Sign in to follow this  
sparkie

Is Gunn

Is Gunn going the same way as his predessors, and signing midfield players, when we have a greater need for players in other positions.

[quote user="sparkie"]Is Gunn going the same way as his predessors, and signing midfield players, when we have a greater need for players in other positions.[/quote]

Long way to go yet. Patience.

[quote user="sparkie"]Is Gunn going the same way as his predessors, and signing midfield players, when we have a greater need for players in other positions.[/quote]

Long way to go yet. Patience.

Apart from Clingan we have lost Fotheringham and Croft, and there may be doubts about Pattison Lappin and Russell, and even Hoolahan. We needed, and still need at least one wide player.

Wide positions still concern me.Gill, OTJ, Clingan, Russell, Pattison, Lappin, and K. Smith at a push are all decent central midfielders. Obviously Clingan is nigh on certain to go but atm he''s still here.Lappin, and Hoolahan are the only wide midfielders we have!  Very worrying indeed. I''d say 2 more are needed.

[quote user="CT "]SACK THE BOARD![/quote]How do you propose to do that then?

[quote user="IPA"][quote user="CT "]SACK THE BOARD![/quote]How do you propose to do that then?[/quote]Wivva big sack, innit.  Chuck ''em inna canal - that''ll lurnum.

[quote user="CT "]Wide positions still concern me.

Gill, OTJ, Clingan, Russell, Pattison, Lappin, and K. Smith at a push are all decent central midfielders. Obviously Clingan is nigh on certain to go but atm he''s still here.

Lappin, and Hoolahan are the only wide midfielders we have!  Very worrying indeed. I''d say 2 more are needed.
[/quote]

We also have Luke Daley.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="CT "]Wide positions still concern me.

Gill, OTJ, Clingan, Russell, Pattison, Lappin, and K. Smith at a push are all decent central midfielders. Obviously Clingan is nigh on certain to go but atm he''s still here.

Lappin, and Hoolahan are the only wide midfielders we have!  Very worrying indeed. I''d say 2 more are needed.
[/quote]

We also have Luke Daley.

[/quote]

striker?

What other positions?  We need 1 keeper,  a right back, a target man, cover for centre and left back, oh and a complete midfield.

We were relegated last season because we defended poorly from midfield (too many runners untracked despite 2 defensive midfielders most of the season,  no closing down out wide allowing too many crosses in,  no ball winning capability in the centre),  simply out played and dominated in that area of the pitch in 75% of games and on top of that created so little in the way of chances or service for the strikers.

Our core was weak,  and it seems that Gun is looking to replace the wantaway/gonaway non entities we possesed last season.  Are they the right players?  I dont know - but the fans thought Brellier was so I wont le judge until I have seen them play - League one is something I know so little about its impossible to know whether the players are right being bought are right or not. 

We have several weeks before the start of the season and I am sure that a keeper and a target man, in particual, will appear soon enough. 

We do need players in their proper position, without any question using right footed on the left side, left on the right and utility players who could apparantly "do a job" has cost us dear in the last couple of seasons.

The squad is very thin on numbers, and we''re likely to lose at least 2 or 3 more from the relegated squad, so it is quite a task to cover what we need