Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Edward

Owain Tudor Jones move completed.

My mate, another Swansea fan, sent me a text saying what a good player he was before he got injured!

So if he''s fit he will do a good job for us. welcome boyo!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Providing he stays fit I think he could do a job for us, not unhappy with this signing, he wants to play for us and help us rebuild, which IMO counts for a fair bit.[/quote]

My thoughts too 49, his ability doesn''t worry me, but his knee does, anways, good luck Tudur, and welcome aboard.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Providing he stays fit I think he could do a job for us, not unhappy with this signing, he wants to play for us and help us rebuild, which IMO counts for a fair bit.[/quote]

My thoughts too 49, his ability doesn''t worry me, but his knee does, anways, good luck Tudur, and welcome aboard.[Y]

[/quote]

Well said [:)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Scarily agreeing with you Wiz, and 49. Good signing if he can stay fit. Very good signing if he can then go on to fulfil his ambition.

decent signing. He''s young and very capable at league one level by all accounts.

I hope he is wrong, but have spoken to a mate from uni who is a Swansea fan and he said he was surprised someone took him off their hands. He said he was a useful squad player, nothing more than that and most swans fans didnt rate him! Sounds like another fozzy to me unfortunately! But like I said I really hope he is wrong.

[quote user="NottsCanary"]why do I get all that crappy code around all of my quotes!!!![/quote]

Depends what browser you are using - if it''s IE8 then use compatibility mode, there may be issues with older versions of other browsers as well.

[quote user="sturgeon220"]

Owain told Norwich''s official website: "I''m looking forward to the next few years that I''ll be spending at Norwich. Having been and had a look at the facilities, it''s a club I''m thoroughly looking forward to playing for and all the challenges that lie ahead.

"I''ve spoken to the manager and listened to his plans for building the club back up and I want to be a part of that.

"The club has obviously been having a couple of rough years and it is time now to get back to the drawing board, start again and try to get the club climbing back up again.

"It is going to be tough, but as long as everybody at the club realises it''s going to be tough and a huge challenge then I think we''ll be all right.

"From playing for Swansea in League One for three years, I''m relatively experienced at this level and I know what it takes to win games at this level - and that is what we''ll be trying to do."

Norwich manager, Bryan Gunn, added: "After Owain had figured for Wales in their recent win over Azerbaijan, we sat down with the player and his agent to thrash out terms. Now I''m delighted we are able to confirm we have brought him in on a three-year deal.

The lad seems to understand  what it will take to start putting things right any way.

[/quote]

Sounds like a quintessential Welsh windbag. Archant should love time.

Let''s hope he can play a bit too.

OTBC

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="Lambo"]

My mate who''s a Swansea fan had this to say:

"hes average at best imo. doesnt start for the Swans. But if u want it a better way my mate put it like this:

imagine a pile of shit, imagine if after 5 months of being fly eaten, then imagine trodding in that, that''s what buying him''s like"

[/quote]

What does he know. We''re Norwich we always sign quality players, don''t we?

....don''t we?

[/quote]

Well, we did most of the time under Robert Chase as I recall........................and, of course Watling and South.

Didn''t we?

OTBC

I''ll start knitting a nice big banner then...........

Alright lads, Swans fan here, came on your forum to see what you guys are saying about taking Tudur Jones off us. To be honest, most of us in Swansea can''t believe we''ve got anything for him, I''m not sure if it is £250k but if it is I''d say we''ve got the better deal there. Saying that however I don''t think he''s a bad signing for a League One side.

He has been unlucky with a bad injury at a crucial time and before that setback he was doing okay in our then manager Kenny Jackett''s side. Jackett liked the no nonsense kind of football-win it in the midfield and hoof it forward to a big centre forward. Tudur Jones worked well in that. However, when d our recently departed manager Roberto Martinez came in he completly changed the way we play football. He quickly got the team playing total football-quick passes through the midfield, keeping and maintaining possession. Tudur Jones wasn''t quick enough and didn''t have a clever enough "football brain" to fit into that kind of team. He couldn''t fit into the midfield and was never gonna maintain a place. And I don''t really think he''s Championship standard. Also, given his height I''ve always been disappointed by his lack of ability in the air. But like I''ve said, for a League One side he could be a decent signing. With you guys obviously looking to bounce back and chase promotion he''ll be a very decent battler and he''s gonna be hungry for football given the last few years of his career. A tuesday evening kick off at Carlisle with the rain coming down and he''s not gonna go missing for you.  In that respect, he could do well for you.

Anyway, I wish him the best of luck at Norwich-his injury couldn''t have come at a worst time in his career. A lot of people here really wanted him to do well given his Welsh roots.

Peace out.

[quote user="SwansFan"]

Alright lads, Swans fan here, came on your forum to see what you guys are saying about taking Tudur Jones off us. To be honest, most of us in Swansea can''t believe we''ve got anything for him, I''m not sure if it is £250k but if it is I''d say we''ve got the better deal there. Saying that however I don''t think he''s a bad signing for a League One side.

He has been unlucky with a bad injury at a crucial time and before that setback he was doing okay in our then manager Kenny Jackett''s side. Jackett liked the no nonsense kind of football-win it in the midfield and hoof it forward to a big centre forward. Tudur Jones worked well in that. However, when d our recently departed manager Roberto Martinez came in he completly changed the way we play football. He quickly got the team playing total football-quick passes through the midfield, keeping and maintaining possession. Tudur Jones wasn''t quick enough and didn''t have a clever enough "football brain" to fit into that kind of team. He couldn''t fit into the midfield and was never gonna maintain a place. And I don''t really think he''s Championship standard. Also, given his height I''ve always been disappointed by his lack of ability in the air. But like I''ve said, for a League One side he could be a decent signing. With you guys obviously looking to bounce back and chase promotion he''ll be a very decent battler and he''s gonna be hungry for football given the last few years of his career. A tuesday evening kick off at Carlisle with the rain coming down and he''s not gonna go missing for you.  In that respect, he could do well for you.

Anyway, I wish him the best of luck at Norwich-his injury couldn''t have come at a worst time in his career. A lot of people here really wanted him to do well given his Welsh roots.

Peace out.

[/quote]

Only for one season may i add!!!!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="NottsCanary"]why do I get all that crappy code around all of my quotes!!!![/quote]

Depends what browser you are using - if it''s IE8 then use compatibility mode, there may be issues with older versions of other browsers as well.

[/quote]Are you using Google Chrome? That''s normally the culprit.

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"][quote user="SwansFan"]

Peace out.

[/quote]

Only for one season may i add!!!!

[/quote]

I think even Norwich will struggle to manage a hat-trick of relegations in only five seasons....

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]The Hoolahan song but with Jones'' name in place. Sing it in your head, it sounds good![/quote]

sorry how does the hoolahan song go again i have momentarily forgotten 

Surely the best chant for Tudur Jones would be a remix of the infamous WLY song:

''We love you O T J, and it is quite alright,

We love you O T J, despite your crazy height,

We love you O T J, smack it in and we''ll win!''

[quote user="NCFC Edward"] 19-35 Norwich City have signed Owain Tudur Jones for an undisclosed fee from Swansea City. The Wales international midfielder has agreed a three-year contract with the Canaries.[/quote]

Should be good signing if he can stay injury free!