Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

FAO bluemike....Looking forward to your ' derbies ' with The Posh ?

Hi bluemike.

As both our clubs are now scratching around for a provincial '' derby '' I couldn''t help noticing that your handy 180-odd mile round trip to London Road is set for a nice freezing cold Tuesday night in the middle of February. So sadly there''ll be no leisurely p*ss up on the train for you guys but at least it''ll be nice on that draughty old terrace...Best hope it gets frozen off, eh? Even your home game against them is on a Tuesday but I''m surprised that the fixture list has us playing our home '' derby '' on the first day of the season. At least ours are both on a Saturday.

Perhaps their computer can''t cope with our clubs in different divisions ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Hi bluemike.

As both our clubs are now scratching around for a provincial '' derby '' I couldn''t help noticing that your handy 180-odd mile round trip to London Road is set for a nice freezing cold Tuesday night in the middle of February. So sadly there''ll be no leisurely p*ss up on the train for you guys but at least it''ll be nice on that draughty old terrace...Best hope it gets frozen off, eh? Even your home game against them is on a Tuesday but I''m surprised that the fixture list has us playing our home '' derby '' on the first day of the season. At least ours are both on a Saturday.

Perhaps their computer can''t cope with our clubs in different divisions ?

[/quote] Me ? piss up ? would I do such a thing haha !! I have to say the fixtures appear to have come out better for you than us, in as much as you are at home first game, last game and indeed on Boxing day. As you say our only derby game (if you can call it that) is on a bleak Tuesday night. At least it will be 3 points !!!! Ive never known a local derby on opening day before, I bet colchester will want to try to put one over their bigger rivals. I have to be honest there is definitely something missing from the fixture list this season without you guys on it, so get your arses in gear and get yourselves back up (cant believe im saying this) as the 6 points are always most welcome and the rivalry will definitely be missed.

According to Anglia News you''ve started the first game at home for 7 seasons in a row so guess your luck ran out [:D]

You''ve got a tough run in though haven''t you??

[quote user="cityangel"]

According to Anglia News you''ve started the first game at home for 7 seasons in a row so guess your luck ran out [:D]

[/quote]Yeah city angel, we do have a tough run in, we hopefully need to be well in play off places before the last few games, heres hoping.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Yeah city angel, we do have a tough run in, we hopefully need to be well in play off places before the last few games, heres hoping.
[/quote]

LOL - Play Offs, a bit premature don''t you think

Night games are better for derbies, beats 12noon on Saturday or Sunday

generate more atmosphere on night matches as well for some reason

If I was bluemike I''d be looking forward to it, it will nice for Ipswich to finally have a derby at their home ground where the opposition actually bother to turn up [;)]