Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

Keegan at Southampton

the "messiah" will turn up, be unveiled at a press conference infront of thousands of adoring fans, say how the football club is massive and he loves them, he will sign 30 crap foreigners who no one else wants and leave at Crhistmas doubting himself.. like he does at every club he manages.... the blokes a failure of the highest order and i for one would laugh at Southampton if they ended up with him.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the "messiah" will turn up, be unveiled at a press conference infront of thousands of adoring fans, say how the football club is massive and he loves them, he will sign 30 crap foreigners who no one else wants and leave at Crhistmas doubting himself.. like he does at every club he manages.... the blokes a failure of the highest order and i for one would laugh at Southampton if they ended up with him.

[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Just saying on sky sports news that southampton are trying to get Kevin Keegan as manager. thoughts?[/quote]

I thought they''d be more interested in finding a buyer for the club, won''t they get thrown out of the league if they haven''t found a new owner by the end of the week?

btw does NDHS stand for Notre Dame High School? I went there

So poor that he took Newcastle into Prem as champions in 1993. Then Fulham into Div 1 as champions 1n 1999. Then Man City into Prem as champions in 2005.

All these were in his first season at each club and these are the only League clubs he has managed.

[quote user="tribes"]

So poor that he took Newcastle into Prem as champions in 1993. Then Fulham into Div 1 as champions 1n 1999. Then Man City into Prem as champions in 2005.

All these were in his first season at each club and these are the only League clubs he has managed.

[/quote]

The usage of factual information is not permitted on the pinkun messageboard.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="tribes"]

[/quote]

The usage of factual information is not permitted on the pinkun messageboard.

[/quote]It does spoil things a bit. Hope he doesn''t get the job .

How on earth did Keegan fail at Newcastle? He took them from the bottom of what is now the Championship to runners up in the Premiership. He took Fulham from League 1 to the Championship comfortably. His Man City side (led incedentally by Hucks) absoloutly tore the Championship a new one and then kept them in the top flight. Then his 2nd tenure at Newcastle he had no control over who was going in and out of the club and left because he wanted to control, Newcastle were 6th in the the table when he left i beleive.

Hardly a failure.

[quote user="Lambo"]

How on earth did Keegan fail at Newcastle? He took them from the bottom of what is now the Championship to runners up in the Premiership. He took Fulham from League 1 to the Championship comfortably. His Man City side (led incedentally by Hucks) absoloutly tore the Championship a new one and then kept them in the top flight. Then his 2nd tenure at Newcastle he had no control over who was going in and out of the club and left because he wanted to control, Newcastle were 6th in the the table when he left i beleive.

Hardly a failure.

[/quote]As I said earlier, hope he doesn''t get the job as he certainly is far from a failure.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Lambo"]

Hardly a failure.

[/quote]As I said earlier, hope he doesn''t get the job as he certainly is far from a failure.[/quote]Teams he has managed in this division have munched their opposition - I too hope he doesn''t get the job!

People who call Keegan a faiIure confirm what i always knew, half the people on here know nout about football. Even as a player he had limitations but worked his way to the very top, his management record is in fact very good as pointed out, he is not a yes man though and has principles big deal. Grant, Roeder, Gunn, failures, not Keegan.

Sorry, never forgiven him for the miss against Spain in the 1982 World Cup.  Hate the guy.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Er, Jas - you might want to re-read this tirade again and then you would realise how foolish it''s made you look!! Only ones laughing will probably be Saints as they motor past us under Keegan''s leadership.

[quote user="tribes"]

[/quote]Someone has been watching SSN  [;)]