Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Nelson signs on 2 year deal

Wow, never saw that coming lol [;)]Hard to say with some of these players as they simply don''t have the profile that Champs and Prem players have, but all the signs are good....

Happy with this. Big, dogged centre back, shame about the lack of pace but will do a good job hopefully

[quote user="KCanary"]Happy with this. Big, dogged centre back, shame about the lack of pace but will do a good job hopefully[/quote]

Hopefully another good signing. Should be suited and experienced at this level, nice to see some signings made early rather than leaving it to the last minute

[quote user="KCanary"]Happy with this. Big, dogged centre back, shame about the lack of pace but will do a good job hopefully[/quote]Pace might not be such a problem in league 1 - I do wonder if that''s the reason he didn''t sign for Scunthorpe actually.

Need to get the Clingan money tied up would be nice to have a couple of players that warrant a fee..maybe even a striker

So our defence is now :GK- S. Nelson, RuddLB- DruryCB- Doherty, Stefanovic, M. NelsonRB- Otsemobor,  Spillane I reckon we need another LB, and possibly a loan goalkeeper and thats our defence sorted?Anyone agree/disagree?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Whether these players come good or not is not the question, we''re signing people early![/quote]

And that alone makes me wake up in the morning and reach PAST the whiskey bottle! [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Whether these players come good or not is not the question, we''re signing people early![/quote]

Yep and three permanent bodies in already too. Making a nice change. If we need to bring in 10 new players, make it 8 on perms and 2 on loan, not the other way round.

[quote user="CT "]So our defence is now :

GK- S. Nelson, Rudd

LB- Drury

CB- Doherty, Stefanovic, M. Nelson

RB- Otsemobor,  Spillane

I reckon we need another LB, and possibly a loan goalkeeper and thats our defence sorted?

Anyone agree/disagree?
[/quote]

The club released Nelson, so we need a GK and a LB, as i''m more competent than Dreary. Then we need a RM and a LM (if Hoolahan goes) and a target man, then i''ll ber happier.

[quote user="Big Bob"]

[quote user="CT "]So our defence is now :

GK- S. Nelson, Rudd

LB- Drury

CB- Doherty, Stefanovic, M. Nelson

RB- Otsemobor,  Spillane

I reckon we need another LB, and possibly a loan goalkeeper and thats our defence sorted?

Anyone agree/disagree?
[/quote]

The club released Nelson, so we need a GK and a LB, as i''m more competent than Dreary. Then we need a RM and a LM (if Hoolahan goes) and a target man, then i''ll ber happier.

[/quote]

lappin can play left back if he signs his deal. Would be good enough back-up at this level. I think in all we need a GK (Doyle hopefully), a right winger (no idea who but with pace) and a targetman (preference would be Alan Lee) and we are in decent shape even if Clingan does go.

Has S. Nelson definitely gone then?

I agree re a LB and a GK (hopefully someone in their 30s with bags of experience who can help the kids along).  Then we just need to sort out our wingers and get another striker in.

Having said all this, we also need to see how these players compete in League 1 as might find ourselves having to reassess after 3 games!

[quote user="CT "]So our defence is now :GK- S. Nelson, RuddLB- DruryCB- Doherty, Stefanovic, M. NelsonRB- Otsemobor,  Spillane I reckon we need another LB, and possibly a loan goalkeeper and thats our defence sorted?Anyone agree/disagree?[/quote]It looks like we''re not going to offer Nelson another contract so a keeper is a must. Doyle for a year on load allowing Rudd to find his feet sounds like a good plan to me. Given Drury injury record cover at left back is a must too. Looks promising, although I thought that last year too!

And he broke off his honeymoon to sign for City. Doesn''t look like he''s going to take many prisoners.

any further news likely re transfers, directors etc today Pete? There had been whispers of further movement on the transfer front

[quote user="Soldier on"]any further news likely re transfers, directors etc today Pete? There had been whispers of further movement on the transfer front[/quote]

Nothing more today.

Butterworth did say someone else in the next 10 days though....

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Didn''t Leeds want him not so long ago, might be the first leader we''ve had at the back since Mackay left.[/quote]Leicester wanted him too, so i watched out for him, and he has the worst distribution i''ve ever seen from a pro footballer, although hes a pretty solid defender and you can tell that by just looking at him. Also, hes very prone to mistakes and Hartlepool fans don''t rate him very highly, he''s not good enough to be in the starting 11 of a team pushing for promotion thats for sure.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Soldier on"]any further news likely re transfers, directors etc today Pete? There had been whispers of further movement on the transfer front[/quote]

Nothing more today.

Butterworth did say someone else in the next 10 days though....

[/quote]

Hopefully a pacey wide man or two.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Whether these players come good or not is not the question, we''re signing people early![/quote]This is causing alot of temporal confusion on my part!  I keep thinking I''ve missed wimbledon and wondering why august is so wet and horrible.

good signing, nothing too exiting though as will ideally be cover for injuries to doc and stefanovic. looks like a leader though, we need more of them as i think its a quiet dressing room probably now, expecially after relegation