Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

All gone quiet on the Alan Lee Front?

Have to agree Stu despite being a former Lee admirer when he was with us. Fotherinham clearly had commitment and wanted to succeed like Alan Lee did, and look who shocking he was... we want people who who are young, talented, and who are skilled and determined to contribute to a winning side, not just someone who will promise to "give his all"

If things get desperate then Lee wouldn''t be the worst signing in the world however we sure as hell can do better.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Yes nice attitude, good effort. But I worry he was just doing it to earn a move here, to be closer to his home.
[/quote]

He lives in Essex !!!!!!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]

I don''t think I did other than on the box... and from the reports from people whos opinion I trust I do not have any wish to see Alan Lee in a Norwich Shirt either.

[/quote]

So you make such strong judgements on a player based on other peoples'' opinions - without even going to see them for yourself?

Pathetic.
[/quote]

Errr it seemed to work very well for Brian Clough and Peter Taylor wouldn''t you say???

You see those of us with genius can tell whether a player has it or not from spending a few moments watching them.

I have spent enough time viewing Alan Lee to know that I would much prefer that we went for another target.

[quote user="Smudger"]

I have spent enough time viewing Alan Lee to know that I would much prefer that we went for another target.

[/quote]

I spent a lot of time viewing him too and think he''s good to view [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CA i worry about you and Kathy with your unhealthy obsession with the younger man.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CA i worry about you and Kathy with your unhealthy obsession with the younger man.

[/quote]

I worry about her too... from Hucks to Alan Lee... CA''s standards are obviously slipping a little???

Matty Fryatt didn''t score many for Leicester in the season they went down. The next season his goals largely contributed to their promotion and Lee could have a similar impact for us if we could snap him up. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"]

Thank god for that... hopefully his Doctor has told him that he is too fat and that he can never play football again?

Otherwise Gunn & Co will no doubt have him here out of desperation and he will be heralded by the may thick supporters our club has as the guy who is going to bang in 20+ and lead us to the 3rd Division championship while the applaud like seals for two months before finding out that what a few have been syaing is actually true and that he is utter $hee. hite... [:$]

[/quote]

you clearly never saw alan Lee in a Norwich shirt did you.. perhaps next time try entering Carrow Road instead of getting a shiny head in the rain.. must make the brain cold...

jas :)

[/quote]

LOL!

Which player dragged his fellow players to applaud the fans after the humiliation at Charlton, yep, the fat, useless loanee, who ran his heart out in every game I saw him play.

If we had 11 Alan Lee''s we wouldn''t be in League One this year.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I worry about her too... from Hucks to Alan Lee... CA''s standards are obviously slipping a little???

[/quote]

There''s room in my heart for the two of them [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s room in my heart for the two of them [:)]

[/quote]

I do not get this "viewing him" and "he''s good to view".CA you can get in trouble if you are talking about dodgy computer images especially if you share them with Kathy.

I mean in the flesh young Tilly, much better than silly pictures [:)]

Back to Alan Lee, anyone heard anything or is he staying with Palace?

We need a target man,  Lee is one of those.  He tried hard while here,  but partnerships with him did not look as potent as Gow/Mooney.

Rumour I heard is he will appear in a city short again, signing 1/7 for arund £350k

I agree Zipper, he tried hard whilst he was here and had the right kind of attitude to influence the likes of the Codys of the team. I still think he''d be an asset in League 1 especially for anything 250k - 350k.

[quote user="Nishclishbang"]

Which player dragged his fellow players to applaud the fans after the humiliation at Charlton, yep, the fat, useless loanee, who ran his heart out in every game I saw him play.

[/quote]

Nail on head.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Nishclishbang"]

[/quote]

Nail on head.[Y]

[/quote] Player wants a contract so does all the right things , player gets contract and reverts to lazy average Alan Lee who Palace cannot offload quick enough . No thanks we need younger and better if we want to get out of this league , but looking at our signings we are preparing for a very long stay.

My only worry is that Lee turns out to be another Neilsen, impresses on loan then does not.   Has had a lot of clubs where he has done just that - impressed to start then faded badly.

But any other alternative we dont know if they will even start well let alone be effective!  And it is hard to identify any/many alternatives that dont come with a caveat attached.  you pays ya money (wages or transfer fee) and takes your choice - with a no refund guarantee with any of them.

Now theres an idea - how about a contract truly linked to performance,  we want a target man who can hit 20+ goals from 46 games - a goal every 207 mins.  They have to refund some wages if they only score less than every 300 mins?  Similar criteria for each position? 

He would be better than nothing which is still a possiblity I fear!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]He would be better than nothing which is still a possiblity I fear![/quote]

We could play Rusty up front !!! [;)]

Basically Lee isn''t very good. He is overweight and slow. He did nothing whilst he was here but people love him, I don''t understand. He only came to us as he lives closer and wanted to be more local. How many goals did he score. Hoolahan for Lee would be the the last straw.

"If we had 11 Alan Lee''s we wouldn''t be in League One this year".

Are you serious? If we had 11 Alan Lee''s in our team we would have 11 overweight, over the hill, never any good in the first place, players who know that Norwich is their last chance to play in front of decent crowds.

Oh but at least they would all try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

I remember when Alan Gow went AWOL for the final two matches, funny what we chose to remember isn''t it?

Alan Lee always seemed to give a **** about Norwich which is more that can be said for Gow.

[/quote]

Very true!

Gow was good down the middle but didn''t score and was mainly an ineffective ''hogger'' when playing out wide who didn''t seem that bothered that Norwich were sliding towards the drop!

Alan Lees a battering ram, with a fair amount of skill, experienced, deceptively quick when he got into a gallop and always gets himself into goalscoring positions, much in the Iwan Roberts mould!

If Lee maintains the enthusiasm he showed for last season then combined with his above qualities would be a highly influential player at League 1 level! 

Alan Lee would probably be more of an asset for us next season than Alan Gow would!

I for one hope Lee signs cause he will give us great presense up front!

[quote user="Disco Stu"]

Are you serious? If we had 11 Alan Lee''s in our team we would have 11 overweight, over the hill, never any good in the first place, players who know that Norwich is their last chance to play in front of decent crowds.

[/quote]

13 stone is hardly overweight for his height, sheesh!!!  [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Disco Stu"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes I wonder who some posters really are 49, or, if they''ve even seen Alan Lee![:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Disco Stu"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes I wonder who some posters really are 49, or, if they''ve even seen Alan Lee![:S]

[/quote]

lol you aren''t alone, I mean for his height of 6ft 2 and his muscles, he''s definately not fat at 13 stone.  Maybe Disco Stu thought he was 5 ft 2 lol

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Disco Stu"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree!

I wonder what games some people watch - maybe Norwich City in an alternative dimension or if they even go to games!

Yes Alan Lees not wonderful but hes capable of doing a good job for Norwich City!

The criticism of gow is valid but also unfair,  as is the assumption 11 Lees would have kept us up.  Gow Mooney started up front for 3 games - getting 7 points from them and looking truly threatening.   Lee gave more effort but not enough goals or points came after he started to start up front in place of gow - so his starting may have cost us points.  I know its not as simple as that but it is part of what happened. 

Every city fan who saw him play also knew that Gow was a fraction of the player he could be when starting in midfield rather than as a striker.

From gows perspective, he pushed to be played up front, does well  when he plays there, gets  two consecutive motm awards,   then gets dropped from his preferred position and results drop off.  How is that motivational,  even more so when there are only loan ties - not excusing his less than impressive final performances but there is a conext to it.

As I said before can Lee do a job in League One for us?  Yes,  he probably can,  but he comes with concerns as well as hopes

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]May Well Have Got Goals If He Wasn''t Pushed Back To Make Way For Lee.[/quote]Rubbish, the bloke never new where the goal was,try looking up before you shoot it helps.