Sign in to follow this  
|BA

How long should we give a new manager

Do people really expect massive changes in 12 months?Well obviously the answer is yes, at least in message board land....I''m not sure you can really judge anyone over a period of less than 3 years

I think it''s something you play by ear. If things aren''t looking good then the time you can afford to give a new manager reduces depending on where you are, what you''re aiming for etc. [Y]

I think if the fans see any improvement at all then it''s a sign things are moving forward.  It''s amazing what a bit of hope can do for the mood of fans.

One year, four months, three weeks, two days, seventeen hours, forty three minutes and twenty nine seconds..............

.........roughly!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

One year, four months, three weeks, two days, seventeen hours, forty three minutes and twenty nine seconds..............

.........roughly!

[/quote]Is that how long Roeder had ?

The danger is sticking for too long. Look at Southgate at Boro. I cant see anything he has done that show he deserves to still be in charge.

19 games.....

Then see us relegated into the lowest league for the first time in half a century.....and allow him to carry on for the following season - and therefore rewarding him for failure....

It''ll never happen...no board of Directors are that dim.....But a pair of control freaks might be?

He''s already overstayed his welcome for me, he''s got us relegated and I never wanted him as full time manager to begin with, so currently my time for him is -37 days and counting

As long as we are not at the wrong end of the table, Gunn & Co need to be given at least a season in charge (even though i was dead against them getting the job).

I think we have had enough chopping and changing in recent years and we need to start building something new.

At least Gunn, Crook and Butterworth can claim to be part of the very good times here, playing-wise, so lets see what they can do as management.

[quote user="IBA"]Do people really expect massive changes in 12 months?Well obviously the answer is yes, at least in message board land....I''m not sure you can really judge anyone over a period of less than 3 years[/quote]So what you''re saying is that in your opinion the board screwed up not once but twice in the last couple of years and several times before that prior to Worthy?Hmmm I''m inclined to agree.

"Do people really expect massive changes in 12 months?

Well obviously the answer is yes, at least in message board land....I''m not sure you can really judge anyone over a period of less than 3 years"

So you are now agreeing with the rest of us, that apart from Worthington the board has screwed up constantly during its tenure?

[quote user="Wayne G"]

So you are now agreeing with the rest of us, that apart from Worthington the board has screwed up constantly during its tenure?

[/quote]

No. Worthington for me was as bad as Grant and Roeder. I want to see us play football, regardless of divison or results (though good football will win though eventually). I completely back the appointment of each of the managers at the time they were appointed (best of the options), but I may well disagree at the timing of their departure. Roeder for example should have gone BEFORE the transder window, or at the end of the season

Sorry - Chrome seems to not like the antiquated forum software

Give Bryan time, he''s a bit special. He''s had the Fergie effect from when he babysitted for him.Only thing I worry about is that a top 10 Prem club might poach him from us.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]He''s already overstayed his welcome for me, he''s got us relegated and I never wanted him as full time manager to begin with, so currently my time for him is -37 days and counting
[/quote]

Seems about right. Gunn''s only there ''cause he''s a yes man.

I think Bryan Gunn &co, should be given three years, with good behaviour they would be out in 18 months. As for all of those who say we have chopped and changed too often, would they have wanted us to continue being managed by clueless losers. The last three changes were inevitable given the state of the club at the time. I only hope that if it continues to go wrong this season, that the change is made earlier this time, to give a new boss the maximum time to make changes.