Sign in to follow this  
McNamees attitude

Millwall Hooligans-Just how bad are they???

Hey, Milwall away is just a day after my 18th and I was thinking of going with a mate. However, I''ve heard loads of stuff about how bad their fans are and a lot of my other mates and family members think I''ll be crazy if I go. I know it sounds silly but just how violent are their fans and even if I keep quiet what is likely to happen should the worst occur? Would really appreciate if I could hear some of your opinions.

Many thanks.

Keep yourself to yourself - have a fun day out and the chances of anything happening are highly unlikely.  Like anywhere else, go looking for trouble and you will find it.

long as you keep your mouth shut outside you should be okay. i was there when we lost 4-0 a few years ago and they still wanted a scrap if you were trappy like a couple if kids next to me walking back to the train station.

yes its hardly a family club but there are not riots every match (just every other!! lol)

Cheers Andy, I''ve had no problems at any other away games (Or home games for that matter!) but Millwall does seem a bit nerve-wracking. I''ll bear that in mind should I decide to go.[Y]

they''re not as bad as they used to be. However like some of the posters said above, just use common sense, if you keep your head down you should be okay. Every club has its lot who look for trouble... Even little old us believe it or not! I have to say the New Den is a real disapppointment now... Rarely full and very quiet fans... Last time I saw them play was last season against Colchester. It was only when Colchester scored that they started to make any noise... And that was in the 83rd minute! As a side I was amazed they did as well as they did last season. Very average. Key players for them would be whithead and Alexander... the rest are very average. Good Manager though... Should be managing a decent championship side soon.

sorry i meant Whitbread... Whitehead was my old doctor when i lived on dereham road in Norwich... maybe i need to go back to him... seems ye olde memory is going... uh oh...  I am only 26!

Having been to the Old Den a few times and the New Den once it has to be said it is not a nice experience.The last time i went was the first game of the play off season and they stuffed us 4-0.After the game travelling by tube back to Liverpool St you thought by their aggressive manner and intimidation that we just just won 4-0! Nobody in our group were wearing colours but were soon sussed out.

Advice is lads.....stay away and let your mums'' not worry.

When i went to watch leicester play at the den last season, Millwall fans were very well behaved and some good banter between the fans and was a very enjoyable day. The media today over exagerate their bad behaviour, the slightest thing they do wrong, it will get portrayed as if they killed 500 people (i.e when they played leeds at the den in the play off semi, they did fvck all wrong tbh), they obviously have several bad fans, but they are in very few numbers and i''m sure you will be fine and would need to provoke them to have any problem, they wont just start on you. Have a good season, looking very promising with your signings so far! Good luck!

[quote user="The Chirp"]sorry i meant Whitbread... Whitehead was my old doctor when i lived on dereham road in Norwich... maybe i need to go back to him... seems ye olde memory is going... uh oh...  I am only 26!
[/quote]

Didnt he get struck off for something serious? may be thinking about someone else.

In my opinion West Ham, Spurs and Chelsea have always been just as bad as Millwall.

Londoners have been telling me that the Yids are the wost these days anyway.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

In my opinion West Ham, Spurs and Chelsea have always been just as bad as Millwall.

[/quote]

Hardly any team''s fans are ''bad'' anymore. Millwall looks good by the way william, swindon 4 days before my 18th!

when theo Paphitis owned Millwall and he took them to the cup final and Europe he was interviewd on footy focus saying how the club had taken steps to remove the unsavourys who were Tarnishing the clubs name...

I went to Millwall in the promotion season and it was a good day out to be fair. not 1 bit of hassle from their fans and lookin around the stadium it appears that Millwall are slowly becoming the family club that Paphitis was aiming for 5 years ago.

good luck to em i say.

jas :)

One of my cousins is a Millwall fan.He''s a vegetarian butcher if that helps?

[quote user="LQ"]One of my cousins is a Millwall fan.

He''s a vegetarian butcher if that helps?

[/quote]

whats that got to do with anything rofl?

The new Den is a real interesting visit. Equal height 4 sided two tier stadium creates a great noise inside and the walk from tube or train under rail arches and through wasteland is a bit jumpy. Keep a sensible head on your shoulders, and leave the gob at home. Avoid the boozers between London Bridge and the ground and don''t mistake the massive trash incinerator next door for the ground and you''ll have a good day. Worth a trip - just keep the birthday bevvies in check til you''re back in the middle of town.

PS I think it was an early fixture for us last time I went (may even have been mach 1 of the season. They''d just come up and the atmosphere was ace. We were proper noisy too but it didn''t help a jot as the boys rolled over 4 - 0. Hope we do better this time!

[quote user="MCWILL"]

Hey, Milwall away is just a day after my 18th and I was thinking of going with a mate. However, I''ve heard loads of stuff about how bad their fans are and a lot of my other mates and family members think I''ll be crazy if I go. I know it sounds silly but just how violent are their fans and even if I keep quiet what is likely to happen should the worst occur? Would really appreciate if I could hear some of your opinions.

Many thanks.

[/quote]

I guess them cutting your balls off would be pretty nasty

Cheers for the advice people! Still a while away and got ages to think about it but I''ll take in to account everything you''ve posted. And canarytom, u haven''t half made me chuckle!

Until recently I worked for London underground and have worked many matchdays at Surrey Quays station, they are not as bad as people make out but as many here have said keep your gob shut and don''t be drawn into confrontation. They will view us a big scalp and will be out in numbers. DON''T!!!!! drink in any of the local pubs, if you want a pre match pint get it well away from the ground and preferably the other side of the river. I you look like you want trouble you WILL get it.Having said that, I will be there and will be meeting friends who are Millwall fans so my pre match pint will be close to the ground in one of the pubs I used to go in after  work where the staff know me as well.[:P] Should blend in nicely.[H]

I personally dont think its as bad anymore as what it used to be. I want to go to see if its really that bad but really I think as long as you stay around the ground where there are police and dont go into any dodgy allies you shouldnt encounter any problems. Dont know if its true but someone has told me that on the coaches they just stop outside the ground and the plods just tell you to go straight into the ground

[quote user="MCWILL"]

Many thanks.

[/quote]you are joking?not very clued up for going on 18.

[quote user="ryan1992"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

Hardly any team''s fans are ''bad'' anymore. Millwall looks good by the way william, swindon 4 days before my 18th!

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHC1NEcfV0&feature=related

Of course not mate, all angels these days.