% confirm that Ince WAS at Carrow Road last season at least once if not twice when he was interviewed for the manager job that gunny took. I would be amazed if we signed Ricky... But... if we did it would send out a message to every team in our division that we''re going for it.I will be shocked if this is true.Also... how would your source know the detail of the transfer? (patty and Curo bit?) - i doubt a physio would know this unless he was involved with medicals... and then it would be the rovers physio. Fingers crossed this happens... I however really expect to see ricky at Forest etc... 

I hate it, but in my desperation, i can''t help but feel compelled to believe you, despite how ''unbelievable'' it is.Bear in mind though, should i find out you are lieing i will hunt you down [Y].

[quote user="John"]I hate it, but in my desperation, i can''t help but feel compelled to believe you, despite how ''unbelievable'' it is.Bear in mind though, should i find out you are lying i will hunt you down [Y].[/quote][:D]

Ofcourse no one can confirm till it happens so whats wrong with telling anyone what you''ve heard?  You guys make me laugh......if you are only going to believe it when it happens then dont read rumours...simple really.

if this came off i think i would cry with joy... however... like a child with a wayward father i feel i am going to be let down [:''(]

i''d be happy if true, not going to get my hopes up though.

Rickie Lambert would be a great signing at this level, not got the pace to go much higher than League 1 but will scores whether here, Bristol Rovers or elsewhere in this league.

Jeff Hughes was a very highly rated full back at Lincoln and got a move to Palace where he found his chances limited so moved to Bristol Rovers, i''ve heard he''s been playing on the left of midfield

This is codswallop, Rickie lambert lives on the same street as me and i saw him this morning. Spoke to his father at the weekend and they are hoping for a move to a championship club in the summer

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Rickie Lambert is destined for greater things than League One (but if we do sign him then well done Gunn).[/quote]

And so sayeth the ''Gasman''. [:D]

Maybe it was Hughes and another player (frankly i doubt any of us would recognise Ricky lambert if he was stood in front of us in his Bristol Rovers shirt with lambert on the back so quite how the OPs uncle would I don''t know) or maybe its just all a load of cr*p!

[quote user="mtv"]Ofcourse no one can confirm till it happens so whats wrong with telling anyone what you''ve heard?  You guys make me laugh......if you are only going to believe it when it happens then dont read rumours...simple really.[/quote]When you''ve been through the loop the 368th time you''ll understand [:)]

I would have said if Ricky Lambert was going to go onto greater things at 27 he would have started to climb that ladder by now. His stats for last season are not that brilliant, better than what we mustered. Netting 13 in 46 games ..   he would be a very signing and I can''t see why for one minute we shouldn''t be interested in him.  Hughes another six footer either left midfield or left back. another good signing if true.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
I would have said if Ricky Lambert was going to go onto greater things at 27 he would have started to climb that ladder by now. His stats for last season are not that brilliant, better than what we mustered. Netting 13 in 46 games ..   he would be a very signing and I can''t see why for one minute we shouldn''t be interested in him.  Hughes another six footer either left midfield or left back. another good signing if true.

[/quote]

13? He was League One''s joint-top goalscorer with 29...

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Rovers and he has told me several times that Rovers'' fans are nervous about Lambert leaving but they have been encourage by the fact that, so far, no one has come in for him. I think that''s the point :  if a Championship club was going to make a move for him they would probably have done so by now. Don''t forget that Lambert is no spring chicken that''s an extra hurdle for prospective purchasers to overcome in their minds - (A) can he make the step up to Champs level and (B) especially given his advancing years. A swap involving Cureton does make a lot of sense given that he is ex Rovers and his family are all from the Bristol area (Chippenham I think). The only obstacle with Cureton are his high wages but that could easily be factored into the finances of such a deal. So, for me, it does sound plausible and I think it would be a great signing.

Alright guys, crikey!  Alot of response to this post from all of you!  As i said in the first post, it''s my uncle taht told me this.  It may be right, it may be wrong?  When he says it was Lambert i have no reason to dis-believe him as he knows his stuff when it comes to football.  But hey ho, was just reporting what i had been told.  I would love this to be true as well, but who knows?  Just hope my Uncle wasn''t winding me up!

I know he goes to Colney alot, as he sells a range of fitness equipment and knows Dave Carolan well.

I hope this happens so i don''t look a fool! lol

[quote user="crabman84"]

Alright guys, crikey!  Alot of response to this post from all of you!  As i said in the first post, it''s my uncle taht told me this.  It may be right, it may be wrong?  When he says it was Lambert i have no reason to dis-believe him as he knows his stuff when it comes to football.  But hey ho, was just reporting what i had been told.  I would love this to be true as well, but who knows?  Just hope my Uncle wasn''t winding me up!

I know he goes to Colney alot, as he sells a range of fitness equipment and knows Dave Carolan well.

I hope this happens so i don''t look a fool! lol

[/quote]Is this Dave Carolan who works in Lowestoft now ?

Yep your correct, he doesn''t work at Norwich any more.  But used to sell alot of fitness stuff to him.  Have no idea who he''s seeing at the club now thoug to flog equipment too?