Sign in to follow this  
Rich T (no not the biscuit!!)

I saw Carl Cort............no really, I did!

Was strolling round Norwich at lunchtime when I almost bumped into this man mountain, to my suprise it actually was Carl Cort.

Obvious question sprang to mind, if he has been released, why is he still here?

Are we letting him train with us for pre-season or are checking his fitness levels in case we can''t find another target man, from my point of view, I thought he did enough in the games he played in to prove that he could be an a handy player to have in League 1, although that obviously depends on his wages and fitness.

So, question is, would you have a fit Carl Cort in League 1 on a pay as you play basis, I would!

Yes.Although if we bring in Lee, or ''Lambert'' as has been touted by someone, i''d have to reconsider that.

Still haven''t quite worked out why he would still be here, he was only here for less than a year so I''m sure he wouldn''t be putting down roots, being a london boy at heart - just got me wondering!

It was an if, personally I think we need someone like an Alan Lee but if he''s cheap and we can pay him, then I''d say keep "Bambi on Ice"!

A fit Carl Cort yes, but with no way of guaranteeing that i think we should put our efforts elsewhere.

I like him and think he could do a really good job, but it''s too much hope.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]In League One, a fit Carl Cort gets you 30 goals a season[/quote]He''ll score a goal every three games. Because he''ll only be able to be fir for a third of the season [;)]

Before his ankle?? injury was it? he was getting back to full fitness and looked one of our better players.

It''s hard to know exactly why he''s still here, but Norwich is a nice place to live, maybe he has a house he''s renting or bought with all his stuff in and will wait to see where he''s going before getting the removal men in. He could also have Kids in a local school and waiting for the school year to finish. Boring suggestions i know.

he would certainly be a good addition especially with us being allowed 7 subs now. 10 mins to go, we''re chasing the game, put him on and we''d suddenly have two tall centre backs, cort, another target man and tudur jones in the box... not many teams would be able to handle that for long.

If a full fitness test proves he''s not Mr Glass i would offer him a League 1 level contract

He accepts it then great, if not no loss

[quote user="james norwich"]Bambi on ice - i rest my case.[/quote]

Hallejuah, someone has seen the light! tried to tell you this when you signed him!

Built like an NBA player, yet doesn''t jump, doesn''t win large % of headers, never a threat of set pieces

he''s a clown!

It would indeed seem that Carl is training with the team.Just watched the video on Canariesworld entitled ''Defender on recovery from injury'', which is an interview with Adam Drury on his return to training, however it shows some footage of Drury training with some of the players including Mr Cort.Gill is also there so it must be fairly recent