Sign in to follow this  
S.Yorks Canary

Derby 3 City 0

A up

Chatting to a Derby fan at work about previous DC v NC encounters and I was telling him about City losing 3-0 in the league cup at pride park in the late 90s...my guess was around 98-99 ish.

I cant seem to find it in the stats / history anywhere.....does anyone remember the game at all and can they comment on what season it was?

I seem to remember we were 3-0 down early on and it might have been Paul Dalglish''s last game for the club (if not it was one of the last).......

I know we lost and I should be that bothered but I am a bit of a closet stato and its really bugging me

Rich

I remember it, I was there... Wasn''t it 4 nil? Anyway, we got a hiding! £5 to park & the burgers were a similar price... Rip off!

Looking at one of the scorers in that game, a certain Mr. Christie, is now a free agent.  Knows where the net is, has a decent record, but is injury prone.  Apparently scored 1 goal in 4 appearances for Leeds last season but decided to leave of his own accord.

Norwich: Marshall ,Sutch ,Fleming ,Roberts ,Mulryne ,Russell ,Dalglish (Coote ,61 ) ,Forbes (McVeigh ,85 ) ,Kenton (De Waard ,82 ) ,Llewellyn ,Mackay

Subs not used Green,Walsh,

wow that team was pretty shocking, had we not had the likes of Eadie, Bellamy and Roberts we would have been relegated in the late 90''s because some of the players back then make the current crop look good

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Norwich: Marshall ,Sutch ,Fleming ,Roberts ,Mulryne ,Russell ,Dalglish (Coote ,61 ) ,Forbes (McVeigh ,85 ) ,Kenton (De Waard ,82 ) ,Llewellyn ,Mackay Subs not used Green,Walsh, wow that team was pretty shocking, had we not had the likes of Eadie, Bellamy and Roberts we would have been relegated in the late 90''s because some of the players back then make the current crop look good[/quote]

7 of those players were with us in the promotion seasom, so they cant have been that bad.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Norwich: Marshall ,Sutch ,Fleming ,Roberts ,Mulryne ,Russell ,Dalglish (Coote ,61 ) ,Forbes (McVeigh ,85 ) ,Kenton (De Waard ,82 ) ,Llewellyn ,Mackay Subs not used Green,Walsh, wow that team was pretty shocking, had we not had the likes of Eadie, Bellamy and Roberts we would have been relegated in the late 90''s because some of the players back then make the current crop look good[/quote]

7 of those players were with us in the promotion seasom, so they cant have been that bad.

[/quote]

The main reason we were so bad at the time was the genius management of Brian Hamilton...no doubt he described this performance as ''superb''

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]Precisely, we had a good TEAM, not a bunch of individuals.Secondly, NOTHING can make the current crop look good. We''re in the position we are now for a reason...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Looking at one of the scorers in that game, a certain Mr. Christie, is now a free agent.  Knows where the net is, has a decent record, but is injury prone.  Apparently scored 1 goal in 4 appearances for Leeds last season but decided to leave of his own accord.[/quote]Good shout that - he was highly rated not so long ago. Must be some baggage involved

[quote user="AJ"]Precisely, we had a good TEAM, not a bunch of individuals.[/quote]But you like Huckerby......

[quote user="AJ"]Secondly, NOTHING can make the current crop look good. We''re in the position we are now for a reason...[/quote]blub blub blub moan moan moanSo whats the reason?

Was''nt this the game where D.Sutch had a man marking job on Georgi Kinkladze (something like that) he ripped Sutchy to shreds, bit like most average players did!!

I went to that match. It was a mid-week match. I was working in Coventry at the time having lived in Derby for 2 years. I hadn''t been there long, so it would have been late ''99 or early 2000. We were 3-0 down by half time and that''s how the score finished. It was 10 pounds to get in. I can''t remember much about the game but it was very dissapointing.

[quote user="BA"]But you like Huckerby......[/quote]Yes, because Huckerby can be a good team player. Bringing other players into the game, creating chances. Individuals work well in a well worked team (hence our promotion season). We pretty much had a decent squad with a few royalty''s (one of them being Huckerby), and look where it got us. I rest my case.

Ah, OK. Just read lin. It was late 2000. Still a joke of a performance!