Sign in to follow this  
Pete27

Season of Optimism!

I have finally after years of viewing post after post on here joined as a member (frankly i did not realise it was this simple)!

I have read a vast amount of negative comments from last season and now. I am not criticising this, as a fan you have the right to an opinion and even more so if you spend your hard earned money going to home games and some of you travel up and down the country supporting the team.

I do feel it would be in the interests of the team for next season that we should be getting behind them and stop the complaining about the same shortcomings at board and management level . Looking at the early fixtures all of which are clubs which are either new to the division or established mid table league one teams at best would mean we have a realistic chance of getting a decent start to the season, confidence breaths confidence and gunnies idea of trying to buy hungry players with something to prove, or players who have a passion to play for the club will mean the desire and work ethic which has been so lacking in recent years will be at the fourfront of the teams ethos this year. Our new chief exec has experience (which is an immediate improvement on the previous regime) and will also becoming in with a fresh perspective and new ideas to push the club forward.

So my point is simple get behind the team give gunn a chance this year and leave all the emotional baggage behind with last season . It will not make you feel any better to continue winding yourselves up!

Look forward to responses,

[quote user="Pete27"]

I have finally after years of viewing post after post on here joined as a member (frankly i did not realise it was this simple)!

I have read a vast amount of negative comments from last season and now. I am not criticising this, as a fan you have the right to an opinion and even more so if you spend your hard earned money going to home games and some of you travel up and down the country supporting the team.

I do feel it would be in the interests of the team for next season that we should be getting behind them and stop the complaining about the same shortcomings at board and management level . Looking at the early fixtures all of which are clubs which are either new to the division or established mid table league one teams at best would mean we have a realistic chance of getting a decent start to the season, confidence breaths confidence and gunnies idea of trying to buy hungry players with something to prove, or players who have a passion to play for the club will mean the desire and work ethic which has been so lacking in recent years will be at the fourfront of the teams ethos this year. Our new chief exec has experience (which is an immediate improvement on the previous regime) and will also becoming in with a fresh perspective and new ideas to push the club forward.

So my point is simple get behind the team give gunn a chance this year and leave all the emotional baggage behind with last season . It will not make you feel any better to continue winding yourselves up!

[/quote]

Look forward to less of yours....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Pete27"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Snap.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Pete27"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How to make someone feel welcome

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Pete27"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How to make someone feel welcome

[/quote]

"Hello and welcome!"..."Cheerio!"

Im optimistic about this season. Plenty of people have been moaning for months about delia, rebates, gunn etc etc. I think its time we look forward not back. The division in my view is poor. I was not impressed with Leeds, MK Dons at the end of last season, all the teams coming up from league 2 are poor Soton have points deducted and are in turmoil, millwall have not got strength in depth. Charlton will be the challenge but i dont think we should fear anyone. Our home gates will be probably the second biggest to leeds which will give the players a great atmosphere to play in. I just dont see the point in thinking the end of the world is here. Yes we were relegated and it was unacceptable and bad decisions have been made at all levels of the club over a long period of time and perhaps a new regime from top to bottom would be the answer. Sadly no magic wand and no billionaire arabs are coming to save us. Protesting and complaing all season will be damaging to the team and will result in negative results on the pitch.

You forgot to mention that Norwich are poor, haven''t got enough players to field a 5-a-side team yet again, we are downgardaing the quality of a team that was not good enough to stay in the Championship when we need a stronger team to win promotion from this league.

PS - You are missing out Huddersfield

Blah, blah, blah it''s all the fans fault... get a life!!! [:$]

Like I said you think we will walk the first 3 games... come back and see me then because if somebody offered me 4 points from the first 3 games right now I would snap their arm off.

If we do not beat Colchester on the opening day then I see in-fighting in the crowds at Carrow Road as early as our 2nd or 3rd home game.

[quote user="Smudger"]

You forgot to mention that Norwich are poor, haven''t got enough players to field a 5-a-side team yet again, we are downgardaing the quality of a team that was not good enough to stay in the Championship when we need a stronger team to win promotion from this league.

Like I said you think we will walk the first 3 games... come back and see me then because if somebody offered me 4 points from the first 3 games right now I would snap their arm off.

If we do not beat Colchester on the opening day then I see in-fighting in the crowds at Carrow Road as early as our 2nd or 3rd home game.

[/quote]

Be interested to know how you would see that as you don`t attend, Cludgie ?

[quote user="Pete27"]Im optimistic about this season. Plenty of people have been moaning for months about delia, rebates, gunn etc etc. I think its time we look forward not back. The division in my view is poor. I was not impressed with Leeds, MK Dons at the end of last season, all the teams coming up from league 2 are poor Soton have points deducted and are in turmoil, millwall have not got strength in depth. Charlton will be the challenge but i dont think we should fear anyone. Our home gates will be probably the second biggest to leeds which will give the players a great atmosphere to play in. I just dont see the point in thinking the end of the world is here. Yes we were relegated and it was unacceptable and bad decisions have been made at all levels of the club over a long period of time and perhaps a new regime from top to bottom would be the answer. Sadly no magic wand and no billionaire arabs are coming to save us. Protesting and complaing all season will be damaging to the team and will result in negative results on the pitch.[/quote]I''m with you mate, last time I got a smack on the nose it made me fight back most people on this board this board would rather complain they were hit with a sucker punch

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Pete27"]Im optimistic about this season. Plenty of people have been moaning for months about delia, rebates, gunn etc etc. I think its time we look forward not back. The division in my view is poor. I was not impressed with Leeds, MK Dons at the end of last season, all the teams coming up from league 2 are poor Soton have points deducted and are in turmoil, millwall have not got strength in depth. Charlton will be the challenge but i dont think we should fear anyone. Our home gates will be probably the second biggest to leeds which will give the players a great atmosphere to play in. I just dont see the point in thinking the end of the world is here. Yes we were relegated and it was unacceptable and bad decisions have been made at all levels of the club over a long period of time and perhaps a new regime from top to bottom would be the answer. Sadly no magic wand and no billionaire arabs are coming to save us. Protesting and complaing all season will be damaging to the team and will result in negative results on the pitch.[/quote]

I''m with you mate, last time I got a smack on the nose it made me fight back most people on this board this board would rather complain they were hit with a sucker punch
[/quote]

I bet it will be one of the Percy''s who throws the first punch before being landed on their arse too... [:$]

[quote user="Pete27"]

[/quote]

Good.... get used to it.

i think huddersfield will be there or there abouts but not automatic, no goal scorer! Anyway for a first post i think i did quite well.

Well said Pete, the majority of fans are now looking forward to the season with optimism ans a spring in their step.

Pay no heed to the attention-seeking dullards and their repetitive sack the board/boycott the club mantra. They are unable to accep the simple fact that their views are those of a small minority. The vast majority of Norwich City fans never look at this, or any, bulletin board. And of those that do, virtually all never post, not willing to be shouted down by Lord Haw-Haw and his little band.

When I scanned through the fixture list yesterday I felt a frisson of excitement. Weekends planned, afternoons of midweek awaydays to scive off mentally noted. I wonder how the season ticket returning martyrs felt. I would say empty, but then they have all that lovely bile and vitriol to keep them going.

3.00pm August 8. Real fans know where they will be and what they will be doing - roaring the team to victory. I doubt anyone really cares what Lord Haw Haw and Co will be doing.

Onwards and upwards!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Pete27"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Snap.....

[/quote]

ditto!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Typical spin and twisting from you;

How poor are we then? And compared to whom? We certainly have more than 5 players and you say we are downgrading but how do you know that the players replacing the ones that have left/are leaving will not do a better job (hopefully in terms of attitude at least). As you have never seen any of our players in action let alone those that are coming in I don''t think you can talk.

Huddersfield are below the teams he mentioned in terms of bookies odds (before the season starts a good pointer as to the strengths of each club) - you may as well have said that he missed out Brighton, Tranmere, Southend, etc, etc.

Can''t see where he said 3 games?

If there is fighting you won''t see it though, you''ll be in the car park threatening kids again.

i do see every side to this because of the last few seasons many have no confidence in this club at all .

what gets me is why leave things untill we get relegated to realise things needed to change .

what gets me the board have sat back and watched some of the most crazy moves made by previous managers and sat back .

i am pleased with the appointment of mcnally and believe he will be very good for the club yet knowing how stubborn delia is how much notice will she take if he comes up with new ideas that could help us.

i think this is going to be a very hard and long season and wont be a walk in the park as many think it will .

ARGH!  ANOTHER GET BEHIND THE TEAM POST.Unfurls stock answer number 4548....."We do support the team and get behind them on matchdays.  It does not mean we have to be happy with years of squandering larger sums of cash than many comparable clubs, poor managerial appointments, and a lack of leadership from the board".

And relax.

Ha ha, weren''t we going to walk the championship when we came down from the premiership four years ago? Current form under the current owners suggests no change. All this blind optimism is founded on hope and pure speculation. How about we wait until after the first few games of the season and then make our predictions?

At the very least it might help ease the unrelenting in-fighting on these boards.

Can''t agree with the OP re strength of Div 3. MK Dons were a good side last season as were Millwall and Leeds to name just three. i''m afraid you will get a shock if you think otherwise.

You must remember we were simply awful last season and playing that way would see us relegated this season.

As others have said, just because some of us are not happy about the way our club is run etc does not mean we wont get behind the team.

The arguement from some on here that we ''anti board'' types our in the minority does not match up either, with at least 30 odd supporters I know and/or sit with.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Every season is a season of optimism for me, unfortunately we have been constantly let down except for play off and promotion season. With the same management team in place as we finished last season off with I am not too optimistic but will be gladly proved wrong. [/quote]

No you will be proved right and unless you act will deserve every awful minute of cringeworthy football that is served up to you... hope you enjoy it!

[quote user="Smudger"]No you will be proved right and unless you act[/quote]Can you explain what you mean exactly by "act" smudger?

I am excited, as always at this stage of the season, but i do worry that we will soon have a team of Div 1 standard players, Leicester walked this league because they had a team of Championship quality players. The way things are going I can see us staying here for a long long time. Unless of course we suddenly sign a couple of major players, say a Leroy Lita for instance, once upon a time that would be expected. Now it would be a miracle.