Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

NCFC preparing fans for the loss of Clingan & Hoolahan

If you thought the recent new signings in any way indicated a more ambitious approach by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith and co then think again! In the EDP today Butterworth is saying it will probably be unlikely that Norwich will hang on to its ''star'' players, so in other words the recent ''bargain basement'' signings are the sweetner for losing our so called ''better'' players. By the Colchester game Delia should have achieved her vision; an average team led by an average manager playing average football and maintaining mid table average form, if we''re lucky!

Losing both of these players without a substantial chunbk of the funds being spent on new players will not be acceptable. I can tolerate losing Clingan but think Hoolahan could be crucial.

Well you can spin it as much as you like Spartan, but it was highly unlikely that we were going to keep hold of Clingan after his performances last season, as for Wes Hoolahan the fact he spent most of last season lying on his backside on a treatment table and the other half muddling his way through the inconsistancy of our first team performances.

Fact is, it looks as if we have started signing players that actually give a damn about the cause and will give 100% every match. Gunn will assemble a stronger squad able to compete in the world of League One football.

As for your comment re: Delia''s ''vision'' do you honestly believe Delia Smith''s vision was League One football? If that is the case you are about as short sighted as her in that respect.

Now you could turn around to me and say wait and see what happens as the players we''ve got in are as of yet unproven in a Norwich shirt, but I will turn that back on you and say if you think we''re going to have an average season then maybe you should wait and see what happens, winner gets a creme egg.

To be fair I think most fans knew that we could/would lose him and others when we were relegated, it comes as no shock and I don''t blame him for leaving.

Our " so called ''better'' players" are the ones that got us relegated and if they don''t want to be here, then good riddance. In Clingans case, he was free, so whatever we get for him is profit, a good bit of business.

am i missing something?

we all knew Clingan, Croft and Hoolahan would probaly go

we''re a league 1 club, so we''re not going to be able to attract proven championship players

it may just be me but the 2 signings are proven at this level and as good as a League 1 club can hope for

[quote user="Spartan"]

If you thought the recent new signings in any way indicated a more ambitious approach by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith and co then think again! In the EDP today Butterworth is saying it will probably be unlikely that Norwich will hang on to its ''star'' players, so in other words the recent ''bargain basement'' signings are the sweetner for losing our so called ''better'' players. By the Colchester game Delia should have achieved her vision; an average team led by an average manager playing average football and maintaining mid table average form, if we''re lucky!

[/quote]

Neither Wes Hoolohan or Sammy Clingan have come out and said that they want to stay at Norwich, so good riddance.

Im fed up with mercenaries and journeymen that care only about their bank balances, good riddance to anybody that thinks their too good for the club.

If they dont want to be here then the sooner they join David Marshall and Lee Croft the better, the last thing we need is people throwing tantrums and disrupting pre season preperations.

If Wes Hoolohan comes out and tells the fans that he wants to stay at Carrow Road then the club should be expected to keep him, but the likelyhood is that he is on the phone to his agent daily instead...... so if thats the case then the only thing that the club owe the fans is that we get the best price possible and redirect the bulk of this money into the transfer kitty.

[quote user="Spartan"]

[/quote]Butterworth also said that if a player wants to leave the only thing you can do is try to get the right deal, you conveniently omitted this sentence as it didn''t back up your silly attempt to blame the board for every thing that happens, they ain''t great but some things are beyond even their control

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]And He Might Wants To Stay With Norwich, And Rebuild His Fitness Back Up With Them (Hopefully)[/quote]He''s not the type. If he can go he''ll go and wont be missed by many staff/players

I agree with JuanVelasco ... as disappointing as it is to lose our better players, if they don''t want to be here then they should s@d off! Given the deafening silences emerging from messrs Clinghan and Hoolihan I can only assume both are keen on hot footing it out of Norfolk before you can say ''signing on fee''. Well .. good riddance to the pair of em. Both played their part in our pathetic season and so carry their part of the ''can'' along with everyone else.

Like most of us, I fully expected these 2 plus Marshall and Croft to depart ... if we were to retain any of them I guess it would have been a bonus!

As it stands we do not have any money to spend on players.

We cant spend any rebate money until we know how much there is to spend. (the deadline is 5pm today and untill they are all processed the figure will not be known untill next week)

Untill Clingan and whoever else leaves, there is no money, the club cannot just go out and spend 1 million pounds, just in case any potential sale falls through.

e.g. I want to buy a new car, untill I gaurentee that I have sold my existing car, I do not have the funds to purchase a new one.

Some people don''t seem to have recognised that this group of players were the third worst in the Championship and includes Marshall, Croft, Clingan & Hoolihan and ignores the contribution of loan players like Lita.