Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Gary Doherty - Star Man

What division was he playing in when Spurs paid a seven figure sum for him? League One. Period.

Must keep hold of the Doc!!

Transfer fee''s count for nothing, George Graham also signed Rebrov for 11 million around a similar time, so Spurs didnt have a habit of spending money very wisely at that time. I''m not saying he''s a bad player or anything like that but the way you go on Juan you''d think he was ''Bobby Moore''. We could see from the other post you started that you rate the guy, and thats fair enough but was it really necessary to start another ''Doherty''s Great'' thread?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

What division was he playing in when Spurs paid a seven figure sum for him? League One. Period.

Must keep hold of the Doc!!

[/quote]

you clearly dont watch him regularly!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]you clearly dont watch him regularly!! [/quote]Neither do you.  He has improved off the ball, on the ball, gotten quicker and looks more intelligent on the pitch over the last year.  Yes he is prone to mistakes but he has improved 5 fold in the last season.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

Transfer fee''s count for nothing, George Graham also signed Rebrov for 11 million around a similar time, so Spurs didnt have a habit of spending money very wisely at that time. I''m not saying he''s a bad player or anything like that but the way you go on Juan you''d think he was ''Bobby Moore''. We could see from the other post you started that you rate the guy, and thats fair enough but was it really necessary to start another ''Doherty''s Great'' thread?

[/quote]

He found a new lease of life at Dynamo Kiev as a centre midfielder, so George Graham didnt spot the potential for a change in role...... Arsene Wenger would have....

Still, Shevchenko obviously made him look at lot better than he was, Ryan Jarvis would score 15 a season if playing next to Shevchenko at his peak!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Doc will be one of our bigger players this coming season.
[/quote]

Is that now that Lee Croft has gone?

Doc will undoubtedly be really central to our plans next season. I think it would be a shocker if we lost him. For me he isn''t in debate until we return to Champs level.