Sign in to follow this  
yellowarmy

Nelson Poised For Switch To Noriwch

Not sure how I feel about this one to be honest, the ''Pool fans didn''t seem to be too upset to see him go, many described him as clumsy with poor distribution. From that he sounds like a poor mans Doc! Oh well I guess time will tell and at least he is a free.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Not sure how I feel about this one to be honest, the ''Pool fans didn''t seem to be too upset to see him go, many described him as clumsy with poor distribution. From that he sounds like a poor mans Doc![/quote]It''s always handy to have a spare Doc when the Doc is suspended.

Saw this on wikipediaMicheal Nelson was close to agreeing a 175,000 GBP move to Leicester

City as of 16/01/2009, however Leeds United are now thought to have

agreed a fee with Hartlepool and sources close to the player suggest he

would be more inclined to make the shorter commute to Elland Road from

his North East home.

If you were a Derby fan looking into Croft on this forum you wouldn''t find too many compliments about him on here at the moment but most of us would have him back given half a chance. I take the Hartlepool fans comments with a pinch of salt.

I think we''ve now got very good defensive options if this is true. 3 good expierienced CB''s while you''ve got Spillane who can do a job and is still young. Not bad IMO.

[quote user="Facebook Sam"]Think he will do a very good job for us next season and we need to replace Doc so makes perfect sense[/quote]

Why do we need to replace Doc? Our best defender last season andhe will be again this season.

Sounds like we''ll be announcing this tomorrow. Good news!

I still think the Doc is good enough to get into most Champ defences and would not be surprised if we have already had some offers for him. 

Hope he stays, but would not begrudge him a move as he always gives 100%.

I''ll reserve judgement on Nelson until I see him play, just as I will for Gill and Jones. Butterworth gradually made the defence cut out more of the mistakes last season and whilst obviously it wasn''t enough to keep us up there was at least a bit of improvement. As I said in another thread about Gunn, as he gradually builds his team together Butterworth will hopefully continue his progress in strengthening at the back. From the majority of accounts I''ve heard Nelson would be an alright signing, not the most talented of players but solid enough. Working with Butterworth a second time can only be good for him and that was probably one of the main things that drew him to us. As another fellow stated, it''s another permanent body in our squad and somebody who does know his way around the league. That''s three players thus far who have joined us rather than being shipped out on loan and for the most part they come with good recommendations. Considering we have virtually no money and Gunn has little to no experience I think he''s doing a good job this summer.

Yeah, him turning down Scunthorpe could be a bit of spin hey? But, they may struggle in the Championship. I suppose he saw the facilities here, knew Butterworth and wanted to work with him again, and is under the illusion that we''ll be fighting to get promoted. Which I''m sure we will (he says with heart in mouth!)He was captain at Hartlepool, scored a few vital goals for them and he''s a brute. Let''s ask Jeff Stelling. I bet he''d have some insight!!