Sign in to follow this  
ncfcfaithful

Who knows their way around a football pitch????

Left back..........................................in the dressing room. Crap at sportd whilst at school.lol

Only played at school, county and district levels. Same for Rugby and Hockey as well. Broke my neck as a teenager, escaped lasting paralysis but haven''t played anything in anger since!

Played county level for Norfolk and now play in the mighty North East Norfolk league. The high point for me was when i played for Norfolk at a big tournment, which we were helping out at to fill a game as a team could not make it.  Our manager could not be there so we had someone fill in for him.  This someone was the then England U19 coach Dave Sexton.  To top it off we also had to wear the England U19 kit as we didnt have one to wear.  We got some funny looks when we walked out to the pitch, we played a Yorkshire county side and beat them 3-1 get in ! . 

played from under 12''s - under 18''s for my club Newtown Celtic and county level for Tipperaryretired at 18 with dodgy knees.played all my time at left back too small for centre backjust play 2/3 times a year for work.

I have just packed up football - after 9 years of it playing, and am now taking on some U8''s as the manager!!

I was one of the guys who had a sweet left foot, and I scored a outside of the left peg top corner free kick - i enjoyed it soo much i thought i would share it

Erm me i used to be part of hendon youth when i lived in london playing as a striker those were teh days when i could run from morning till night, now i get nakkered after 5 mins, so ive become a goalkeeper.

Before that i played at left back for buxton, even though my left foot is useless. played one season for them scoreing one own goal.

I now play for a sunday league team, Chickens Sunday league team to be precise as a goalkeeper and a outfield player, its useful having 4 keepers on the books.

But thats about it for me.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

Good to hear there are some players on here!!

I just play Sunday football now but i''d say my career high was playing for Norfolk FA at Under 18''s.  I also played a few games for Norwich United and got paid but now I just enjoy the social level!!

I''d really like to hear what level some of the more opinionated posters on here have played at....

Although to be honest it''s nice to see some less regular posters like myself replying to this post as it makes a peasant change from the usual arguments!!

[/quote]

Funny, isn''t it, how the ones who think that they know most about football have no experience of playing at a credible level.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

I just play Sunday football now but i''d say my career high was playing for Norfolk FA at Under 18''s.  I also played a few games for Norwich United and got paid but now I just enjoy the social level!!

I''d really like to hear what level some of the more opinionated posters on here have played at....

Although to be honest it''s nice to see some less regular posters like myself replying to this post as it makes a peasant change from the usual arguments!!

[/quote]

Funny, isn''t it, how the ones who think that they know most about football have no experience of playing at a credible level.

[/quote]

Like most of these referee types  you mean?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Like Jose Mourinho you mean?[;)]

I have always been a shocking footballer (best position in goal 5/6 a side but never good) most often left out (sorry left back) bespite picking up a winners medal or two at the lowest of levels of yoof football decades ago. A such I have no credible level to fall back on (In fact so poor a player I have more appearances as sunday league lino than I do as a registered amateur footballer!)  

However I feel that I am capable of reasonable analysis of a teams strengths and weaknesses and how they can be addressed,  recognising tactical issues and solutions in match time,  not just after the event.   I do not profess to be able to know how to convey those  required changes to footballers.  

This feels like the start of another worthless debate;   first the pointless "true" supporter debate,  now the "credible" fan debate[:$]   well, in that case the surely the only true and credible fans are those that agree with my opinions [;)][:D][*-)][:P]

18 years saturday/sunday local league footy ''old skool'' centre-half, 6 teams, captain for 4. Only 1 red card (dissent). Dislocated both ankles, now mid-30''s, awaiting knee cartledge op, free agent, awaiting Gunnies call.....

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

I have always been a shocking footballer (best position in goal 5/6 a side but never good) most often left out (sorry left back) bespite picking up a winners medal or two at the lowest of levels of yoof football decades ago. A such I have no credible level to fall back on (In fact so poor a player I have more appearances as sunday league lino than I do as a registered amateur footballer!)  

However I feel that I am capable of reasonable analysis of a teams strengths and weaknesses and how they can be addressed,  recognising tactical issues and solutions in match time,  not just after the event.   I do not profess to be able to know how to convey those  required changes to footballers.  

This feels like the start of another worthless debate;   first the pointless "true" supporter debate,  now the "credible" fan debate[:$]   well, in that case the surely the only true and credible fans are those that agree with my opinions [;)][:D][*-)][:P]

[/quote]Lets face it - I bet you could have done a better job than Peter Grant . . . . or Hamilton for that matter.

Played for Hainford in the Anglian Combination and Frettenham in the Business Houses League as young as thirteen and wound up with trials at City and had a couple of appearances in the South East Counties matches for the reserves.Other teams played for before my knee became totally f*cked:Wroxham, Tiverton, Buckfastleigh, Billingford & Nth Elmham.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like it - LOL!

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally I think that many just dont see the thread as relevant to anything, I was quite handy as a kid, and now I can hardly strike a ball. How that changes the quality of the dross we have seen at Carrow Road I do not know, but there are many people that know football as theory - but are just not naturally capable of putting that theory into practice.

Somebody that has not played football is just as capable of noticing that Norwich City have been crap for a few years now, and people learn more about football by watching it then they do playing it, playing football is nothing but trying to learn to do what you have seen others do - hence the reason you get thousands of kids pulling there socks up like stockings and trying to do step overs like Cristiano Ronaldo.

I know old boys at Carrow Road who are 70+, havent played football for 35 or 40 years, when it was a completely different game - but their opinions on certain things are more often then not exactly the same as your average 25 year old.

Played for and against Norwich Youth, and 3  years in Ridgeons league, knackered by 18. Old man played for Chelsea.

I played a few games alongside Chris Sutton.... for Horsford Middle School.  Needless to say I bet he looks back on his wasted years since that game and wonders where the time went and what happened to that tricksy right winger who used to land the ball on his head with unerring accuracy.

Haven''t played much to be honest, just as a fullback for my high school''s teams (Oriel High), and had a brief stint in the U17 Norfolk & Suffolk youth league last year. In 12 games (We only had 7 teams in the league) i played no less than 5 positions. (Both full backs, Centre Back, Centre Mid and in Goal), and now going up to play in the Great Yarmouth District League (I think that''s what it''s called)..

Where we go from there who knows. Been pretty good on the injury front, only damaged ankle ligaments a little playing for the school, but my wrist plays up now and then when i go in goal because i broke it a few years back.

played for hethersett athletic for about 60 odd games between 1996 and 2001, norfolk youth comination and south norfolk sunday league.

played against adrian coote and stuart roach, and have played at the walks

now playing powerleague on a wednesday, incidently in the same league as robert eagle, whos playing for a team called dyanmo chicken kiev!

[quote user="Smeg"]

played for hethersett athletic for about 60 odd games between 1996 and 2001, norfolk youth comination and south norfolk sunday league.

played against adrian coote and stuart roach, and have played at the walks

now playing powerleague on a wednesday, incidently in the same league as robert eagle, whos playing for a team called dyanmo chicken kiev!

[/quote]

Is he looking for a club?

dunno, he played most of his last match in goal, guess cause the other team where gunning for him, but came out for last few minutes and scored a cracker!

I played for five seasons in what is now the blue square prem, leading scorer for two seasons.

I had trials with West Ham, Fulham, and Charlton, but knee problems meant they wouldn''t take me on.

Played in FA cup 2nd round proper and scored

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

I played for five seasons in what is now the blue square prem, leading scorer for two seasons.

I had trials with West Ham, Fulham, and Charlton, but knee problems meant they wouldn''t take me on.

Played in FA cup 2nd round proper and scored

[/quote]

Whats your name fella?