Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

third signing

“We already have two new players in and there will be a third tomorrow. These are guys who want to play for Norwich City,” he said.

should imagine this will be a certain defender who scunthorpe want !!

surely top of the list must be a couple of strikers who can score freely in this division .

sadly this one one area that was very poor last season i hope we dont end up with just replacing our midfield players .

a couple of big forwards would give me more confidence i hope that is not a position we are going to struggle again with this season .

at a guess i would imagine its nelson his name has been mentioned a fair amount .

besides he has stated he would work under butterworth .

i think that would have been the deciding factor over scunthorpe , i cant imagine scunthope offering much better wages .

I''m happy ish with the strikers, Martin, Cureton, McDonald & a (target man), my biggest concern are some dependable full backs. A solid right back in the Edworthy, Culverhouse mould & the same at left back as Drury hasn''t played in 2 seasons. 

i wouldnt play cureton i still think he would have problems finding the net even if the keeper was having a chat with the ball boys .

not a cureton fan sorry to say .

mcdonald will be good but i dont think its fair to exspect him to score many in his first full season at this level .

martin , if he has pulled his socks up he will do okay im still a bit unsure about him .

i would have sold two out of the three and banked most of my money on beckford .

[quote user="singing canary"]“We already have two new players in and there will be a third tomorrow. These are guys who want to play for Norwich City,” he said. ................... should imagine this will be a certain defender who scunthorpe want !! surely top of the list must be a couple of strikers who can score freely in this division . sadly this one one area that was very poor last season i hope we dont end up with just replacing our midfield players . a couple of big forwards would give me more confidence i hope that is not a position we are going to struggle again with this season .[/quote]

I''m sorry I missed this completely. Where did you get that quote from?

[quote user="singing canary"]at a guess i would imagine its nelson his name has been mentioned a fair amount .

besides he has stated he would work under butterworth .

i think that would have been the deciding factor over scunthorpe , i cant imagine scunthope offering much better wages .[/quote]I am not sure that the wages will be that much different in all honesty. I think this is a common missconception formed due to the fact that we have been paying well over the odds in player wages in the last few seasons hence the large wage bill we have / had.Although we are cutting this down I can''t see that there will be a great deal of difference in player wages between us and Scunthorpe who are not that big a club and who struggle to compete last time they were promoted. I should imagine they take less of a risk on wages than you would imagine.I would put us on an even keel in those terms at the moment - plus we can almost guarantee first team football.

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]

[quote user="singing canary"]“We already have two new players in and there will be a third tomorrow. These are guys who want to play for Norwich City,” he said. ................... should imagine this will be a certain defender who scunthorpe want !! surely top of the list must be a couple of strikers who can score freely in this division . sadly this one one area that was very poor last season i hope we dont end up with just replacing our midfield players . a couple of big forwards would give me more confidence i hope that is not a position we are going to struggle again with this season .[/quote]

I''m sorry I missed this completely. Where did you get that quote from?

[/quote]

I''ll go along with this question. Where did the quote come from?

Police chief hits back at fraud case criticism

Armed police on scene in Norwich

UEA defends green record

Union hits out at dock job losses

Jobs go as Norfolk travel branches shut

News stories in full

Video News

Forums

Sport latest

Bryan Gunn

Milton Lindsay

Paul Newman

Powles/Walsh

Neil Adams

Championship Chat

Notes from a Sportsdesk

Golfing tips

Champions!

PinkUn.com

What''s On

Eating Out

Listings Search

MyDate24

Live reviews

Jobs24

Homes24

Drive24

Small Ads

Buy a Photo

Subscribe

Shop

2008 calendar

Place an ad

Leaflets

Family Notices

Family Notices Archive

Forums

Blogs

MyDate24

Family Notices

Reader Photos

Text the Editor

Games

Reader Travel

On The Web

Video Vault

Search the archive

Family Notices

Local Life

Your Tributes

Business

Derek James

Life Matters

Norwich features

Originals

Stacia Briggs

Your Rubbish

Infodesk

Links

Travel latest

Speed cameras

Parking

Weather

Contact us

Feedback

Advertise

Place a trade ad

Subscribe

Wedding form

Privacy

Terms & Conditions

SEND US NEWS, PICS, VIDEOS

MMS 07907 902190

e:news@en24.co.uk

t: 01603 772443

Foulger issues 11th hour plea to fans to help fill transfer kitty

foulger has stated this , its on news now my friend.

I''m actually quite happy with the team at the moment. Until players like Hoolahan and Clingan leave.

[quote user="singing canary"]i dont know what happened sorry people ..!![/quote]

Sort it out....is it actually on the website? Who said it?

Is this an actual quote or not? Can someone with the EDP please verify it? I would hate to think that if we don''t sign someone today that smudge, wiz or cluck will drag this up further down the line as evidence of more lies from Carrow Rd.

Foulger said it. Is in the story in the EDP about last minute further plea for people not to claim the rebate. Only thing that is not clear is whether he said it yesterday (so tomorrow is actually today!) or today (so tomorrow is tomorrow!).

“We already have two new players in and there will be a third tomorrow.

These are guys who want to play for Norwich City,” he said.The

club will not issue a final figure until after the rebate deadline, but

the split could be roughly 50-50 between those claiming their money and

those allowing the club to keep it. In a Pink Un website poll, 45 per

cent of fans said they would waive the refund, which would mean Foulger

writing a cheque for £450,000.He said the arrival of new chief executive David McNally last Friday was another sign of the club''s ambition.“It

takes out the uncertainty and things are starting to happen. There will

also be new appointments to the board, though we can''t give you exact

dates on that yet,” said Foulger.McNally made his own appeal to fans last night over the rebate, with a message on the club''s official website.“As

we approach Friday''s deadline I would appeal to those who have yet to

claim their rebate to consider not claiming it, if they can afford to

in these challenging economic times,” he said.Quote from the EDP 24 site.

Thanks CT but I still can''t find it. I have read the McNally and Butterworth interviews but can''t seem to find it as you have quoted it. Any chance of a direct link? Or even which "headline" it comes under?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED17%20Jun%202009%2016%3A55%3A19%3A000Copy and paste the link into your URL [Y]

[quote user="singing canary"]my fault it is in the een . foulgers 11th hour plea . have a look on news now norwich city .. it is on there as well[/quote]

Thank you, found it now. Anybody want a slice of black pudding and a dry stone wall?

[quote user="CT "]http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED17%20Jun%202009%2016%3A55%3A19%3A000

Copy and paste the link into your URL [Y]
[/quote]

Or you could have pressed space bar or enter after it to create a hyperlink! Much easier.

Presuming Spillane plays RB? i think we need a CB, a LB, a RM, LM (if Hoolahan goes) and a target man.