Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

PARADE

Now i''m speaking extremly hyperthetically here (so much so that i know i''ve spelt that wrong) but if Norwich were to win the league next year would you want to see the City celebrate it in the same way we did when we won the Championship?

Personally I feel a ceromany at City Hall and open top parade would be over the top for League One and i''d be happier with a mass pitch invasion of Carrow Road instead.

Cue lots of ''it''s never gonna happen'' replies but i''m just interested to hear how people would want to celebrate it if it did happen.....

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

Now i''m speaking extremly hyperthetically here (so much so that i know i''ve spelt that wrong) but if Norwich were to win the league next year would you want to see the City celebrate it in the same way we did when we won the Championship?

Personally I feel a ceromany at City Hall and open top parade would be over the top for League One and i''d be happier with a mass pitch invasion of Carrow Road instead.

Cue lots of ''it''s never gonna happen'' replies but i''m just interested to hear how people would want to celebrate it if it did happen.....

[/quote]A couple of pints on the way home from our last game and try to forget our little foray into league 1.

[/quote]

[:(]

[/quote] Premature or what lol !!!!!!

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

Ha Ha.  I know but i''m bored of all the usual talk on here and just want to get other peoples opinion of things...

Say your boys went down to League One and got promoted would you want another over the top celebration with that twat from Busted or something a bit more low key??

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote] Premature or what lol !!!!!![/quote]

Ha Ha.  I know but i''m bored of all the usual talk on here and just want to get other peoples opinion of things...

Say your boys went down to League One and got promoted would you want another over the top celebration with that twat from Busted or something a bit more low key??

[/quote] No OTT every time, you have to milk any success that comes your way !!!!

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

Thats why he used the words "PREMATURELY, EXTREMELY" and "IF"

PRAT

[quote user="bluemike"]No OTT every time, you have to milk any success that comes your way !!!![/quote]But it makes you look like a load of success-starved inbred cretins.Ah hang on, that''s exactly what you are. When we got out of the Championship for the first time in yonks a few years back, the parade was warrented. It was a genuine suprise promotion forged out of great team spirit, some canny signings by Sir Nigel of Worthington and also a hearty and committed support. The atmopsphere was amazing, the entire route was packed sardine style and the buzz was amazing - especially if, like me, you enhanced it with several pints of fine ale over the course of the evening/afternoon. Teetering on my lofty perch some way up the *Castle Mound, the roar of the crowd as the open toppers passed made me very proud.One for promotion from L1 next season wouldn''t be like that, so whats the point?It''s probably annoy more people through road closures etc than it actually made happy.*A big square thing made of stone that you don''t have one of

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="bluemike"]No OTT every time, you have to milk any success that comes your way !!!!
[/quote]

But it makes you look like a load of success-starved inbred cretins.
Ah hang on, that''s exactly what you are.

When we got out of the Championship for the first time in yonks a few years back, the parade was warrented. It was a genuine suprise promotion forged out of great team spirit, some canny signings by Sir Nigel of Worthington and also a hearty and committed support.

The atmopsphere was amazing, the entire route was packed sardine style and the buzz was amazing - especially if, like me, you enhanced it with several pints of fine ale over the course of the evening/afternoon. Teetering on my lofty perch some way up the *Castle Mound, the roar of the crowd as the open toppers passed made me very proud.

One for promotion from L1 next season wouldn''t be like that, so whats the point?
It''s probably annoy more people through road closures etc than it actually made happy.

*A big square thing made of stone that you don''t have one of

[/quote]

LOL.  Nice reply Herb!!  Your feelings are exactly the same as mine.  I just don''t think it would be the same as when we won the championship!!

I too filled myself with many pints then teetered on a bus stop on Tombland before drinking myself silly until the early hours and finishing up with a curry!!  Somehow i feel if they did go up and do something similar it just wouldn''t be the same.

The only way I''d suppourt a parade is if we actually won the league in dominating fashion, building up a near-record breaking points total and totally obliterating opponents week in week out. Otherwise, not a chance. I saw the celebrations from Phil Brown and the Hull players at the end of the Premier League season and I was actually amazed. It was like they''d WON the League let alone survived in it. For all the talk of Norwich fans celebrating failure in recent times, THAT was celebrating failure big time. Since Hull''s initial run earlier in the season which saw them in the top three their descent into a relegation battle really was quite spectacular. Brown''s embarassing gloating afterwards despite being lucky on the last day with other results was really quite annoying. He wouldn''t have been so smug if Newcastle popped up with a late equaliser would he? Back on topic, no. The time for celebrating would be if we got promoted to the Premier League and consequently survived. But only by suriving Stoke style, through hard work and in convincing fashion unlike Hull''s stupendous decline. I reckon they are nailed on to not only get relegated next season, but to finish bottom and probably do a Derby.