Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

The Chief Executive is just the advance party

I was told a few days ago the our new Chief Executive was here as an advance party, I thought yeh right, but the more I think about it the more likely it seems.

Firstly he could probably have a job with 50% of the Prem clubs 90%+ of the Championship clubs, so why us?

We have no money, we are a club in decline, why would he take less wages than he could get elsewhere?

Here for the fun of it ?  think not, he is ambitious and doesn''t back losers or would not bugger up his CV on a whim.

Over the weekend I am going to follow up that comment made to me and see whats what

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

I was told a few days ago the our new Chief Executive was here as an advance party, I thought yeh right, but the more I think about it the more likely it seems.

Firstly he could probably have a job with 50% of the Prem clubs 90%+ of the Championship clubs, so why us?

We have no money, we are a club in decline, why would he take less wages than he could get elsewhere?

Here for the fun of it ?  think not, he is ambitious and doesn''t back losers or would not bugger up his CV on a whim.

Over the weekend I am going to follow up that comment made to me and see whats what

[/quote]

NCFC is a business which is not fulfilling its potential yet we still have a large fan base (customers) who could be sold extra products quite easily if we win a few games (we should win more games this season in a lower league) i.e. lots of scope for improvement and making money.

Have to say its an intriguing appointment. He did after all quit Fulham to go to Arsenal.... wonder what happened there.

New shareholder wanted his own man at Arsenal I think.For a Club with "no ambition" who are apparently seen as a joke by everyone in football (as some would have it) McNally has got to be the most ambitious signing since Hux! And there''s no way he would have come here without being 100% sure of what he was walking in to.

[quote user="LQ"]New shareholder wanted his own man at Arsenal I think.

For a Club with "no ambition" who are apparently seen as a joke by everyone in football (as some would have it) McNally has got to be the most ambitious signing since Hux! And there''s no way he would have come here without being 100% sure of what he was walking in to.

[/quote]

So LQ do you think  there is some truth in what I was told? that seems to be what you are saying, do you know anything? spill the beans

I see it how I saw it before,  and posted it when McNally arrived.The Board had a budget of £Xs, they made a decision of going for a decent CE or a proven team manager.  The chose a decent CE and stuck with Gunn, imo it was as simple as that.

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[quote user="LQ"]New shareholder wanted his own man at Arsenal I think.For a Club with "no ambition" who are apparently seen as a joke by everyone in football (as some would have it) McNally has got to be the most ambitious signing since Hux! And there''s no way he would have come here without being 100% sure of what he was walking in to.

[/quote]

So LQ do you think  there is some truth in what I was told? that seems to be what you are saying, do you know anything? spill the beans

[/quote]I don''t know anything that anyone else doesn''t know [;)]It''s just obvious that someone of his pedigree wouldn''t have come here if he didn''t think he''d get both the resources and the backing to do his job. It''s simple. McNally has a superb reputation at an executive level throughout the game and he''s not going to risk that on some hick club in the middle of the countryside, is he?

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[quote user="LQ"]New shareholder wanted his own man at Arsenal I think.

For a Club with "no ambition" who are apparently seen as a joke by everyone in football (as some would have it) McNally has got to be the most ambitious signing since Hux! And there''s no way he would have come here without being 100% sure of what he was walking in to.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t know anything that anyone else doesn''t know [;)]

It''s just obvious that someone of his pedigree wouldn''t have come here if he didn''t think he''d get both the resources and the backing to do his job. It''s simple. McNally has a superb reputation at an executive level throughout the game and he''s not going to risk that on some hick club in the middle of the countryside, is he?

[/quote]

I may not agree with you on every issue, but, I do enjoy your expansive vocabulary LQ. Hick is not as long as some of the words you use, but an excellent choice none the less.[:)]

So i know he once in years past worked for Fulham but i''ve not really had time to read much, which club did he walk out on to join NCFC?

Why, thank you [:)]Reminded me that what I really meant to say was "hick club in the middle of the countryside in League One, is he?"!

[quote user="Ankles"]So i know he once in years past worked for Fulham but i''ve not really had time to read much, which club did he walk out on to join NCFC?[/quote]

Years past? he was at Fulham late last year or early this year, had 3 years with Celtic and Arsenal wanted him (think thats why he left Fulham)

Ok, so why didn''t he join Arsenal then? (sorry if this is in a story somewhere i playing catch up)

LQ you''re an ex Gooner, do you know why?

[quote user="Ankles"]

Ok, so why didn''t he join Arsenal then? (sorry if this is in a story somewhere i playing catch up)

LQ you''re an ex Gooner, do you know why?

[/quote]

A new shareholder with a big wedge wanted his own man in the job (Source LQ Pinkun 19/06/09)

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="CT "]July 1st.... mark my words[/quote]

July 1st what?

[/quote]

...this is getting annoying - so many people seem to be claiming they know this and that but will never say what. 

It is obvious that something is going on - at least in terms of new board members - so we will never be any the wiser if they actually knew anything or not!  Unfortunately claiming that something will happen by July 1st doesn''t quite hack it - I''m pretty sure that we are all aware that something is going to happen in the next week or two.

IMO it is time people who supposedly know stuff came out and were a little bit more specific.  We can at least then judge who is a bull merchant and who isn''t.

heh you crack me up dude

You know i reckon we should all get together and use some banned words for a swear jar and then donate it to Norwich.

If you say Hucks you need to stick a quid in, happy clappy is a quid, so on and so forth.

I reckon we would have a huge transfer kitty. By my reckoning i owe a few quid for Hucks offences already.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Downloads"]

July 1st what?

[/quote]

...this is getting annoying - so many people seem to be claiming they know this and that but will never say what. 

It is obvious that something is going on - at least in terms of new board members - so we will never be any the wiser if they actually knew anything or not!  Unfortunately claiming that something will happen by July 1st doesn''t quite hack it - I''m pretty sure that we are all aware that something is going to happen in the next week or two.

IMO it is time people who supposedly know stuff came out and were a little bit more specific.  We can at least then judge who is a bull merchant and who isn''t.

[/quote]

I am with you there Branston.All this ''wink,wink,I know more than you'' bs is getting on my nerves.Put up or shut up!

I think all this nonsense is sheer chatroom codswallop. Nothing more. People are saying they reckon there will be new board members, when the club have openly said that there will. All this talk of secret buy outs is nothing more than straw clutching. July the 1st will come and go, new board members will be unveiled. That''s it. How the fook, would anyone know otherwise? Except existing board members, and their lawyers? And if they did, would they come onto this message board and boast about the fact that they know?

I doubt it very much.

For the record I know nothing from any source on this. Sources are generally people with an agenda anyway so even if you have one you need to use your own discretion while you digest the product!

But, and it''s a big but, there are other signs you can read if you''re prepared to take a step back.

In this case it''s one of two scenarios:

a) mcnally knows that what we see isn''t the be all and end all. There''s something on the horizon.

b) the existing board convinced him that they will join in his ambitions.

Whichever way you look at it the future must seem bright for McNally and hence for us.

It''s just about how you read things and how much you read I guess?

I agree LQ, my immediate thought when we got McNally was that something ''good'' was happening: it could be as ''wide'' as a takeover or big injection of cash from somewhere, but could just as easily be as ''narrow'' as him merely being a good CEO who will inject some new impetus in the club to take it forward - and to a fair degree that would be fine in itself.

One thing we do know is that we are soon to be getting new Board members - this doesn''t necessarily mean a huge injection of cash, but there is presumably a minimum amount of cash that would come into the club and this would certainly help things.  I''m not convinced that anyone on these boards has any further knowledge than that.

I think that we can all be fairly certain that if anybo ldy does know anything, then it won''t be CT lol

not yet he isn''t.

can you  see him getting paid any less than Doncaster?

he was not head-hunted, he was on the rock and roll and now he gets..... £180,000  p.a.?

anyone would make the right noises for a C.E.''s salary.  

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

not yet he isn''t.

can you  see him getting paid any less than Doncaster?

he was not head-hunted, he was on the rock and roll and now he gets..... £180,000  p.a.?

anyone would make the right noises for a C.E.''s salary.  

[/quote]

Right so you would go take a job at Asda when you could have one at Harrods?

I suspect the "advance guard" theory is mainly the product of wishful thinking on the part of posters who would like new owners. It COULD be true, but there seems no reason to think it so.Having said that, I would be very, very surprised if McNally is not a director by this time next year. Add him in with the, say, two new directors promised shortly, and you have at the very least a revamped board, even if not the new owners dreamed of by the revolutionaries on this message board.

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="Downloads"]

July 1st what?

[/quote]

Yeah, why do you keep going on about July 1st?! You know nothing CT!

[/quote]July 1st.....is just my first day, which I will then claim was told to me by my sources but then new news will come out that will make it July 7th on so on and so forth. 

CT stop with all the BS please.

But Yeovil, who is saying that he could have got the ''Harrods'' job?

Anyhow i do agree with the trend of the thread and hope that this signals a new dawn for the club. Even if we don''t great wads of money in, some people with a good knowledge of football would be great.

I would still love to see Barry Skipper return but can''t see him doing that with the present incumbents

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="Downloads"]

July 1st what?

[/quote]

Yeah, why do you keep going on about July 1st?! You know nothing CT!

[/quote]

No, but he likes to make out he does![;)]