Sign in to follow this  
Gary Dohertys Stalker

Exeter away

hi i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me, me and my friends have just decided on what away fixtures we will be going to and weve decided to go to exeter although we want to stay over night. so we wer wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get there for the cheapest price as obviously the canary travel is ruled out with us  staying  over night so it would be a great help if anyone had any idea about trains and flights there also any good suggestion on hotels which are fairlry cheap  as at only 15 finace is a issue here. Any help would be greatly appreciated sorry about spelling errors btw there proberlbly loads

[quote user="mr wizard"]hi i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me, me and my friends have just decided on what away fixtures we will be going to and weve decided to go to exeter although we want to stay over night. so we wer wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get there for the cheapest price as obviously the canary travel is ruled out with us  staying  over night so it would be a great help if anyone had any idea about trains and flights there also any good suggestion on hotels which are fairlry cheap  as at only 15 finace is a issue here. Any help would be greatly appreciated sorry about spelling errors btw there proberlbly loads
[/quote]

Have you checked the flybe website for flights to Exeter?

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="mr wizard"]hi i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me, me and my friends have just decided on what away fixtures we will be going to and weve decided to go to exeter although we want to stay over night. so we wer wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get there for the cheapest price as obviously the canary travel is ruled out with us  staying  over night so it would be a great help if anyone had any idea about trains and flights there also any good suggestion on hotels which are fairlry cheap  as at only 15 finace is a issue here. Any help would be greatly appreciated sorry about spelling errors btw there proberlbly loads [/quote]

Have you checked the flybe website for flights to Exeter?

[/quote]good idea mate but no good the flight on match day gets there 4 20 pm and there aint one day after and at £31 a night each we cant really afford more than one night cheers anyway though

If you think finance is an issue why stay the night, Canary Travel would be cheaper than going and staying in some crappy hotel were Jordi is just gonna get scared and cry for his mummy all night lol.  Exeter is hardly a good place to stay is it, its worse than Wymondham.

[quote user="mr wizard"]hi i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me, me and my friends have just decided on what away fixtures we will be going to and weve decided to go to exeter although we want to stay over night. so we wer wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get there for the cheapest price as obviously the canary travel is ruled out with us  staying  over night so it would be a great help if anyone had any idea about trains and flights there also any good suggestion on hotels which are fairlry cheap  as at only 15 finace is a issue here. Any help would be greatly appreciated sorry about spelling errors btw there proberlbly loads [/quote]if time is not an issue, i would flyer down, there are random times, to fly but your looking at 11 quid 1 way, saty in a hostel for a few days, jobs a good un!

why would anyone want to stay in Exeter???!!!! the place is boring as hell! full of old codgers and for a city you can bascially get round all of it in about an hour! it has the fewest shops of any city i''ve been to and must be the only place i''ve been in where i couldnt find a single decent pub in the entire city "center" which is about the size of a small village green!

good luck trying to find somewhere to stay! although once you''re there you might just change your mind!

jas :)

Jas, they''ve just spent millions re-building the city centre with a brand new shopping complex, as for not bein able to find a decent pub you need to look a bit harder, walk down towards the river there are plenty on the hill and on the quay which is 5 mins walk from city centre

Jas.. you are so wrong!!! You obviously didn''t visit the right places? Exeter is a good weekender, and the talent is quite respectable also ;-)  And with a local accent as bad as a true norfolk one, you''ll feel right at home.

i must admit its some years since i was in Exeter.... interested to hear its been redeveloped! i''ll give it another chance one day!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i must admit its some years since i was in Exeter.... interested to hear its been redeveloped! i''ll give it another chance one day!

[/quote]

Got to agree with the others Jas.  It''s changed a great deal since we played them in the FA Cup sometime in the early 90''s.  City centre very good, good pubs and at least they know how to redevelop a waterfront unlike the blinkered money grabbers at City Hall!

Exeter is not going to be cheap to get to (unless you go on the clubs coaches).

Train from Norwich to London will be at best £16 (£8 each way), allow £6 to cross London (twice if not coming back the same day) and £32.50 from London - Exeter (thats a group day return prices as far as I know) before you have even found a travel lodge, eaten and paid for your match ticket. 

Oh and if you are all only 15, you may have trouble finding a hotel that will take you!!!

i went to the pre-season friendly a year or two ago. the place seemed like a bit of a sh**hole in my opinion. it was quite nice around the river but the town itself was pretty skank