Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Why I think Cureton can still do a job.....

very good post, looked very neat, setting up two and scoring . lets hope if he does play, he performs like that.

Not looking forward to the "Wuhy is Cure-it-un orn the feeld" types in the Barclay.  I would''nt be surprised to see him do well this coming season but even so, some will still boo him because they''ve made up their minds.  *sigh*

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Noooooooooooooooo!!!![:''(][/quote]

You must admit that he bossed that game?

[/quote]I wasn''t at the match. I saw him make one good turn, 2 good passes and one very good goal. In a reserve match.Had he done that from when he joined us up till now, he wouldn''t be playing in the reserves in the first place.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Not looking forward to the "Wuhy is Cure-it-un orn the feeld" types in the Barclay.  I would''nt be surprised to see him do well this coming season but even so, some will still boo him because they''ve made up their minds.  *sigh*[/quote]How many more chances does he need?''made up their minds'' - well they''ve had long enough to do so!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="AndyJR"]Not looking forward to the "Wuhy is Cure-it-un orn the feeld" types in the Barclay.  I would''nt be surprised to see him do well this coming season but even so, some will still boo him because they''ve made up their minds.  *sigh*[/quote]How many more chances does he need?''made up their minds'' - well they''ve had long enough to do so![/quote]Not in division 1.  He will get more chances due to the defending, I''m sure he''s still got the instinct to be in the right place and at this level.......We shall see.  I reckon he will get more than 15 goals next season, a pint on it?  [:)]

Nelson looked completely lost there. Cureton actually did look pretty decent, matching up to the Chelsea lot with hno problem.

Cody Macs goal is superb!

all that video shows me is that 1. Stewart Nelson can shout very loud.

and

2. Our reserves defence is almost as worse as our 1st teams!

jas :)

More importantly a great finish from Cody McDonald.I think Cureton will score goals in League 1, his Championship days are behind him but i think there''s enough left there to perform at the lower level.But having said that i would much prefer that Cody gets his chance next season, then we can see if he is as good as we think he might be. Its the perfect scenario for him and he cant lose.Sign for a Championship club from non league, loads of pressure to make the step up. Play 5 mins score a wonder goal, play another 5 mins crack the bar from 25 yards, finish the season on a personal high. Then when the time comes to really show what he''s worth it should be easier in League 1 where he can really learn what professional football is all about.Cureton will be a good squad player but for me its got to be as backup to Cody and Martin and a targetman.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Noooooooooooooooo!!!![:''(][/quote]

You must admit that he bossed that game?

[/quote]
I wasn''t at the match. I saw him make one good turn, 2 good passes and one very good goal. In a reserve match.
Had he done that from when he joined us up till now, he wouldn''t be playing in the reserves in the first place.
[/quote]

Two assists and a goal, involved in all 3 city goals. Exactly he bossed the game, anyone else and it would be a man of the match performance.

I disagree. I''ve always wanted to see Cureton succeed, but sadly he''s flaws will be exactly the same which ever league we play in. He doesn''t convert enough chances that comes his way! To me putting all our hopes on Jamie next season is a far too risky. We need a striker who can put away more chances than he misses. Simple.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="AndyJR"]Not looking forward to the "Wuhy is Cure-it-un orn the feeld" types in the Barclay.  I would''nt be surprised to see him do well this coming season but even so, some will still boo him because they''ve made up their minds.  *sigh*[/quote]How many more chances does he need?''made up their minds'' - well they''ve had long enough to do so![/quote]Not in division 1.  He will get more chances due to the defending, I''m sure he''s still got the instinct to be in the right place and at this level.......We shall see.  I reckon he will get more than 15 goals next season, a pint on it?  [:)][/quote]You''re on [:D]He may well get more chances but if he fluffs them as much as he has done...