Sign in to follow this  
Rich T (no not the biscuit!!)

Question re Smudger??

"Herb" My theory is he''s a plant from the powers that be at Carra Rud.His only purpose is to galvanise support for the current regime by making the alternative view appear so ridiculous.In that respect I would suggest he''s been very successful.

Herb.I think you could be right! I only started posting on here again because I was so frustrated at the succession of poor decisions and mismanagement coming from Carrow Road but I find myself more and more defending the Board from some of the illogical and counter-productive rants demonstrated here.As I am sure other people have said, there is enough ammunition coming from the Board to shoot them with without having to resort to personal attacks or irrational arguments...

Controversial I know, but why do people who have never met Smudger slag him off?

He may articulate badly, and be a little more negative than some posters, but believe me he has more of a track record as a City supporter than some of the wet-behind-the-ears posters on here.

And to be honest if you have met Delia or Michael (W-J) it is difficult to see them as "saviours" of our club

Even if all that is true, it does not answer the question.  I don''t have a problem with Smudger''s views but I do object to his agression, condescension and rudeness.   That is the question.  Why is he like that?  Do you know?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]he is a NC supporter,[/quote]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright! [:S][/quote]

and how many of the above are actually facts Lapp??? [:$]

Never mind fella I am sure we will get to the root of your hidden agenda one day.

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]he is a NC supporter,[/quote]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright! [:S][/quote]

my thoughts exactly!

got nothing against him myself but why does he have to slag off anybody that suggests getting behing Gunn or Delia and says he''s a fan but would rather see us fail so Gunn would get sacked [:S] weird

[/quote]

We will fail and yet again deluded fans like yourself will be responsible.

Wait and see, whether I wish for it or not, it''s going to happen and you know it.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Never mind fella I am sure we will get to the root of your hidden agenda one day.

[/quote]Well, if you don''t know how many of those are facts, and you are Smudger, how on earth can anyone else know ?  How about you reply properly and tell us how many of those are facts - back your position up rather than going off on one for a change...

Also in a whole thread making some valid points about your ''method'' so to speak you only bother replying to the two that question how much you support the club?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Not Aggressive or condescending at all!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Gunn Show"]

my thoughts exactly!

got nothing against him myself but why does he have to slag off anybody that suggests getting behing Gunn or Delia and says he''s a fan but would rather see us fail so Gunn would get sacked [:S] weird

[/quote]

We will fail and yet again deluded fans like yourself will be responsible.

Wait and see, whether I wish for it or not, it''s going to happen and you know it.

[/quote]

And here.   Are you compensating for being very short or something?  Do you have a total inability to converse in civilised terms?  How on earth does your business survive if you communicate like this?

[quote user="Rich T"]

I don''t recall slagging anyone off, I asked a question, from my limited knowledge of the english language, I wasn''t aware that asking why someone was aggresive could be deemed to be slagging someone off?

As i put, I''m new to it, he seems to get a lot of stick for his views and having read a lot of his views, they can be perceived as being aggresive, if it''s passion then why does he not channel that in a different way and join us 25k delia worshippers at Carrow Road on a saturday and put that passion across by singing his heart out for the team.

You only get out what you put into life...............nothing more, nothing less!!

[/quote]

Rich Teas... why do they crumble so easily when you dunk them in your cuppa?

It appears that might be a very apt name for you give your proven recipe for disaster that I have higlighted (above).

Why do you feel that 25,000 backing everything our woeful team, woeful manager and woeful boardroom staff do will work when it has failed so miserably for the last 4 or 5 years now???

You say I show agression?  No I just don''t suffer fools gladly.

You may prefer the politicians and such like who will lie blind to you but dress the language up and put it across in well worded passionless PR release? 

It is not difficult to see why our country is in such a mess when we have so many blithering idiots living in it.

You sir (plus the other idiots who haven''t worked out that we are set for another long hard season and that things will not get better until the cook is driven out of town) can only be classified as a fool.

Why? 

Well the obvious has been stated so many times and still you can''t or choose not to see it.... [:$]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Well, if you don''t know how many of those are facts, and you are Smudger, how on earth can anyone else know ?  How about you reply properly and tell us how many of those are facts - back your position up rather than going off on one for a change...
[/quote]

Maybe Lapp could give you an idea?

He has of course met me in the flesh many times, but prefers to keep calling me a Leicester fan on here.

No hidden agenda??? [:$]

My diagnosis is deeply-rooted self-esteem issues. The constant needy, attention seeking behaviour. The child-like wish to be contrary. Perhaps having to wear  the "special shorts" at school for boys who''ve made a bit of a mess? Who can tell?

We none of us profess to be saints, I am sure he has explained his reasons numerous times.  Just because people might disagree with him, doesn''t make him wrong, and we are all perfectly entitled to our own opinions, it would be a horrid world if we all thought and did the same as eachother.

[quote user="lappititup"]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board,

manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose

every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the

scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life

in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright![/quote][quote user="Smudger"]He has of course met me in the flesh many times, but prefers to keep calling me a Leicester fan on here.[/quote]So the only thing you object to in that list is the bit about being from Leicester ?

[quote user="Rich T no not the biscuit"]I''m really not having a go at him, guess I''m wondering why someone which so much to say and so much "passion" for things isn''t doing more about it in a positive way, we can all have a moan on here but if he feels that strongly about stuff, get yourself on one of the support groups and make something good from all of this pent up frustrations (was gonna use the word aggression again but don''t want to get accused of slagging him off again!)[/quote]

Who says I am not involved in any way with one of the support groups? [:O]

NCISA are very aware of my feelings and it is not beyond the realms of possibility that I may ask to become more involved with them.

I have been impressed with the work NCISA have done so far this summer and they are aware of that.

I wanted NCISA to act a very long time ago and they are also well aware of that too.

I am happy to keep in the background and influence in small ways, as I guess a lot of you could well be right that there are many who would not follow a cause that they believe in just because an individual they have never met before, who they don''t like is invovlved.  Again I find that very small minded... there are many posters who I have had very heated debates with on here who probably would not of given me the time of day a couple of years ago who now think an awful lot of me.  They have met me in the flesh, they have realised what I was saying was right and they have also realised that I have taken a barrage of abuse in the process of driving some of these points home to people.

I was in a pub on the bank holiday at the end of May and somebody I had never met before came up to me and said "you are Smudger aren''t you" and proceeded to shake my hand.  He had been sat near me at St Andrews Hall.  I think the myth that everybody thinks Smudger is a joke should die, because many people have seen that he is no joke and there are an awful lot of people out there who have a lot of time for him.

Did you lot know that I sat next to dear old Lapps at St Andrews and that I have shared many drinks with him in the City towards the back end of last season?

Still he likes to claim that I am a Leicester fan on here... rather peculiar that wouldn''t you say?

Those who continue to play the SMUDGER is a joke card make themselves look very foolish indeed.

His postings amuse me without fail.

If you keep repeating the same thing often enough, eventually you will believe it yourself!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="lappititup"]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright![/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"]He has of course met me in the flesh many times, but prefers to keep calling me a Leicester fan on here.[/quote]

So the only thing you object to in that list is the bit about being from Leicester ?
[/quote]

No every single one of the comments is false with the exception of "administration"

Why, because with the many clowns like you that we have about, it is the only way that we are going to get shot of the cook and the only way that NCFC will start to move onwards and upwards once more.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]"Herb" My theory is he''s a plant from the powers that be at Carra Rud.

His only purpose is to galvanise support for the current regime by making the alternative view appear so ridiculous.

In that respect I would suggest he''s been very successful.

Herb.
I think you could be right! I only started posting on here again because I was so frustrated at the succession of poor decisions and mismanagement coming from Carrow Road but I find myself more and more defending the Board from some of the illogical and counter-productive rants demonstrated here.

As I am sure other people have said, there is enough ammunition coming from the Board to shoot them with without having to resort to personal attacks or irrational arguments...

[/quote]

So why are you not shooting then?

Instead of applauding two signings who are not good enough to get us out of this league and an overpaid CEO???

Shooting???  Happy clapping as per usual more like!!! [:$]

Oh god he''s started talking about himself in 3rd person now.Call the funny farm!

[quote user="Herb"]Oh god he''s started talking about himself in 3rd person now.
Call the funny farm!
[/quote]

Still hiding behind your computer??? [:$]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve met him on more than one occasion and think he''s an ok guy. He''s passionate about the club, doesn''t suffer fools gladly, has always been consistant, realises what is wrong with the club and wants to do something about it.

If only we all had just half of his determination!

[/quote]CA - I have long had a deep respect for you for what you have to say and how you conduct yourself on here.However I really have to disagree with what you say this time. I would strongly argue a case against Smudger being consistant - he is anything but in my opinion.If you collate all of his posts he seems to contradict himself many times.I could stand outside saying that it will rain and refusing to move until it does (it is sunny at the moment). I know that it may not rain for days or even weeks (if we are lucky) but I know that if I stand outside long enough it will happen.Every single club has its ups and downs and if you look at NCFC we are no different. Since 1998/ish we have been opperating on the same sort of money on average - we only ever progressed when we had strong capable managers. When we had weak managers we struggled to stay in this division. After Worthington it was enevitable that if we appointed a weak manager we would be looking at possible relegation so to say that he has been consistant is a bit far fetched.Not to mention that he comes on here states his opinion and then when people want to discuss it he disapears or simple slags them off.I still try and maintain a sense of dignaty with Smudger and try to encourage him to expand on his opinions and get him to articulate his theories etc better but I think sometimes it is purely his attitude that strikes people as off more than anything else.Passionate does not mean aggressive. You could be passionate about world peace but it does not mean you go around verbally abusing people who do not agree with you.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Herb"]Oh god he''s started talking about himself in 3rd person now.Call the funny farm![/quote]

Still hiding behind your computer??? [:$]

[/quote]

Yes thats right, I''m hiding.

You''re so big and scary I have no other option.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Why don''t you tell us Smudger?Unfortunately this is a picture some posters have built up of you because you fail to expand on what you mean sometimes or loose any element of cool you have and resort to silly comments about sheep etc.You have suggested and even supported the idea of administration claiming it would be the best way to get rid of the "board". In with this last season you suggested that the fastest route to administration would be relegation.I even believe that on one occaision you admited to having lived in Leicester and being a Leicester fan as a youth.That doesn''t change the here and now but you have criticised someone for stating things which you claim are not true.

Kindly stop posting whole threads about me?

When I log on this means that when I type my name in the little box to bring up posts and threads I have been involved in... I have to scroll through about 5 pages plus of links to a thread which is nothing to do with football and just full of your sanctimonious sh*t.

Can we have a different part of the messageboard donated to dimwits who wish to post whole threads about other posters but which have nothing to do with football by any chance Pete?

I now realise that I have started yet another thread about me... can we put a lock on this one so it doesn''t go any further??? 

Also putting the embarrassed face at the end of every response does not make your opinion right and others wrong, its just a little annoying.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="lappititup"]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright![/quote][quote user="Smudger"]He has of course met me in the flesh many times, but prefers to keep calling me a Leicester fan on here.[/quote]So the only thing you object to in that list is the bit about being from Leicester ? [/quote]

No every single one of the comments is false with the exception of "administration"

Why, because with the many clowns like you that we have about, it is the only way that we are going to get shot of the cook and the only way that NCFC will start to move onwards and upwards once more.

[/quote]I''m not an accountant, but I don''t think you have to be an accountant to realise that the administration of a community-based football club is a bad thing.  A lot of local businesses would lose money as a result, some might even go out of business themselves.  People would lose their jobs (it seems that this will happen as a result of relegation anyway...).  Someone like Price Waterhouse or KPMG would be appointed to try to get the best deal for the creditors - we would end up selling any decent players left and would be unable to buy anyone in.  Regardless of what you think of this weeks signings they are better than the alternative that admin would provide - effectively an academy outfit playing in league 1.People who have a better idea of these things than me say on here that administration is also highly unlikely because of the assets the company owns.  While the club is able to pay off its'' debts, admin won''t happen.  And the ability to do that is in the hands of the people you want to remove, they have paid in several million over the years to keep the club ticking over.  So what you want won''t occur - it''s catch 22.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Kindly stop posting whole threads about me?

When I log on this means that when I type my name in the little box to bring up posts and threads I have been involved in... I have to scroll through about 5 pages plus of links to a thread which is nothing to do with football and just full of your sanctimonious sh*t.

Can we have a different part of the messageboard donated to dimwits who wish to post whole threads about other posters but which have nothing to do with football by any chance Pete?

I now realise that I have started yet another thread about me... can we put a lock on this one so it doesn''t go any further??? 

[/quote]

Ah, the price and curse of fame........or infamy mate.

Or the price of coming onto a public forum and winding everyone up with such obvious relish? You only get what you give after all...

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve met him on more than one occasion and think he''s an ok guy. He''s passionate about the club, doesn''t suffer fools gladly, has always been consistant, realises what is wrong with the club and wants to do something about it.

If only we all had just half of his determination!

[/quote]

CA - I have long had a deep respect for you for what you have to say and how you conduct yourself on here.

However I really have to disagree with what you say this time. I would strongly argue a case against Smudger being consistant - he is anything but in my opinion.

If you collate all of his posts he seems to contradict himself many times.

I could stand outside saying that it will rain and refusing to move until it does (it is sunny at the moment). I know that it may not rain for days or even weeks (if we are lucky) but I know that if I stand outside long enough it will happen.

Every single club has its ups and downs and if you look at NCFC we are no different. Since 1998/ish we have been opperating on the same sort of money on average - we only ever progressed when we had strong capable managers. When we had weak managers we struggled to stay in this division. After Worthington it was enevitable that if we appointed a weak manager we would be looking at possible relegation so to say that he has been consistant is a bit far fetched.

Not to mention that he comes on here states his opinion and then when people want to discuss it he disapears or simple slags them off.

I still try and maintain a sense of dignaty with Smudger and try to encourage him to expand on his opinions and get him to articulate his theories etc better but I think sometimes it is purely his attitude that strikes people as off more than anything else.

Passionate does not mean aggressive. You could be passionate about world peace but it does not mean you go around verbally abusing people who do not agree with you.
[/quote]

Maybe you could articulate your theories slightly better my littlle Chick Pea??? [:$]