Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

When Gunn fails.........

Give Butterworth the job.

I''ve been impressed with his manner and enthusiasim since his arrival here, and obviously, he has good contacts within the club.

If we fail, Butterworth would of been very much part of that failiure, and in that i''d want him gone.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I agree with this.
Unless we can get Steve Tilson.  [8-)]

[/quote]

You know I''d love Tilson here Mr C, but we''re hard up and they''d be compo to pay.[:(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I''ve been impressed with his manner and enthusiasim since his arrival here, and obviously, he has good contacts within the club.

[/quote]

Out of interest what has he done to impress you over the past few months Wizard because other than the interview yesterday and seeing him pace up and down near the dug out I haven''t seen enough or heard enough of him to make up my mind.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Out of interest what has he done to impress you over the past few months Wizard because other than the interview yesterday and seeing him pace up and down near the dug out I haven''t seen enough or heard enough of him to make up my mind.

[/quote]

well sit closer to him to hear more of him, and watch him more to see more of him [:)]

No chance! Butterworth has never been Sheriff of Norwich....and hasn''t got a nice lounge named after him! FACT!

And you don''t think Butterworth is having a large impact on decisions and tactics etc at the moment?Gunn is not in it alone, his failure will be down to himself, Butterworth and Crook.But hey, if Butterworth then fails why not give Crook ago. [:|]

[quote user="No Quarter"]Can we just wait and see what happns next season.  "When Gunn Fails"....FFS..........[/quote]

That will give Wiz the chance to start other threads ''When Butterworth fails'' and then ''When Crook fails.''

[/quote]

You know I''d love Tilson here Mr C, but we''re hard up and they''d be compo to pay.[:(]

[/quote]

You do realise he said Steve and not John though don''t you Wiz? [;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

About the same as Gunny then [:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just a hunch Angel, I''ve seen Butters play many many times and he was always commanding back then too.........and he has more coaching experience than Gunn.

What a ridiculous statement WizNo matter how little you think of Gunn''s credentials, and yes i will always agree that he''s not experienced enough for the job cause that is fact, the point is its ''If'' Gunn fails.You dont know that he will, just because he''s got no experience doesnt automatically mean he will definitely 100% fail.Every manager has to start somewhere, some, like Keane, were thrown in at the deep end at did well. Lots of others have to. Tony Mowbray, Jim Magilton did ok at the scum. Lots of managers have done well right from the start.Forget last season, It was Roeders fault we went down, not Gunn. Give him a chance this season because its 50/50 at the moment.There''s no possible way you can say when he fails, it has to be an if.

and another thing.If your going to blame Gunn for the relegation and already decree that he will fail, Butterworth and Crook were just as culpable as Gunn was for going down.What i got last season was that it wasnt Gunn in charge hitler style like it was with Roeder, it was a combination of Gunn, Butters and Crook. No one person ruled the roost with an iron fist, all 3 had there roles to play and all 3 were involved in the major decisions. All 3 gave there own team talks etc.So all 3 can be judged as one in my opinion.If Gunn fails this season then its just as much Butterworths fault.

[quote user="No Quarter"]Can we just wait and see what happns next season.  "When Gunn Fails"....FFS..........[/quote]

We can''t do that on this board...............

We love to moan at Gunn about players we havn''t even signed!

We love to moan about signing players we havn''t even seen play!

We love to moan about how badly we are going to play next year before we have played any games!

We love to moan about a Cheif executive befeore he has even turned up for his first day at work!

We love to moan about new directors before we even know who they are or how much they will invest in the club!

FFS.......... we don''t half like to moan.

[quote user="Barclayman"]and another thing.

If your going to blame Gunn for the relegation and already decree that he will fail, Butterworth and Crook were just as culpable as Gunn was for going down.

What i got last season was that it wasnt Gunn in charge hitler style like it was with Roeder, it was a combination of Gunn, Butters and Crook. No one person ruled the roost with an iron fist, all 3 had there roles to play and all 3 were involved in the major decisions. All 3 gave there own team talks etc.

So all 3 can be judged as one in my opinion.

If Gunn fails this season then its just as much Butterworths fault.
[/quote]

I agree with this100%  FWIW. I think its more of team management than Gunn calling all the shots.

I think Gunn is humble enough to accept advice from the people around him.

I also give the whole team credit that they have basically said most of our first team squad they inherited was made up of loan players and heartless permanent players.

Its obvious from the 3 players they have signed and some of their possible targets (Liam Dickinson?) that "little" old Norwich is about to become much bigger and more physical.

I like most people have reservations about "team Gunn''s" ability to manage..............

But.......... I am willing to give them a chance after they have built........THEIR squad. That is only fair.

If they fail then they fail.......... but I have a funny feeling they are going to surprise a few.

[/quote]

[/quote]

They key here then is to get someone that wouldn''t cost any compensation, i.e someone currently out of work. Therein lies the frustration as there must be literally dozens of better qualified people out there more euipped to get us out of this league next season out of work.

Your first chance is your best chance to get promoted, we''ve decided to gamble this with one arm tied behind our back.

i will smile and a very big one at that if gunn (and the team he wasnt left and he picked) starting doing really well .

if you put any manager in charge of the roeder flops we still would have been in the same position.

after 15 games with gunns team i will give my opinion.

to judge him on previous managers poor signings i feel is unfair to say the least .