Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Press conference 11.30am

is it going to be streamed live over the internet?? or do we just have to wait for it to be posted on the main page.

Who could it be i think it might be more than one player, as we tied up the one from Butterworths old club yesterday.

Excellent news, albeit expected...What I''m finding hard to grasp about these new player signings - regardless of one''s thoughts on quality, price, etc - is that they''re not taking place in late August.... this is unusual.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Excellent news, albeit expected...

What I''m finding hard to grasp about these new player signings - regardless of one''s thoughts on quality, price, etc - is that they''re not taking place in late August.... this is unusual.
[/quote]

Maybe - just maybe - the manager knows what he wants this year!!

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Excellent news, albeit expected...What I''m finding hard to grasp about these new player signings - regardless of one''s thoughts on quality, price, etc - is that they''re not taking place in late August.... this is unusual.[/quote]

[/quote]I wonder how many of these signings were being tracked last season?  Couldn''t comment on whether that''s due to planning for League 1 or due to going back to basics for some raw talent, but its nice to see us getting a move on for a change! Let''s hope we don''t lose momentum now............

What I''m finding hard to grasp about these new player signings - regardless of one''s thoughts on quality, price, etc - is that they''re not taking place in late August.... this is unusual.
[/quote]

Unusual to get a Press Conference after last year.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I wonder how many of these signings were being tracked last season?  Couldn''t comment on whether that''s due to planning for League 1 or due to going back to basics for some raw talent, but its nice to see us getting a move on for a change! Let''s hope we don''t lose momentum now............
[/quote]

I agree it is unusual for us.

Don`t most player contracts run til June 30Th? that is the usual excuse !

[quote user="Iwan is God"]It''s a shame we already know it''s Nelson... It would be great if there was another signing too![/quote]I''ll just bookmark this, you never know[;)]

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Excellent news, albeit expected...What I''m finding hard to grasp about these new player signings - regardless of one''s thoughts on quality, price, etc - is that they''re not taking place in late August.... this is unusual.[/quote]

[/quote]I wonder how many of these signings were being tracked last season?  Couldn''t comment on whether that''s due to planning for League 1 or due to going back to basics for some raw talent, but its nice to see us getting a move on for a change! Let''s hope we don''t lose momentum now............[/quote]

I agree it is unusual for us.

Don`t most player contracts run til June 30Th? that is the usual excuse !

[/quote]It seems that a few singings are happening early doors this season as teams are keen to get players off their books to save a bit of cash.  No point having a player being paid until the end of June if they are not hanging about I suppose.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Or maybe the signings are early to allow more time for pre-season training as a team?[/quote]

How dare you suggest such a thing [:O]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Just intercepted this text from Worthington to Gunn...

" What are you doing?  Surely you know the situation?  Nobody does business in June"

[/quote]

LMAO  [Y]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Or maybe the signings are early to allow more time for pre-season training as a team?[/quote]

That''ll make a change mate.[Y]

[quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry about that, is it 100 lines or 200 lines of ''I shall not make stupid suggestions on the pink un'' ???[:D]

So that''ll be 3 players for £250,000 combined, bargain, like buying a happy meal and finding an extra burger!

[:P]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

That''ll make a change mate.[Y]

[/quote]

lol yes but then again one or two things have happened that have been quite positive, so just trying to play devils advocate hehehehe [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

I''m sorry about that, is it 100 lines or 200 lines of ''I shall not make stupid suggestions on the pink un'' ???[:D]

[/quote]

" I shall not make any suggestions that may give the impression that the management team MIGHT have a plan"

50 will be enough !!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Is it not two players SDP?[;)][/quote]A little known Scottish player..........Simon Lappin!!!!!!

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

" I shall not make any suggestions that may give the impression that the management team MIGHT have a plan"

50 will be enough !!

[/quote]

Blimey 50, that''s lenient lol