Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Edward

Owain Tudor Jones move completed.

19-35 Norwich City have signed Owain Tudur Jones for an undisclosed fee from Swansea City. The Wales international midfielder has agreed a three-year contract with the Canaries.

[quote user="NCFC Edward"] 19-35 Norwich City have signed Owain Tudur Jones for an undisclosed fee from Swansea City. The Wales international midfielder has agreed a three-year contract with the Canaries.[/quote]

considering he''s a free agent it''s a load of bull really

[quote user="NCFC Edward"] 19-35 Norwich City have signed Owain Tudur Jones for an undisclosed fee from Swansea City. The Wales international midfielder has agreed a three-year contract with the Canaries.[/quote]

Source?

Did I miss something? I thought he was available on a free?!!So the fee cannot be undisclosed because there isn''t one to disclose, or not as the case may be, in the first place.

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]

considering he''s a free agent it''s a load of bull really

[/quote]

i take that back, why are we paying if he''s a free agent?

[quote user="chase_out"]Anyone shed any light on the undisclosed fee? I thought he was out of contract...[/quote]Swansea had a years option on his contract, hence the fee. Reported to be £250K plus add-ons by the Beeb.

Providing he stays fit I think he could do a job for us, not unhappy with this signing, he wants to play for us and help us rebuild, which IMO counts for a fair bit.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="chase_out"]Anyone shed any light on the undisclosed fee? I thought he was out of contract...[/quote]Swansea had a years option on his contract, hence the fee. Reported to be £250K plus add-ons by the Beeb.[/quote]Why did we stop putting these one year options on contracts?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="chase_out"]Anyone shed any light on the undisclosed fee? I thought he was out of contract...[/quote]Swansea had a years option on his contract, hence the fee. Reported to be £250K plus add-ons by the Beeb.[/quote]Makes sense - it can''t be his age as the cut off for a tribunal is 23 not 24.If he turns out to be a half decent player he will be worth the £250k. But does this mean that Russell will now be our permanent target man? Ok a sick joke I know. However I wonder if this means that Spillane has told Gunn that he would prefer to be considered a defender and a centre back first and formost.That would mean we have: Clingan, Russell, Patty, Gill and Tudur Jones that can play there although I wonder if Pattiy will play a wider role. He did play out on the right a lot under Roeder - either that or it signals the possible exit of one or two from Russell, Clingan and Patty.All we need now is that illusive target man and a keeper and we can start to have some sort of optimism for this coming season.

Subject to him staying fit ( i can''t see why not to be honest ) this looks like a good bit of business.  Maybe Gunn , Butterworth and Crook have managed a fluke signing?  . Or perish the thought, they might just know what they are doing!!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="chase_out"]Anyone shed any light on the undisclosed fee? I thought he was out of contract...[/quote]Swansea had a years option on his contract, hence the fee. Reported to be £250K plus add-ons by the Beeb.[/quote]

Makes sense - it can''t be his age as the cut off for a tribunal is 23 not 24.

If he turns out to be a half decent player he will be worth the £250k.

But does this mean that Russell will now be our permanent target man?

Ok a sick joke I know. However I wonder if this means that Spillane has told Gunn that he would prefer to be considered a defender and a centre back first and formost.

That would mean we have: Clingan, Russell, Patty, Gill and Tudur Jones that can play there although I wonder if Pattiy will play a wider role. He did play out on the right a lot under Roeder - either that or it signals the possible exit of one or two from Russell, Clingan and Patty.

All we need now is that illusive target man and a keeper and we can start to have some sort of optimism for this coming season.
[/quote]

i think Clingan will go to coventry in the next few days as gunn probably wanted cover before letting him go, i also think rusty will go and also now hope to see the signing of Dickinson as we will have the money

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="chase_out"]Anyone shed any light on the undisclosed fee? I thought he was out of contract...[/quote]Swansea had a years option on his contract, hence the fee. Reported to be £250K plus add-ons by the Beeb.[/quote]

If he turns out to be a half decent player he will be worth the £250k.

That would mean we have: Clingan, Russell, Patty, Gill and Tudur Jones that can play there although I wonder if Pattiy will play a wider role. He did play out on the right a lot under Roeder - either that or it signals the possible exit of one or two from Russell, Clingan and Patty..[/quote]I thought Pattison was gone?

My mate who''s a Swansea fan had this to say:

"hes average at best imo. doesnt start for the Swans. But if u want it a better way my mate put it like this:

imagine a pile of shit, imagine if after 5 months of being fly eaten, then imagine trodding in that, that''s what buying him''s like"

[quote user="Lambo"]

My mate who''s a Swansea fan had this to say:

"hes average at best imo. doesnt start for the Swans. But if u want it a better way my mate put it like this:

imagine a pile of shit, imagine if after 5 months of being fly eaten, then imagine trodding in that, that''s what buying him''s like"

[/quote]

What does he know. We''re Norwich we always sign quality players, don''t we?

....don''t we?

Owain told Norwich''s official website: "I''m looking forward to the

next few years that I''ll be spending at Norwich. Having been and had a

look at the facilities, it''s a club I''m thoroughly looking forward to

playing for and all the challenges that lie ahead.

"I''ve spoken to the manager and listened to his plans for building the club back up and I want to be a part of that.

"The club has obviously been having a couple of rough years and it

is time now to get back to the drawing board, start again and try to

get the club climbing back up again.

"It is going to be tough, but as long as everybody at the club

realises it''s going to be tough and a huge challenge then I think we''ll

be all right.

"From playing for Swansea in League One for three years, I''m

relatively experienced at this level and I know what it takes to win

games at this level - and that is what we''ll be trying to do."

Norwich manager, Bryan Gunn, added: "After Owain had figured for

Wales in their recent win over Azerbaijan, we sat down with the player

and his agent to thrash out terms. Now I''m delighted we are able to

confirm we have brought him in on a three-year deal.

The lad seems to understand  what it will take to start putting things right any way.

[quote user="sturgeon220"]Subject to him staying fit ( i can''t see why not to be honest ) this looks like a good bit of business.  Maybe Gunn , Butterworth and Crook have managed a fluke signing?  . Or perish the thought, they might just know what they are doing!! [/quote]

Yeah, could it be possible that we were all wrong about gunny staying? Its possible you know! (Give me a slap if I''m turning into a happy clapper!)

I have heard from other fans from swansea that he''s a decent player but got injured at the wrong time. They said he was right to leave and will probably go on and prove himself with us... I think this is an excellent signing providing he stays fit. Well done Gunny and Co.

We can''t go by what swansea fans say. Forest fans didn''t rate Clingan when we signed him off them... shows what they knew doesn''t it...

the lad wants to play for us, he has a major height advantage of most league one midfielders... let''s just wait for the season to get under way and judge him from there onwards :)