Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

get real - we are an average league one team now

sorry to the fans who think we will be in the play-offs all season but please come back down to reality. our team is being punched and kicked apart....croft and clingan will be gone soon and we are getting lower league players ONLY. 

no we are a league one team who has just been promoted from the Championship,

if we finish mid-table next season then we are an ''average'' league one side, I''m fed up with some fans negativity on here which they seem to thrive upon, despite our lack of funds our transfer dealings have been very positive so far and it would be nice to see this reflect in the mood of the supporters.

so perhaps as the author of this post was so quick to point out ''get real - its going to be one hell of a ride''

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

if we finish mid-table next season then we are an ''average'' league one side, I''m fed up with some fans negativity on here which they seem to thrive upon, despite our lack of funds our transfer dealings have been very positive so far and it would be nice to see this reflect in the mood of the supporters.

so perhaps as the author of this post was so quick to point out ''get real - its going to be one hell of a ride''

[/quote]

perhaps the author of this post is fed up as 5 years ago today we were looking at our fixtures list in the PREMIERSHIP with a DECENT squad and today i find myself looking at trips to hartlepool and yeovil with NO squad.

Its a fair point.    But if you go along and clap your hands enough everything will be ok apparently.[quote user="glove1"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

perhaps the author of this post is fed up as 5 years ago today we were looking at our fixtures list in the PREMIERSHIP with a DECENT squad and today i find myself looking at trips to hartlepool and yeovil with NO squad.

[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Its a fair point.    But if you go along and clap your hands enough everything will be ok apparently.[quote user="glove1"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]It will? [:o]. I''d better get starting then! [:''(]

[quote user="glove1"]

sorry to the fans who think we will be in the play-offs all season but please come back down to reality. our team is being punched and kicked apart....croft and clingan will be gone soon and we are getting lower league players ONLY. 

[/quote]

I don''t actually see anyone who thinks we will be in the play offs all season. What I do see are people who are encouraged by actions taken so far.

I think, Mr Glove, you are simply seeing what you want to see.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

unfortunatly as bad as it sounds, that were 5 years ago and this is now....

[/quote]

Thats the point. We should''ve built on that but didn''t. Failure by the board has cost us but no-one seems bothered enough about it.

Still look on the bright side we''re signing injury prone players and freebie''s....again. Everythings going to be just fine, just like it was when we got over-excited about PG''s and Roeders freebie signings. Now it''s Gunns turn.....to utilise the same plan which served us so well in the past.

Apparently people are excited by next season......?????

I cannot remember the hype of signings like we''ve had this season compared to the last few.

I.e. Peter Taylor''s glowing reference of Matt Gill and Martinez''s praise about Tudur-Jones

[quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

we are getting lower league players ONLY? - Good job we are actually in a lower league then - I''m a genius you know.

Haven''t people been excited and hopeful about how the team was shaping up in each of the past few seasons? And how well did we do after that?

Be in no doubt we are going to struggle badly this season. I think we are more likely to be fighting relegation than fighting for promotion. We simply do not have the squad needed.

How is our team glove1 being punched and kicked apart? First Croft was out of contract so he was always going to go. I never really rated him that high anyway. He can''t cross a ball to save his life. A winger that can''t cross a ball!!

Clingan said he wanted to leave. Doesn''t want to be here, play for Norwich anymore. So the best option is to sell him for as much as we can!

We still have a lot of players that have been playing all their football careers in the Championship. We our the class team in League 1. It''s about time people like you stopped f**king moaning. Start looking at the positives. If we get the right players in, we could walk this league.

if this season started tomorrow I would tend to agree, but we still have just under 2 months!!!

Now we''ve started early this year and haven''t missed out on any crucial targets, looking as if we''ve beaten a Championship club to the signature of at least 2 players already (this includes Nelson) and you can bet your arse that we will make further signings.

How can you moan about the team?? It''s ONLY bloody June still!!! We are still recruiting players!! Nelson is to sign tomorrow. All the players that have signed so far, are rated pretty good.

F**k me! We have some real morons on here moaning about the team already. Every day we are hearing about new players. This is players holiday time don''t forget. Many of them are out of the country! It''s still f**king june!

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

we are getting lower league players ONLY? - Good job we are actually in a lower league then - I''m a genius you know.

[/quote]

Added to this Matt Gill would''ve been playing in the same league as us as would Nelson and Tudur-Jones has come from a league above us. Also look at the amount of clubs who have picked up "lower league" gems and look at the clubs who have picked up Premiership has-beens. Its the quality of the player that counts, not which league he has played in, and to be fair Marshall and Croft hardly shone last season did they?

[quote user="colneycanary"]F**k me! We have some real morons on here moaning about the team already. Every day we are hearing about new players. This is players holiday time don''t forget. Many of them are out of the country! It''s still f**king june![/quote]

you like to F*cking swear dont you!! lol

Yes I do when people get my back up! We still have a strong team, most of it, ex championship players. New players are arriving every day. We are the biggest club in league 1, have the biggest support and favourites to win the league. We stand a much better chance of winning silverware and getting to Wembley than we have for many years. Start looking at the positives! It makes you feel a lot better inside! lol

[quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

We are a THIRD DIVISION team for the first time in half a century.......

If that''s an acceptable reality then surely all is lost.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Added to this Matt Gill would''ve been playing in the same league as us as would Nelson and Tudur-Jones has come from a league above us. Also look at the amount of clubs who have picked up "lower league" gems and look at the clubs who have picked up Premiership has-beens. Its the quality of the player that counts, not which league he has played in, and to be fair Marshall and Croft hardly shone last season did they?

[/quote]

Totally agree, i would have released Croft anyway and just glad we got a fee for Marshall. We need a right winger desperately, and one who can cross this time.

I posted a note last week re our current position, if the season started today we''d actually be able to compete and roll over most of the teams in this Division, this is not a strong Division, we just need to add a few more faces in some key positions between now and the season starting and then I think we''d have a good chance! (Prepared to be shot-down!)

[quote user="Rich T no not the biscuit"]I posted a note last week re our current position, if the season started today we''d actually be able to compete and roll over most of the teams in this Division, this is not a strong Division, we just need to add a few more faces in some key positions between now and the season starting and then I think we''d have a good chance! (Prepared to be shot-down!)[/quote]

Sure you haven''t got us confused with someone else ?