Sign in to follow this  
Rich T (no not the biscuit!!)

Question re Smudger??

While i sit on the fence a bit and i agree with some of what he says, most people dislike him it seems because he comes across like he''s a true fan because he''s prepared to do whatever it takes to remove Delia and if you don''t follow suit then you are all pratts and don''t care about the club.

This of course isn''t true.

I have always found Smudger to be a polite,charming and respectful person.

It''s only when I take my hands from off his throat that he is a problem!![;)]

Actually Smudger is ok, although I may not always agree with him and sometimes what he says may seem harsh, he is a NC supporter, and I do sometimes understand where he''s coming from.

I often wonder why he is how he is. He makes good points but someone who is as aggressive and confrontational as he is drives people away from his cause.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]he is a NC supporter,[/quote]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright! [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]he is a NC supporter,[/quote]Someone who never attends games, slags off everyone from the board, manager, coaches, players, fans, posters, someone who wants us to lose every game, get relegated every season, loves to see us lose to the scum, wants to see us in administration, oh, and spent most of his life in Leicester. Yep, he''s a Norwich fan alright! [:S][/quote]

my thoughts exactly!

got nothing against him myself but why does he have to slag off anybody that suggests getting behing Gunn or Delia and says he''s a fan but would rather see us fail so Gunn would get sacked [:S] weird

Controversial I know, but being knew thought I would ask the question......what is it with Smudger, why is he so aggresive?

It''s not correct English to write that you are "knew".  You should have written, "being known".

[quote user="Rich T"]Controversial I know, but being knew thought I would ask the question......what is it with Smudger, why is he so aggresive?[/quote]

Controversial I know, but why do people who have never met Smudger slag him off?

He may articulate badly, and be a little more negative than some posters, but believe me he has more of a track record as a City supporter than some of the wet-behind-the-ears posters on here.

And to be honest if you have met Delia or Michael (W-J) it is difficult to see them as "saviours" of our club.

How can you tell if someone is wet behind the ears?? Do they post a bit funny?? Its prbly teh txt spk!

[quote]

[quote user="Rich T"]Controversial I know, but being knew thought I would ask the question......what is it with Smudger, why is he so aggresive?[/quote]

Controversial I know, but why do people who have never met Smudger slag him off?

He may articulate badly, and be a little more negative than some posters, but believe me he has more of a track record as a City supporter than some of the wet-behind-the-ears posters on here.

And to be honest if you have met Delia or Michael (W-J) it is difficult to see them as "saviours" of our club.

[/quote]

LOL............. at least he doesn''t abuse and slag off people he doesn''t know!................

Aggression or passion?

A few more like him and maybe something might have happened long before we dropped down to Division Three for the first time in half a century.....

If you can''t tell the difference then it clearly proves his point that most of you deserve exactly what you''ve got.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

Aggression or passion?

A few more like him and maybe something might have happened long before we dropped down to Division Three for the first time in half a century.....

If you can''t tell the difference then it clearly proves his point that most of you deserve exactly what you''ve got.

[/quote]Thing is Cluck we can tell the difference, thats the problem. Any form of movement against Delia will need some sort of figurehead to gather round and while Smudger is seen as that it will put people off joining in.

I''ve met him before, he seems like an ok guy in reality. Maybe just a tad forceful on here.

[quote user="RichT"]what is it with Smudger, why is he so aggresive?[/quote]He didn''t get a printing contract with the club ''cos he didn''t know the difference between have and of [;)], made him angry

I don''t recall slagging anyone off, I asked a question, from my limited knowledge of the english language, I wasn''t aware that asking why someone was aggresive could be deemed to be slagging someone off?

As i put, I''m new to it, he seems to get a lot of stick for his views and having read a lot of his views, they can be perceived as being aggresive, if it''s passion then why does he not channel that in a different way and join us 25k delia worshippers at Carrow Road on a saturday and put that passion across by singing his heart out for the team.

You only get out what you put into life...............nothing more, nothing less!!

I''m really not having a go at him, guess I''m wondering why someone which so much to say and so much "passion" for things isn''t doing more about it in a positive way, we can all have a moan on here but if he feels that strongly about stuff, get yourself on one of the support groups and make something good from all of this pent up frustrations (was gonna use the word aggression again but don''t want to get accused of slagging him off again!)

I''ve met him on more than one occasion and think he''s an ok guy. He''s passionate about the club, doesn''t suffer fools gladly, has always been consistant, realises what is wrong with the club and wants to do something about it.

If only we all had just half of his determination!

But what is he doing about it, I know that there won''t be a lot that he can physically do (unless he''s a secret billionaire - we can wish!) so therefore he needs to (and we need to help him) do something more positive about this situation, whatever that might be!

I don''t have any answers, I am passionate and don''t always agree with some of the decisions that this club make, but lets not forget that a lot of stuff gets reported through the press so we get half a story at best and even that will be made to sound worse (or better) that it actually is!

Don''t the club have forums with selected supporter group, lets get Smudger on one of these and get him to channel his thoughts constructively, suspect if he did do this people like me wouldn''t have created this image of him being aggresive to those that don''t share his views.

There''s an MP position going in North Norwich.............

[quote]

I don''t recall slagging anyone off, I asked a question, from my limited knowledge of the english language, I wasn''t aware that asking why someone was aggresive could be deemed to be slagging someone off?

As i put, I''m new to it, he seems to get a lot of stick for his views and having read a lot of his views, they can be perceived as being aggresive, if it''s passion then why does he not channel that in a different way and join us 25k delia worshippers at Carrow Road on a saturday and put that passion across by singing his heart out for the team.

You only get out what you put into life...............nothing more, nothing less!!

[/quote]More to the point, why are you so bothered about him?you either indulge yourself into a debate or ignore it. 

My theory is he''s a plant from the powers that be at Carra Rud.His only purpose is to galvanise support for the current regime by making the alternative view appear so ridiculous.In that respect I would suggest he''s been very successful.

[quote user="Rich T"]Controversial I know, but being knew thought I would ask the question......what is it with Smudger, why is he so aggresive?[/quote]Because there are a few City fans left that actually care enough to be angry. Smudger is one of them. I imagine you are not.

"You only get out what you put into life...............nothing more, nothing less"!!

You''ve answered your own question... and that is the reason we are a national laughing stock and down in Division Three.

You clearly don''t get it do you?........