Sign in to follow this  
Rich T (no not the biscuit!!)

Question re Smudger??

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve met him on more than one occasion and think he''s an ok guy. He''s passionate about the club, doesn''t suffer fools gladly, has always been consistant, realises what is wrong with the club and wants to do something about it.

If only we all had just half of his determination!

[/quote]

CA - I have long had a deep respect for you for what you have to say and how you conduct yourself on here.

However I really have to disagree with what you say this time. I would strongly argue a case against Smudger being consistant - he is anything but in my opinion.

If you collate all of his posts he seems to contradict himself many times.

I could stand outside saying that it will rain and refusing to move until it does (it is sunny at the moment). I know that it may not rain for days or even weeks (if we are lucky) but I know that if I stand outside long enough it will happen.

Every single club has its ups and downs and if you look at NCFC we are no different. Since 1998/ish we have been opperating on the same sort of money on average - we only ever progressed when we had strong capable managers. When we had weak managers we struggled to stay in this division. After Worthington it was enevitable that if we appointed a weak manager we would be looking at possible relegation so to say that he has been consistant is a bit far fetched.

Not to mention that he comes on here states his opinion and then when people want to discuss it he disapears or simple slags them off.

I still try and maintain a sense of dignaty with Smudger and try to encourage him to expand on his opinions and get him to articulate his theories etc better but I think sometimes it is purely his attitude that strikes people as off more than anything else.

Passionate does not mean aggressive. You could be passionate about world peace but it does not mean you go around verbally abusing people who do not agree with you.
[/quote]

Maybe you could articulate your theories slightly better my littlle Chick Pea??? [:$]

[/quote]

You would make a truely fantastic politician.

Infamy,infamy, they''ve all got it infamy!!!

I think some just want you to bite Smudger because you have strong opinions and fight your corner,just sit back and let them get on with it!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Maybe you could articulate your theories slightly better my littlle Chick Pea??? [:$]

[/quote]You had a chance to stand up for your opinion there Smudger old chap, but you''d rather play english teacher.

I''ve decided to adopt Smudger''s modus operandi and can quite categorically state that I will leave no stone unturned until the chairman of Wrexham FC (whoever that might be) has been driven from the club I''ve now arbitrarily decided that I "love". Now all I''ve got to do is find a NE  Wales based football forum which I can bombard with monotonous regularity with my strongly held view - those simpletons who regularly go the Racecourse Ground are moroninc fools who are responsible for their clubs demise. I hate them and hope they lose their derby matches for ever more against bitter local rivals (?? does anybody know who that might be?).

I will never go to the Racecourse Ground with the present board sacks itself! [Obviously, I haven''t really thought out what the steps following that might be o rtheir ramification, buy hey ho!]

I''m not Welsh, have no tangible link to Wrexham and some may see my stance as a tad illogical. But I love this  club (pause while I dab tear stained cheeks with a damp hanky) and it just makes me so ANGRY that no one feels as strongly as I do.

So who''s going to join my boycott of Wrexham?

Major

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Rich T no not the biscuit"]I''m really not having a go at him, guess I''m wondering why someone which so much to say and so much "passion" for things isn''t doing more about it in a positive way, we can all have a moan on here but if he feels that strongly about stuff, get yourself on one of the support groups and make something good from all of this pent up frustrations (was gonna use the word aggression again but don''t want to get accused of slagging him off again!)[/quote]

Who says I am not involved in any way with one of the support groups? [:O]

NCISA are very aware of my feelings and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that I may ask to become more involved with them.

I have been impressed with the work NCISA have done so far this summer and they are aware of that.

I wanted NCISA to act a very long time ago and they are also well aware of that too.

I am happy to keep in the background and influence in small ways, as I guess a lot of you could well be right that there are many who would not follow a cause that they believe in just because an individual they have never met before, who they don''t like is invovlved.  Again I find that very small minded... there are many posters who I have had very heated debates with on here who probably would not of given me the time of day a couple of years ago who now think an awful lot of me.  They have met me in the flesh, they have realised what I was saying was right and they have also realised that I have taken a barrage of abuse in the process of driving some of these points home to people.

I was in a pub on the bank holiday at the end of May and somebody I had never met before came up to me and said "you are Smudger aren''t you" and proceeded to shake my hand.  He had been sat near me at St Andrews Hall.  I think the myth that everybody thinks Smudger is a joke should die, because many people have seen that he is no joke and there are an awful lot of people out there who have a lot of time for him.

Did you lot know that I sat next to dear old Lapps at St Andrews and that I have shared many drinks with him in the City towards the back end of last season?

Still he likes to claim that I am a Leicester fan on here... rather peculiar that wouldn''t you say?

Those who continue to play the SMUDGER is a joke card make themselves look very foolish indeed.

[/quote]The problem I have with this is that you seem to assume that your voice carries more weight than anyone elses - that you could walk into an NCISA meeting and suddenly become one of the most respected and well backed people there.To me it seems you want to be some sort of leader but you have no prescense, no way with words with which to inspire people to act and support you. Strangely it seems from what you say on here that you believe you have all of this already.I expect you to say you have organised protests of ten or so people etc etc etc but to be honest it means nothing. I run a football team and whilst I am proud to do so I recognise that all I am doing for the guys is providing them with the facility to come and play football. It hasn''t been that difficult to assemble a squad of around 15/16 players.Its a bit disapointing that you don''t generalise some of your views because if you did you would get more support. Many of us on here want change but want it respectfully conducted and not some mad witch hunt.For example you want the board out - although a lot of the time it seems when you say board you mean Delia and Micheal. Recently you have stated you want Gunn out too. I have suggested that this is a waste of time and had no response. Gunn is well respected by most fans and although some remain of the opinion that he should not have taken on the job so far, I still think they regard him as being incredibly loyal to the club and the badge - not nessisarily the owners. In the war you are trying to fight Gunn is merely a low ranking officer. If you want the war to end quickly you need to go for the top. Stay focused and stay consistant. Suggest Gunn is a poor appointment if that is what you believe, and use it as evidence to highlight why the board lacks in any ambition - but don''t get carried away with a small campaign against him or any of the players he has signed. The reason we sign those players and have him as manager is down to the board appointing two shockingly poor managers and providing no money to the good managers we have had.If you said that, kept it that simple without any insults to posters on here and those you wish to dippose then you would have support in droves.Unfortunately because of the picture you have painted of yourself on here I doubt many people will be flocking behind your cause in the near or distant future. I think the most you can hope for is to assist those already planning campaigns and not to lead one yourself.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="lappititup"]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright![/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"]He has of course met me in the flesh many times, but prefers to keep calling me a Leicester fan on here.[/quote]

So the only thing you object to in that list is the bit about being from Leicester ?
[/quote]

No every single one of the comments is false with the exception of "administration"

Why, because with the many clowns like you that we have about, it is the only way that we are going to get shot of the cook and the only way that NCFC will start to move onwards and upwards once more.

[/quote]

I''m not an accountant, but I don''t think you have to be an accountant to realise that the administration of a community-based football club is a bad thing.  A lot of local businesses would lose money as a result, some might even go out of business themselves.  People would lose their jobs (it seems that this will happen as a result of relegation anyway...).  Someone like Price Waterhouse or KPMG would be appointed to try to get the best deal for the creditors - we would end up selling any decent players left and would be unable to buy anyone in.  Regardless of what you think of this weeks signings they are better than the alternative that admin would provide - effectively an academy outfit playing in league 1.

People who have a better idea of these things than me say on here that administration is also highly unlikely because of the assets the company owns.  While the club is able to pay off its'' debts, admin won''t happen.  And the ability to do that is in the hands of the people you want to remove, they have paid in several million over the years to keep the club ticking over.  So what you want won''t occur - it''s catch 22.
[/quote]

So what (it''s a cutthroat world out there)?

Better than Norwich City going out of business and never finding a buyer because you lot and Delia have ruined it to such a degree surely?

We don''t have any decent players left.  Oh who was the last player that we spent significant money on and how big is our player budget for the current season? 

If it is so highly unlikely then why were they begging for the fans to bail them out yet again in the paper the other day???

You really are a clueless idiot aren''t you??? [:$]

[/quote]You had a chance to stand up for your opinion there Smudger old chap, but you''d rather play english teacher.[/quote]With an incorrectly spelled word!You couldn''t make it up...

[quote]. I hate them and hope they lose their derby matches for ever

more against bitter local rivals (?? does anybody know who that might

be?).[/quote]I think it''s a toss up between Colwyn Bay or Bangor City.  Or possibly even Tranmere Rovers... No, sorry, closest club to them seems to be Chester City.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Better than Norwich City going out of business and never finding a buyer because you lot and Delia have ruined it to such a degree surely?

We don''t have any decent players left.  Oh who was the last player that we spent significant money on and how big is our player budget for the current season? 

If it is so highly unlikely then why were they begging for the fans to bail them out yet again in the paper the other day???

[/quote]Why do you insult people that don''t agree with you?The problem you have is that you refuse to accept the good players we have had sign for us when actually they would be a better argument point than denying their quality in the first place.For example we signed several good players who had buy out clauses in their contracts which meant we lost them without a choice leaving us short handed. This money was then not re-invested into the squad until we had appointed an untried manager who then squandered the money they gave to him which they had not given to the manager that raised the funds.Stay on track, stay focused and you may actually get somewhere. Arguing over a player''s quality will get you no where. Insulting supporters who may agree with the overall aim but not your opinions will only serve to undermine any campaign or protest you wish to eventually be a part of.

Smudger, you''re a director - surely the last thing you would want is for your own company to go into administration.And besides which, as usual - you are missing the point.  The club will not go into administration.  They will budget for league 1.  Which means they will survive in league 1.  For however long it takes...[quote]Oh who was the last player that we spent significant money on[/quote]Dejan Stefanovic is my guess.[quote]and how big is our player budget for the current season? [/quote]...ask me next year when the accounts for this season become available...Very few players below the Premiership actually get sold for a sizeable fee, most transfers recently have been bosmans or loans.[quote]You really are a clueless idiot aren''t you???[/quote]Finally - some recognition....

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve met him on more than one occasion and think he''s an ok guy. He''s passionate about the club, doesn''t suffer fools gladly, has always been consistant, realises what is wrong with the club and wants to do something about it.

[/quote]

CA - I have long had a deep respect for you for what you have to say and how you conduct yourself on here.

However I really have to disagree with what you say this time. I would strongly argue a case against Smudger being consistant - he is anything but in my opinion.

I could stand outside saying that it will rain and refusing to move until it does (it is sunny at the moment). I know that it may not rain for days or even weeks (if we are lucky) but I know that if I stand outside long enough it will happen.

Every single club has its ups and downs and if you look at NCFC we are no different. Since 1998/ish we have been opperating on the same sort of money on average - we only ever progressed when we had strong capable managers. When we had weak managers we struggled to stay in this division. After Worthington it was enevitable that if we appointed a weak manager we would be looking at possible relegation so to say that he has been consistant is a bit far fetched.

Not to mention that he comes on here states his opinion and then when people want to discuss it he disapears or simple slags them off.

I still try and maintain a sense of dignaty with Smudger and try to encourage him to expand on his opinions and get him to articulate his theories etc better but I think sometimes it is purely his attitude that strikes people as off more than anything else.

Passionate does not mean aggressive. You could be passionate about world peace but it does not mean you go around verbally abusing people who do not agree with you.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really, I missed at least two myself... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really the point I was trying to make....

You dodged the entire content of the post andinstead went for some spelling mistakes. Strong arguement.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Smudger, you''re a director - surely the last thing you would want is for your own company to go into administration.

And besides which, as usual - you are missing the point.  The club will not go into administration.  They will budget for league 1.  Which means they will survive in league 1.  For however long it takes...

[quote]Oh who was the last player that we spent significant money on[/quote]

Dejan Stefanovic is my guess.

[quote]and how big is our player budget for the current season? [/quote]

...ask me next year when the accounts for this season become available...

Very few players below the Premiership actually get sold for a sizeable fee, most transfers recently have been bosmans or loans.

[quote]You really are a clueless idiot aren''t you???[/quote]

Finally - some recognition....
[/quote]

oh would I???

Really??? [:#]

Wasn''t Stefanovic a free transfer?

I will tell you now that our player budget is nothing... same as it has been for the last few years (since relegation infact)... players sold minus the boards little cut with approx one third invested back in the team if we are lucky counts as a negative player buget in my eyes... It has pretty much always been the way.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Smudger, you''re a director - surely the last thing you would want is for your own company to go into administration.

And besides which, as usual - you are missing the point.  The club will not go into administration.  They will budget for league 1.  Which means they will survive in league 1.  For however long it takes...

[quote]Oh who was the last player that we spent significant money on[/quote]

Dejan Stefanovic is my guess.

[quote]and how big is our player budget for the current season? [/quote]

...ask me next year when the accounts for this season become available...

Very few players below the Premiership actually get sold for a sizeable fee, most transfers recently have been bosmans or loans.

[quote]You really are a clueless idiot aren''t you???[/quote]

Finally - some recognition....
[/quote]

oh would I???

Really??? [:#]

Wasn''t Stefanovic a free transfer?

I will tell you now that our player budget is nothing... same as it has been for the last few years (since relegation infact)... players sold minus the boards little cut with approx one third invested back in the team if we are lucky counts as a negative player buget in my eyes... It has pretty much always been the way.

[/quote]

Make that BUDGET... there is me taking the pee out of my little Chick Pea and then I go and put a bleedin typo in the very next post... [H]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Make that BUDGET... there is me taking the pee out of my little Chick Pea and then I go and put a bleedin typo in the very next post... [H]

[/quote]You also made one in the post you mention.Tool.

[quote]Wasn''t Stefanovic a free transfer?[/quote]My understanding was that he was signed for an undisclosed fee, as is the fashion these days.  Most of the cost of ownership of a player comes in the wage packet anyway.[quote]I will tell you now that our player budget is nothing... same as it has

been for the last few years (since relegation infact)... players sold

minus the boards little cut with approx one third invested back in the

team if we are lucky counts as a negative player buget in my eyes... It

has pretty much always been the way.[/quote]That just isn''t true, and shows a total lack of understanding of football economics.  8.5 million last season on player wages and transfer fees as stated by Doomy.  Not spectacular, but not a budget for relegation in the Championship, more like mid-table.  It was on the pitch that we got relegated, not "in the shops"...

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Why do you insult people that don''t agree with you?

The problem you have is that you refuse to accept the good players we have had sign for us when actually they would be a better argument point than denying their quality in the first place.

For example we signed several good players who had buy out clauses in their contracts which meant we lost them without a choice leaving us short handed. This money was then not re-invested into the squad until we had appointed an untried manager who then squandered the money they gave to him which they had not given to the manager that raised the funds.

Stay on track, stay focused and you may actually get somewhere. Arguing over a player''s quality will get you no where. Insulting supporters who may agree with the overall aim but not your opinions will only serve to undermine any campaign or protest you wish to eventually be a part of.
[/quote]

Have I ever slagged off any of the good players we have signed?

Didn''t catch me ever slagging off Earnshaw or Etuhu.

I don''t think you will of ever seen me slagging off Clingan either (although he was no world beater).

Who else are you referring to above?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Wasn''t Stefanovic a free transfer?[/quote]

My understanding was that he was signed for an undisclosed fee, as is the fashion these days.  Most of the cost of ownership of a player comes in the wage packet anyway.

[quote]I will tell you now that our player budget is nothing... same as it has been for the last few years (since relegation infact)... players sold minus the boards little cut with approx one third invested back in the team if we are lucky counts as a negative player buget in my eyes... It has pretty much always been the way.[/quote]

That just isn''t true, and shows a total lack of understanding of football economics.  8.5 million last season on player wages and transfer fees as stated by Doomy.  Not spectacular, but not a budget for relegation in the Championship, more like mid-table.  It was on the pitch that we got relegated, not "in the shops"...
[/quote]

So you are trying to tell me that players going out should not be involved in Doomys calculations for players coming in each season?

Isn''t that the way business works?

Income verses expenditure???

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You also made one in the post you mention.

Tool.
[/quote]

Still hiding behind your computer Spanner??? [H]

It must be difficult facing the real world when you are a man of limited words and such an ugly tosser?

I am sorry Smudger for not meeting your spelling requirements. I think I do well for someone with dyslexia.However, rather unfortunately you seem to miss-understand the meaning of to ''articulate''.In this instance it does not refer to how well one''s spelling is but how well one is carrying their opinion and their feelings in an open discussion.In otherwords posters on here including myself have suggested that you are not able to carry yourself as well as you think in open discussion and from what I can see even try to avoid any type of discussion.In this instance you try to dismiss me from the discussion by miss-using language in the hope I wont bother any more. I am sure the spelling factor is rather a good find for you but unfortunately, as I said before, I am mildly dyslexic. I suppose I shouldn''t use that as an excuse and I don''t expect any sort of sympathy for it but yes you have found one of my weak points - well done, unfortunately it has nothing to do with the discussion we are having at the moment and so the points are lost.At no point have I criticised your spelling. So what you have done is opened up everyone else to question your own spelling and may I add grammer as well? Considering you are part of a printing company I would expect your''s to be immaculate incase anyone on here needed something to be printed.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really the point I was trying to make....

You dodged the entire content of the post andinstead went for some spelling mistakes. Strong arguement.

[/quote]

That is because reading my little Chick Peas posts are about as enthralling as a night out with his girlfriend no doubt (or come to think of it my Ex).

DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL

DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL

DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL

DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL

DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Wasn''t Stefanovic a free transfer?[/quote]My understanding was that he was signed for an undisclosed fee, as is the fashion these days.  Most of the cost of ownership of a player comes in the wage packet anyway.[quote]I will tell you now that our player budget is nothing... same as it has been for the last few years (since relegation infact)... players sold minus the boards little cut with approx one third invested back in the team if we are lucky counts as a negative player buget in my eyes... It has pretty much always been the way.[/quote]That just isn''t true, and shows a total lack of understanding of football economics.  8.5 million last season on player wages and transfer fees as stated by Doomy.  Not spectacular, but not a budget for relegation in the Championship, more like mid-table.  It was on the pitch that we got relegated, not "in the shops"...[/quote]

So you are trying to tell me that players going out should not be involved in Doomys calculations for players coming in each season?

[/quote]It''s not as simple as saying they bought him for x, so we can get him for y, as I said, when the wages dwarf the transfer fees you don''t get the whole picture by discussing just the fees, and the wages aren''t in the public domain.  I would agree that they should have backed Worthington with more money, but Grant and Roeder both appear to have had decent budgets for the division they were in.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]he is a NC supporter,[/quote]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright! [:S][/quote]

and how many of the above are actually facts Lapp??? [:$]

Never mind fella I am sure we will get to the root of your hidden agenda one day.

[/quote]

Why don''t you tell us Smudger?

Unfortunately this is a picture some posters have built up of you because you fail to expand on what you mean sometimes or loose any element of cool you have and resort to silly comments about sheep etc.

You have suggested and even supported the idea of administration claiming it would be the best way to get rid of the "board". In with this last season you suggested that the fastest route to administration would be relegation.

I even believe that on one occaision you admited to having lived in Leicester and being a Leicester fan as a youth.

That doesn''t change the here and now but you have criticised someone for stating things which you claim are not true.
[/quote]

I can assure you that I have never supported Leicester... keep making thing up though... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Kindly stop posting whole threads about me?

When I log on this means that when I type my name in the little box to bring up posts and threads I have been involved in... I have to scroll through about 5 pages plus of links to a thread which is nothing to do with football and just full of your sanctimonious sh*t.

Can we have a different part of the messageboard donated to dimwits who wish to post whole threads about other posters but which have nothing to do with football by any chance Pete?

I now realise that I have started yet another thread about me... can we put a lock on this one so it doesn''t go any further??? 

[/quote][IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq174/NCFC87/babycry.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Wasn''t Stefanovic a free transfer?[/quote]

My understanding was that he was signed for an undisclosed fee, as is the fashion these days.  Most of the cost of ownership of a player comes in the wage packet anyway.

[quote]I will tell you now that our player budget is nothing... same as it has been for the last few years (since relegation infact)... players sold minus the boards little cut with approx one third invested back in the team if we are lucky counts as a negative player buget in my eyes... It has pretty much always been the way.[/quote]

That just isn''t true, and shows a total lack of understanding of football economics.  8.5 million last season on player wages and transfer fees as stated by Doomy.  Not spectacular, but not a budget for relegation in the Championship, more like mid-table.  It was on the pitch that we got relegated, not "in the shops"...
[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not as simple as saying they bought him for x, so we can get him for y, as I said, when the wages dwarf the transfer fees you don''t get the whole picture by discussing just the fees, and the wages aren''t in the public domain.  I would agree that they should have backed Worthington with more money, but Grant and Roeder both appear to have had decent budgets for the division they were in.
[/quote]

Yes I agree with this post to some extent (the highlighted bit).

But Doomys figures never include, or are never offset against what we have coming in from player sales and the reduction in our wage bill through one of our highest earners being sold on).

When we sell a player then we nearly always bring somebody in to fill that said position on a similar wage or less than te person they are directly replacing.

As for Roeder being given enough money to spend, don''t make me laugh!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Why do you insult people that don''t agree with you?The problem you have is that you refuse to accept the good players we have had sign for us when actually they would be a better argument point than denying their quality in the first place.For example we signed several good players who had buy out clauses in their contracts which meant we lost them without a choice leaving us short handed. This money was then not re-invested into the squad until we had appointed an untried manager who then squandered the money they gave to him which they had not given to the manager that raised the funds.Stay on track, stay focused and you may actually get somewhere. Arguing over a player''s quality will get you no where. Insulting supporters who may agree with the overall aim but not your opinions will only serve to undermine any campaign or protest you wish to eventually be a part of.[/quote]

Have I ever slagged off any of the good players we have signed?

Didn''t catch me ever slagging off Earnshaw or Etuhu.

I don''t think you will of ever seen me slagging off Clingan either (although he was no world beater).

Who else are you referring to above?

[/quote]This only goes to confuse your point. And if you read what I have written I am merely trying to encourage you to back up your better claims in ways in which people are more likely to support you."We don''t have any decent players left.  Oh who was the last player that

we spent significant money on and how big is our player budget for the

current season?"This is what you originially said. There is a problem with this in that it some ways it contradicts itself. You ask who the last player was that we spent significant money on. Obvisously significance depends upon the league we are in - you don''t see many players signed in League One for more than a million because the clubs don''t have the money.Strangely you then say that you rate Sammy Clingan who cost us nothing as he was on a free which only goes to show that good players do not have to cost you large transfer fees - but we know that anyway (Huckerby, Clingan, Holt, Safri, Etuhu . . . . .).In answer to your question I should imagine we are looking at David Marshal. As for our player budget - no club in their right mind announces that - it gives the other clubs to much power to dictate price.For example - Glen Johnson is wanted by Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool. The figures being thrown around are £17million. Is he worth £17million? Not in my opinion - but Portsmouth arn''t stupid and they know they can get more money out of them because they know the ownders will pay out over the odds because they know they have pretty large transfer budgets.