Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

How much is Clingan worth??

How much do you think Sammy Clingan is worth? He''s only got 1 year left on his contract and wants to leave, so probably for the best we sell him. Lee Clark says he thinks he''s good enough for the Premiership. Clubs reported chasing him are Coventry, Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday that we know of. If he is good enough for the Prem, he has to be worth 2 million+.

Working on the premise that Clingan wants to play in the premiership, why would he sign for any of these clubs? He''s one season from being a free agent which will make him even more attractive to premiership clubs of the likes of Fulham, Bolton etc. What benefit is there to tieing himself into a 2,3 year contract with clubs probably not good enough to gain promotion from the Championship (Cardiff possibly excepted)? Stay here which will put City under even more pressure to accept bids in January and instruct his agent to seek out premiership suitors would seem a better prospect for him.

value? £ 1- 1.5 million I''d have thought unless there is a bidding war for him but i don''t see that as being very likely.

Clingan has to be sold now, with just a year on his contract we cannot afford to let him go for nothing next summer. Hopefully with a few clubs interested we may get up to 1.5M, but anything over 1M will be good business.

Per 18/6/09 at 16.38 pm

You probably know all this but I was looking through Eatsleep.sport for a West Ham article and saw this. I''ve copied it across perhaps there''s something new in it for you?

Canaries assistant manager Ian Butterworth has said the club are prepared to listen to offers for Sammy Clinghan.

The

25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Carrow Road

following Norwich''s relegation to League One last season and with just

one year left on his contract Bryan Gunn''s side could be forced to

sell. Sheffield Wednesday are the latest club to be linked

with a move for Clingan but may have to move quick with the Canaries

reported to be considering a part exchange offer of £1million plus

striker Robbie Simpson from Coventry.Butterworth has now come

out and said there is no shortage of clubs interested in the midfielder

and says Norwich are ready to consider any offers they receive for him."I think Sammy''s an excellent player and he could play at a higher level," said Butterworth."Bryan

had a chat with players at the end of the season and wanted to know how

their feelings were towards Norwich City, so those conversations are

private between the manager and the player. But we have had a lot of

interest in Sammy and one or two other players. We''ll have to see what

is the best thing for Norwich City and take it from there."You

like to think you''ll be able to keep Sammy Clingan but if he expresses

his wishes to play elsewhere, what do you do? You try to help him on

his way and get the best deal for Norwich City."

Quite a bit to Delia''s Canary Catering. [img]http://www.deliascanarycatering.com/images/main/delia_in_corn_field.jpg[/img]

[:P]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

About £1m because of the contract situation.

About £2m otherwise.

[/quote]

No way is he worth £2m as a player.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Clingan has to be sold now, with just a year on his contract we cannot afford to let him go for nothing next summer. Hopefully with a few clubs interested we may get up to 1.5M, but anything over 1M will be good business.
[/quote]

If he helped us get promoted (I believe he would make a big difference in this league) then maybe a mil wouldn''t be so bad to lose. But obviously it''s a mil + wages and the club simply can''t afford to gamble so much on one player. Ah well.

This is one area where I seriously hope our new CEO improves our performance. I can''t believe how much money we have lost over the last few years by poor negotiation when buying and selling players and drawing up contracts.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]This is one area where I seriously hope our new CEO improves our performance. I can''t believe how much money we have lost over the last few years by poor negotiation when buying and selling players and drawing up contracts.

[/quote]

Spot on YY so let us just hope that when he goes we do not have an Etuhu/Earnshaw get out type clause that is triggered when a ceratain sum is offered.At least this time if it does happen like that we will not have ND telling us that he would not have signed in the first place had such a clause not been written into the contract.

£500k in my opinion, I wouldnt think many teams would pay much more for someone who is out of contract in a year. He can start talking to other teams in 6 months!

One billion dollars.....Holds little finger to mouth!!!

Sorry,in honesty about £1.5 million has to be a fair price.