Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

andrew fitton

Swindon Town chairman Andrew Fitton claims that the Robins were on the verge of clinching the signing of Swansea City midfielder Owain Tudur-Jones only for the Wales international to move to Norwich City instead.

The 24-year-old spent two months on loan at the County Ground last season and Fitton had hoped to seal a permanent £250,000 transfer for the club this summer.

"I''m very disappointed because we knew we were down to the last two clubs," he said. "Owain''s a good player who we gave the chance to come back and play, which was important to him.

"He aspired to go to a Championship club and we thought we were out of the game. But we held talks with Owain and his advisor and we know it came down to two clubs.

"His reason for picking Norwich I don''t agree with, but it''s his reason and Norwich is a good club and a nice place to go and live. I''m sure we''ll enjoy playing against him."

...... to be fair andrew it does help when you like where you are going to live.

i think that is a fair thing the man said .

i know plenty of people who would not take a job if they have to move and dont like the area.

norwich city is a fine city after all ..!!!

[quote user="singing canary"]Swindon Town chairman Andrew Fitton claims that the Robins were on the verge of clinching the signing of Swansea City midfielder Owain Tudur-Jones only for the Wales international to move to Norwich City instead.

The 24-year-old spent two months on loan at the County Ground last season and Fitton had hoped to seal a permanent £250,000 transfer for the club this summer.

"I''m very disappointed because we knew we were down to the last two clubs," he said. "Owain''s a good player who we gave the chance to come back and play, which was important to him.

"He aspired to go to a Championship club and we thought we were out of the game. But we held talks with Owain and his advisor and we know it came down to two clubs.

"His reason for picking Norwich I don''t agree with, but it''s his reason and Norwich is a good club and a nice place to go and live. I''m sure we''ll enjoy playing against him."

...... to be fair andrew it does help when you like where you are going to live.

i think that is a fair thing the man said .

i know plenty of people who would not take a job if they have to move and dont like the area.

norwich city is a fine city after all ..!!![/quote]just here for the money? if we have any

[quote user="bristol_canary"]just here for the money? if we have any[/quote]I doubt it... must be because Swindon is a dump...