Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Alan Lee...

I know that his may have already been covered in another post but...

Is Alan Lee really what we want when we are meant to be re-building our team? Yeah before you say it I know that he was one of the only people that put any effort in last season and showed grit and determination but seriously? Effort doesn''t win matches, goals do. As a striker that is his job and he looked about as capable as curo at doin it! For the reported £750,000 that  we may have to pay for him surely there are younger, hungrier and more capable (at scoring) targetmen out there that would leap at the chance to pay for Norwich, whatever league we''re in!?

Fair point, althogh I disagree, I think he''s exactly what we need...but £750,000!!! There''s no way we''ll pay that. Possibly £250-300K but no more.

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]

I know that his may have already been covered in another post but...

Is Alan Lee really what we want when we are meant to be re-building our team? Yeah before you say it I know that he was one of the only people that put any effort in last season and showed grit and determination but seriously? Effort doesn''t win matches, goals do. As a striker that is his job and he looked about as capable as curo at doin it! For the reported £750,000 that  we may have to pay for him surely there are younger, hungrier and more capable (at scoring) targetmen out there that would leap at the chance to pay for Norwich, whatever league we''re in!?

[/quote]I think he''s just who we need at this level, Leicester bought Steve Howard to get them out of this league and Lee would be our equivalent, he would battle hard and bring his strike partners in to the game

And what''s more he has stated on more than one occasion that he ''''wants'''' to play for us, imagine that, a player who ''''wants'''' to wear the shirt and have some passion whilst doing it.  I would be happy if he came back to CR.

I wasn''t actually that impressed with him to be honest. Think people are being too easily swayed by his ''commitment'' (or being a bit of a nasty bugger in other words) and the fact that he''s said he wants to stay in the area. Having said that though are we likely to get anyone who''s much better?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Having said that though are we likely to get anyone who''s much better?[/quote]

My thoughts entirely.

Decent target men are very hard to come by - and in Lee we have one we know isn''t particularly blessed with great technical ability, but does at least, give 110% and knows where the net is. Unless we can get someone better for the money, I''d have him any day.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Alan Lee would do a good job for us in League 1 but £750,000 is a lot for one of his age and coming of the back of a poor season for him![/quote]He cost Palace about £660K and they have hardly used him. His value can only have gone down, especially if he''s moving down a division. Plus he''s not getting any younger - he''ll be 31 in August

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I wasn''t actually that impressed with him to be honest. Think people are being too easily swayed by his ''commitment'' (or being a bit of a nasty bugger in other words) and the fact that he''s said he wants to stay in the area. Having said that though are we likely to get anyone who''s much better?[/quote]

I wasn''t actually that impressed with Mr Gunn''s tenure as temporary manager -  his arms folded and mute silence on the touchline - and displaying body language of a ''I don''t actually have a clue what to do'' individual.

And as for his post match interviews and blaming refs etc? .....But, he bleeds ''yeller an'' green'' and would probably also die his hair half of each colour (if he had any)...He''s Mr Norwich City and wants to stay in the area....Having said that though, I thought it may have been likely that we''d have got someone who was much better.....y''know, like a proper manager?

But hey.....he''s seriously committed.....and if it all falls flat again for Gunny - Gossy and Mike Milligan can then have a go.  

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I wasn''t actually that impressed with him to be honest. Think people are being too easily swayed by his ''commitment'' (or being a bit of a nasty bugger in other words) and the fact that he''s said he wants to stay in the area. Having said that though are we likely to get anyone who''s much better?[/quote]

I wasn''t actually that impressed with Mr Gunn''s tenure as temporary manager -  his arms folded and mute silence on the touchline - and displaying body language of a ''I don''t actually have a clue what to do'' individual.

And as for his post match interviews and blaming refs etc? .....But, he bleeds ''yeller an'' green'' and would probably also die his hair half of each colour (if he had any)...He''s Mr Norwich City and wants to stay in the area....Having said that though, I thought it may have been likely that we''d have got someone who was much better.....y''know, like a proper manager?

But hey.....he''s seriously committed.....and if it all falls flat again for Gunny - Gossy and Mike Milligan can then have a go.  

[/quote]I''d agree with that assessment of Gunn Mello, but isn''t this a thread about Alan Lee ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I''d agree with that assessment of Gunn Mello, but isn''t this a thread about Alan Lee ?
[/quote]

Yes it is.....how acutely observant of you....It''s me just picking up on the similarities between Lee and Gunn....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I''d agree with that assessment of Gunn Mello, but isn''t this a thread about Alan Lee ?
[/quote]

Yes it is.....how acutely observant of you....It''s me just picking up on the similarities between Lee and Gunn....

[/quote]

No, it''s you discussing the only subject you seem capable of having an opinion on. It''s like Blackpool fans, beating that bloody drum. It gets so boring after a while.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Fair point, althogh I disagree, I think he''s exactly what we need...but £750,000!!! There''s no way we''ll pay that. Possibly £250-300K but no more.
[/quote]

but its hard when neil warnock is such a tight wanker

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, it''s you discussing the only subject you seem capable of having an opinion on. It''s like Blackpool fans, beating that bloody drum. It gets so boring after a while.

[/quote]

Yes, and when I see your name on a post - I don''t have to be psychic to know what you''re going to chunter on about...Same, same...

and, I do personally find you one of the more incessantly boring dullards on this forum...But, I feel that your bleat warranted a courteous reply.

So, we are probably alike....but with alternative opinion....If you don''t like it - don''t read or reply to it....Simples.

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Don''t Get The Big Fuss Over Alan Lee. He Wasn''t That Good To Be Fair.[/quote]

*cries*

Please stop it!