Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Could Nelson finally be that 'BULLY' we have needed.

I can''t help but think that we have needed a bullying center half for seasons now.

Is Nelson a defender in this mould? Certainly looks the part.

[quote user="we8wba"]rather have johnny nelson[/quote]

I''m sure if you send him a photo of yourself, he may oblige

We need a bully - yet doc is a liability for being all over strikers?!?!?!?

Good to have some cover - but if stef or doc leave (peterborough interested in the ginge pele I hear) we will need yet another one in the squad. 

So with defensive options of:left:DruryLappin (probably)Centre:DochertyStefanovicSpillaneNelsonRight:OtsemeborSpillaneDaley

For league one thats looking ok to me???

Just need a bloody great centre forward and a speedy winger now.....

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Good to have some cover - but if stef or doc leave (peterborough interested in the ginge pele I hear) we will need yet another one in the squad. 

[/quote]

The thing is Doc doesn''t strike fear into strikers, he makes them think ''I could get a free kick / penalty off this guy''. I''m talking about the bruising kind that does it without using their hands!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Are they really?  If somebody is silly enough to pay money for the Doc then we should rip their arm off.

I know it is not fashionable for Smudger to have something positive to say about a new signing, but I think that Nelson is the best signing that we have made this summer and am sure that given the circumstances we would not be likely to find any better out there.

It is good to see that he chipped in by scoring 16 goals from centre-half for Hartlepool.

Fingers crossed that he will get his chance and take it.

I would give him a run out alongside Stefanovic unless we bring another centre-half in and see how he gets on.

With 3 x free transfer so far I should hope that there is a reasonable bit of money there for a proven quality striker.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Are they really?  If somebody is silly enough to pay money for the Doc then we should rip their arm off.

I know it is not fashionable for Smudger to have something positive to say about a new signing, but I think that Nelson is the best signing that we have made this summer and am sure that given the circumstances we would not be likely to find any better out there.

It is good to see that he chipped in by scoring 16 goals from centre-half for Hartlepool.

I would give him a run out alongside Stefanovic unless we bring another centre-half in and see how he gets on.

With 3 x free transfer so far I should hope that there is a reasonable bit of money there for a proven quality striker.

[/quote][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you feeling ok?

[quote user="Destort"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you feeling ok?

[/quote]

Yes thanks... [:D]

Am I not allowed to think that a free transfer from little Hartlepool may make a very useful addition to our squad???

Don''t worry, it doesn''t make me think that everything in the Carrow Road garden is blossoming in to a beautiful bloom for next May just yet.

That is one signing from 3... the other two I like you will have to wait and see, but they don''t exactly fill with too much hope that they will be any better than what is going out of the exit door.

Nelson on the other hand I believe may prove to be an improvement on what we already have at the club.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Am I not allowed to think that a free transfer from little Hartlepool may make a very useful addition to our squad???

[/quote]

He is a good addition to the squad but no more than that. In essence he is nothing but a poor quality doc,  so I find that anyone who accepts him as a decent signing that will help as become promotion condidates and a sign of ambition are clearly board apologists [;)]

[quote user="Destort"]

I can''t help but think that we have needed a bullying center half for seasons now.

[/quote]

Yeah... with one eye and an arm missing...

Great.

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

Great.

[/quote]

I''m sure someone somewhere will find these Michael Nelson/Lord Nelson jokes funny...

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

Great.

[/quote]

I''m sure someone somewhere will find these Michael Nelson/Lord Nelson jokes funny...

[/quote]

Yeah.....''Kiss me, Hardy''...."Kiss yer wot?"

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

Great.

[/quote]Arent you precious?[^o)]

Gonna sell some shirts though.... England Expects and all that.....

[quote user="ACE"]So with defensive options of:

left:
Drury
Lappin (probably)

Centre:
Docherty
Stefanovic
Spillane
Nelson

Right:
Otsemebor
Spillane
DALEY

For league one thats looking ok to me???

Just need a bloody great centre forward and a speedy winger now.....

[/quote]
correct me if im wrong but daley is either a centre forward or a right winger.. not a defensive option!