Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Very interesting Article...

Here is an interesting (and very true) insight to what has and is going on at our club...

http://carrowroad.net/cnews/modules/news/article.php

"Little more than a month since relegation there are just so many mixed feelings going through my mind as we embark on League One Campaign.

Alot of people point the finger at the board with regard to failings to make correct decisions and I would have to agree up to a certain point, but with the benefit of hindsight and some inside knowledge of the clb , I find it difficult to fault many of the decisions that have been made in the wake of relegation.

Many have questioned and bemoan the appointment of Gunn, which I first thought was a poor decision, but he should be given the chance to prove his worth on the signings he brings to the club.  My extremely reliable source has told me of the absolute carnage Glenn Roeder and his attitude, caused within the club and the way in which any spirit within the club was ripped out.  The man absolutely destroyed the club from within, with his treatment of all staff, playing and otherwise.   Gunn has been nothing but a firefighter from the day he came in, trying to quench the damage caused by Roeders ineptitude.  Im talking serious personal insults made which would kill the spirit of even the thickest of skinned.  Gunn tried and failed at restoring the peace

Now with players leaving left and right and being replaced by what many consider to be uninspiring signings, alot of heat is being flung at Bryan and the two Ians, but prematurely in my reckoning.

I am not a fan of the current board, or have never claimed to be, but their actions since relegation seem to be impeccable. 

David Marshall - Disinterested and had his head elsewhere (up his own arse most of time) but got rid
Eagle, Fotheringham, Cort, Croft - Mixture of disinterested and simply not good enough. Took decisive action to clear them from the wage bill.

McNally - Appointed a highly trusted and respectable figure within the game, with great contacts and testimonies from some of the best.  Time will only tell if this opens the door to new investment opportunities, but clearly has the acumen and wherewithal to make the decisions that count and the decisive actions not taken by Doncaster.

Gill and OTJ - young players with hunger, determination and who will show alot more pride for the shirt than players of previous years.  They may not be the biggest names, but these players clearly possess a hunger for the game and are rated highly.  If they can show the hunger and passion of Cody McDonald, that desire, we will do very well.  Norwich City have never been about big named players and superstars, we have always built any success we have on passion, energy and team spirit.  Our european Team was the epitomy of this, hard work, and team spirit. 

If indeed, Hoolahan and Clingan have opted to leave and do so, we are best shot of them (and I really like Clingan) but what is the point of a player being here, who will hold the fact that they are better than everybody else.  It destroys morale within the squad and an excellent morale is key next season.  This is why I am going to be behind the new regime from the first whistle next season, because it will be the team on which I judge their effectiveness.  This does not in any way support the board (as I claimed my rebate) but shows support for a great man in Bryan Gunn, a man who has put his reputation and his balls on the block for this club.

Norwich City will prosper next season, have cleared out the egotists.  By prosper I do not neccessarily mean promotion, but we will have our own squad consisting of Academy players (which is a far cry from the has beens and journeymen since 2004) we will have an excellent team spirit and grind out positive results both home and away and when we do take to the field of Championship once again, we will be playing a brand of football capable of competing in top six.  We will also be back within an achieveable wage budget.   I just think this perhaps needed to happen to shake a few 1000 from delusions of grandure.

On a personal note it is a very tense time for those working at Carrow Road on the non playing staff, so on the note of talking about spending 300k here and 100 k there, alot of innocent people are a about to learn their fate as a result of relegation.  Unfortunately these people cannot control events on the field, but are the first in line to go when decisions have to be made.  It is worth remembering that a football club is not just about playing staff.  So if any rats to have deserted the ship read this message, your failure to put in effort last year is about to put hundreds of innocent people out of a job, proud are you."

The players were 100% behind Roeder - not sure what he''s on about in that respect. You''ll go a long way before you find any player at any of his clubs who has a bad word to say about him. And to say Croft was either disinterested or not good enough ??Eagle was good enough, better than Drury IMO

Yes, I''m sure Simon Lappin, Chris Martin and Michael Spillane were 100% behind Roeder. I suspect they would all say bad words about him and they are not far away at all. And Alan Shearer is on record as saying that Roeder couldn''t cope with the big players at Newcastle and was out of his depth.

If you are going to make stuff up, at least make it credible.

I agree that Croft was good enough, and I think he will regret leaving us for Derby.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

Yes, I''m sure Simon Lappin, Chris Martin and Michael Spillane were 100% behind Roeder.

[/quote]Hucks thought he was great too [;)]

[quote user="sgncfc"]

Yes, I''m sure Simon Lappin, Chris Martin and Michael Spillane were 100% behind Roeder. I suspect they would all say bad words about him and they are not far away at all. And Alan Shearer is on record as saying that Roeder couldn''t cope with the big players at Newcastle and was out of his depth.

[/quote]Maybe but they''ve said nothing - unusual for Martin. And dont forget, Roede was right about all of themAs for giving Shearer credit for having a brain, here''s a few more of his quotes

One accusation you can''t throw at me is that I''ve always done my best. Alan Shearer quote I''ve never wanted to leave. I''m here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well [on Newcastle] Alan Shearer quote

What about Cureton ?  The stand-up routine Roeder did for the local media about Curetons golden goal award seemed to be the pre-cursor for his massive goal-drought, a drought that only ended when he was moved out on loan.

Eagle was good enough, better than Drury IMO

Thats simply wrong...........different opinions and all that but Eagle will be playing for Wroxham/Leiston by next season. Too small , too slow , s##t hair.