Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

All gone quiet on the Alan Lee Front?

So whats the deal with this guy?

Heard nothing for a while about whether he''s still coming here for next season? Seem to remember he was one of the only players that gave a damn v. Charlton away would be good to have him back in my opinion.

Not to sure if I would be happy if the reports are right about Hoolahan going Palace, would have to be Hoolahan plus cash in my eyes.

Thank god for that... hopefully his Doctor has told him that he is too fat and that he can never play football again?

Otherwise Gunn & Co will no doubt have him here out of desperation and he will be heralded by the may thick supporters our club has as the guy who is going to bang in 20+ and lead us to the 3rd Division championship while the applaud like seals for two months before finding out that what a few have been syaing is actually true and that he is utter $hee. hite... [:$]

PS... hopefully we can get shot of Hoolahan to Palace without having to have any of their dross reserves in return for him.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Thank god for that... hopefully his Doctor has told him that he is too fat and that he can never play football again?

Otherwise Gunn & Co will no doubt have him here out of desperation and he will be heralded by the may thick supporters our club has as the guy who is going to bang in 20+ and lead us to the 3rd Division championship while the applaud like seals for two months before finding out that what a few have been syaing is actually true and that he is utter $hee. hite... [:$]

[/quote]

you clearly never saw alan Lee in a Norwich shirt did you.. perhaps next time try entering Carrow Road instead of getting a shiny head in the rain.. must make the brain cold...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

you clearly never saw alan Lee in a Norwich shirt did you.. perhaps next time try entering Carrow Road instead of getting a shiny head in the rain.. must make the brain cold...

[/quote]

I don''t think I did other than on the box... and from the reports from people whos opinion I trust I do not have any wish to see Alan Lee in a Norwich Shirt either.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

good shiny head joke

I''m not saying that it would''ve definitely happened, but had Hoolahan stayed fit for the duration of the remainder of the season when Lee was here, we would''ve had a mighty good chance of staying. Shut up you clueless buffoon.

Lol Jas! "perhaps next time try entering Carrow Road instead of getting a shiny head in the rain"!!!!!

Quote of the close season me thinks!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I don''t think I did other than on the box... and from the reports from people whos opinion I trust I do not have any wish to see Alan Lee in a Norwich Shirt either.

[/quote]So you make such strong judgements on a player based on other peoples'' opinions - without even going to see them for yourself?Pathetic.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m desperate to see Alan here on a permanent, we''ll need a battering ram............and he''s a bloody good one imo.[/quote]

I think he could do a good job for us, just the kind of no nonsense player, who is not scared to stick the boot in, we need this season.

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Lee Wasn''t That Good.     Mooney / Gow  Partnership Was Better And Looked More Promising![/quote]

Yeah, I remember Gow''s goals![:S]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I take it they didn''t go to any games either. Thought he gave his all for the cause and looked like one of the only players who gave a damn. Think he would be a great signing for league one.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Lee Wasn''t That Good.     Mooney / Gow  Partnership Was Better And Looked More Promising![/quote]

Yeah, I remember Gow''s goals![:S]

[/quote]

I remember us winning a couple of games though until Gow was pushed out to the wing to accomodate Lee. Cue four points from the last seven games and relegation.

I remember when Alan Gow went AWOL for the final two matches, funny what we chose to remember isn''t it?

Alan Lee always seemed to give a **** about Norwich which is more that can be said for Gow.

I liked Lee''s attitude, but other than the Watford game, where he was excellent, I don''t think he actually did very much. He was certainly totally ineffective against Ipswich and Reading. Obviously he''d be more effective in League One, but I''m not sure he''s the messiah.

There''s no question that we looked better with Gow and Mooney up front. Yes, Gow looked pretty disinterested, but if I''d been shoved out on to the left wing to make room for an all-elbows target man and a scaffolder I''d have been pretty disinterested, too...

Thank goodness Gunn wasn''t kept on and won''t be in charge this season. Eh? Oh.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]you really are a sad toss*r, you don''t even go to matches you useless pri*k, sort your life out and get over yourself

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Its Seems Funny How Lee Appears To Like Norwich Because It Is Convinient For His Housing Situation![/quote]

Of course, It couldn''t simply be that he wants, emphsis on WANTS, to play for a club nearer his home?

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Its Seems Funny How Lee Appears To Like Norwich Because It Is Convinient For His Housing Situation![/quote]

He lives in Dedham in Essex so wouldn''t there be a few London clubs for him to choose from if he''s just looking for convenience?

[quote user="cityangel"]

He lives in Dedham in Essex so wouldn''t there be a few London clubs for him to choose from if he''s just looking for convenience?

[/quote]

Or Col U, or Sarfend

I just think that against Cardiff we played good passing football for the first time in much too long, we actually looked like the home team and passed with speed and purpose, Gow, Hoolahan and Mooney linking up very nicely indeed. Gow also at least making a good fist at winning the few long punts upfield.

Then we got Lee, and Hoolahan got injured and most games seemed to follow this pattern: Hoof the ball up to Lee. Who then elbowed a defender in the face, the referee gave the opposition a free kick, and Lee argued a lot. The crowd suddenly woke up and berated the referee for a few minutes. Repeat to fade.

I understand we were all looking for some kind of hero, and he was the closest thing to it. Which is eternally depressing as are the following:

Alan Lee is very very slow, I would be surprised if he was any faster than Iwan at the same age. Not quite Hartson, but very very slow.

Alan Lee spends most of the game either elbowing people or arguing with the referee, usually over decisions which are clearly correct.

He didn''t exactly bang them in while he was here, and do we really want any more of last seasons squad than we can possibly help?

Despite the fact he is a slow and dirty player he will probably get an offer from a better team.

Oh and he''s a scummer.

I agree Alan Lee was very average while he was here."Ow but he tries baaa!"

If anyone seriously thinks that Alan Lee is good enough for Norwich they are deluded. Ok he tries hard. Is that really what a manager should be looking at when he is looking to sign a player? Of course it bloody isn''t.

I hear some people are saying he is a battering ram and that is what we need. Are there not any other battering rams out there that are under 31?

Yes nice attitude, good effort. But I worry he was just doing it to earn a move here, to be closer to his home. Would still have him here but not if the price is not right.