Sign in to follow this  
LQ

Your Club Needs You!

No, not you lot.I''m talking to the local media here after Radio Norfolk seemingly shunned this morning''s press conference in favour of a programme dedicated to Masonry Bees (I kid you not!)If we thought that national coverage of our Club was next to zero in the Championship, it will be less than zero in League One. This is the time when the local media can come into their own, not dismiss such items as the new boys coming in. We may have dropped a league but, unless anyone out there really is some kind of masochistic version of a glory hunter, there are still the same number of eager fans out here waiting to see, hear and read the news.So BBC, Anglia, Archant (ok, not so much Archant) get it together. Keep the yellow and green flag flying in locally at least. Don''t fob us off because we''re down. We''re still kicking and so should you be. We deserve that much!

[quote user="LQ"]No, not you lot.Radio Norfolk seemingly shunned this morning''s press conference in favour of a programme dedicated to Masonry Bees[/quote]Perhaps they worked out that unquestioning support is ultimately disastrous.

Quite agree LQ the club does need them even more so now.

[quote user="LQ"]No, not you lot.

I''m talking to the local media here after Radio Norfolk seemingly shunned this morning''s press conference in favour of a programme dedicated to Masonry Bees (I kid you not!)

If we thought that national coverage of our Club was next to zero in the Championship, it will be less than zero in League One. This is the time when the local media can come into their own, not dismiss such items as the new boys coming in. We may have dropped a league but, unless anyone out there really is some kind of masochistic version of a glory hunter, there are still the same number of eager fans out here waiting to see, hear and read the news.

So BBC, Anglia, Archant (ok, not so much Archant) get it together. Keep the yellow and green flag flying in locally at least. Don''t fob us off because we''re down. We''re still kicking and so should you be. We deserve that much!

[/quote]

I have to say both myself and hubby were a little miffed this wasn''t covered on Radio Norfolk, I have e-mailed them and said so too, might be a good idea if others did the same.

Not everyone who supports NCFC has the internet, but most of the older generation and a few like me listen to the local news, weather and travel on Norfolk.

Just a shame that they feel that Bees are more important than covering the unveiling of another player at CR.

I''m talking to the local media here after Radio Norfolk seemingly shunned this morning''s press conference in favour of a programme dedicated to Masonry Bees (I kid you not!)

If we thought that national coverage of our Club was next to zero in the Championship, it will be less than zero in League One. This is the time when the local media can come into their own, not dismiss such items as the new boys coming in. We may have dropped a league but, unless anyone out there really is some kind of masochistic version of a glory hunter, there are still the same number of eager fans out here waiting to see, hear and read the news.

So BBC, Anglia, Archant (ok, not so much Archant) get it together. Keep the yellow and green flag flying in locally at least. Don''t fob us off because we''re down. We''re still kicking and so should you be. We deserve that much!

[/quote]

Sometimes LQ your prejudice is way over the top.

What have you got against Masonry Bees?

The cute little devils fly round with one trouser leg up, with little hammers in their fury little feelers doing a much needed overlooked job.

You want that their one fame program should be stopped so that thousands of eagerly waiting fans can get the latest news from our club!

Shame on you!

Just putting the other side of the coin:1. Nelson was hardly news - few City fans would have been unaware.2. Not all listeners care about football3. It was a pretty tedious press conference4. They did break into the programme pretty smartly to allow Chris Goram to confirm the news

[quote user="Binky"]Just putting the other side of the coin:1. Nelson was hardly news - few City fans would have been unaware.2. Not all listeners care about football3. It was a pretty tedious press conference4. They did break into the programme pretty smartly to allow Chris Goram to confirm the news [/quote]You think masonry bees have a wider audience in Norfolk than NCFC

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Binky"]Just putting the other side of the coin:
1. Nelson was hardly news - few City fans would have been unaware.
2. Not all listeners care about football
3. It was a pretty tedious press conference
4. They did break into the programme pretty smartly to allow Chris Goram to confirm the news
[/quote]

You think masonry bees have a wider audience in Norfolk than NCFC
[/quote]

Of course they do.

Norfolk is full of beelievers and each one has it''s little  lodge.

There is a large gathering in Beeston

[quote user="lappinitup"]Beehave Butler (or should that bee behive?)[*-)][/quote]

Thanks honey!

I just knew I would get a Buzz from you

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Beehave Butler (or should that bee behive?)[*-)][/quote]

Thanks honey!

[/quote]Thanks for not getting waspy! [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Thanks honey!

[/quote]

Did Nelson travel to Norwich by Flybe(e)?

Yesterday morning Radio Norfolk had a whole hour''s article on masturbation. (God''s honest truth!)

Now I could understand why this would have been more important than a City press conference but masonry bees!!!!!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Yesterday morning Radio Norfolk had a whole hour''s article on masturbation. (God''s honest truth!) Now I could understand why this would have been more important than a City press conference but masonry bees!!!!![/quote]

Yes, they had quite a lot of listeners for it as well....A mass debate of large aural proportions....

[/quote]

You''ll have to try much, much harder than this with your club sychophantic skills - if you want to get yourself noticed by the ''Downsizer or our Deals no Deals''....

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"]

Thanks honey!

[/quote]

Did Nelson travel to Norwich by Flybe(e)?

[/quote]

No. He sailed in on the Victory to Great Yarmouth and took a Beeline taxi in from there.[:D]

Sorry but the press conferences never used to get covered live and they aren''t for premiership clubs announcing signings so why would the listeners of Radio Norfolk want to hear what was almost certainly mundane and predictable?

As long as it was covered on the next sports bulletin that is all that matters.

Bees may not be your thing but I want varied radio output.