Sign in to follow this  
Lenny-boy

car boot sales at carrow road

see our new CE has found a great new revenue stream. 

have things become that bad?

i can hear it now ''Delia books, old merchandise, rusty old rust, ''

He knows what he is doing. Give him a chance.

Car boot sales at the Carra are the future when it comes to offloading players.

All the scouts will be there from Goreleston, Dereham and Norwich United. You have to get there early though.

Just the place to sell my extensive collection of Norwich City memorabilia - Inflatable Euro Canary anyone???

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

Is this a short term thing?

I dont mind the revenue stream, £6 or £7 quid a pitch and all that, but surely it would mess up the pitch?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

I dont mind the revenue stream, £6 or £7 quid a pitch and all that, but surely it would mess up the pitch?

[/quote]

ROFL   [:D]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]  You wouldn''t get seven quid for your pitch !!

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]  You wouldn''t get seven quid for your pitch !![/quote]D''you mean the one that''s alot better than at Portaloo Road? Oh okay.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]  You wouldn''t get seven quid for your pitch !!
[/quote]

And you wouldnt get 7 quid an hour. Go on run along dole snatch, go join your faux burberry clad wife on your cigarette ash covered sofa and watch re-runs of Jeremy Kyle. Remember to get the littl''uns in for their cheap plastic ready meals (Kyesha, Tiaesha, Mischa, Lischa, Hilischa, Dwayne and Wayne), remember they have to be in bed by 2am so tell them no cocaine after 9. If they dont get up in the morning for school the social will come round your house and you could get fine, meaning no more knock of dvds, 60 mayfairs a day, cheap own label vodka and heroin for you.

Guys, I''ve got a feeling this could well be held in the club carpark at the back of the stadium..... y''know, just a thought. [;)]

lol

I was imagining someone driving on the football pitch turning up with no merchandise, but then flogging the grass to supporters and then just digging some more up as they needed.

[quote user="AJ"]Guys, I''ve got a feeling this could well be held in the club carpark at the back of the stadium..... y''know, just a thought. [;)]
[/quote]

Nah, thats just far too logical AJ ;-)

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wodner if they''d let me have a pitch to barbeque some sheep?

OTBC

[/quote]

No, I don''t think they would.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wodner if they''d let me have a pitch to barbeque some sheep?

OTBC

[/quote]

No, I don''t think they would.

[/quote]

Delia will only allow it if they are from New Zealand.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]  You wouldn''t get seven quid for your pitch !![/quote]

And you wouldnt get 7 quid an hour. Go on run along dole snatch, go join your faux burberry clad wife on your cigarette ash covered sofa and watch re-runs of Jeremy Kyle. Remember to get the littl''uns in for their cheap plastic ready meals (Kyesha, Tiaesha, Mischa, Lischa, Hilischa, Dwayne and Wayne), remember they have to be in bed by 2am so tell them no cocaine after 9. If they dont get up in the morning for school the social will come round your house and you could get fine, meaning no more knock of dvds, 60 mayfairs a day, cheap own label vodka and heroin for you.

[/quote]I met Jeremy Kyle on monday. <3

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="bluemike"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]  You wouldn''t get seven quid for your pitch !![/quote]

[/quote]I met Jeremy Kyle on monday. <3[/quote]

[:|] you on the show ?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Norwich74"]

[/quote]Quality response. [Y][/quote]Quality? No..more like expected [;)].He was signing autographs for his new book. Which is actually pretty good, and underlines the majority of the problems with people my age in this country.

[quote user="hogesar"]He was signing autographs for his new book. Which is actually pretty good, and underlines the majority of the problems with people my age in this country.[/quote]Those problems, presumably, being that they''re lazy, easily impressed and lack the intellect to read proper books...?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Norwich74"]

[/quote]Quality response. [Y][/quote]Quality? No..more like expected [;)].He was signing autographs for his new book. Which is actually pretty good, and underlines the majority of the problems with people my age in this country.[/quote]Jezza does a great job it''s not everyone who can get the yoof of today to spend a little time with their family. {Or at least what they think is their family until part 2 of the show}[:D]Now Hogesar the book sounds interesting. Is it an autobiography, does it mention the bit where Jezza got sacked from BRMB radio for pretending to talk a suicide jumper out of killing themselves live on air????Thing is the ''jumper'' was a mate of Jezzas, and the whole thing was a fraud designed to increase ratings. Highly amusing at the time this little yet particularly embarrassing blot on Jezzas CV appears to have been rather well airbrushed out the history books. Do you think he''s still at it ever?[;)]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Norwich74"]

[/quote]Quality response. [Y][/quote]Quality? No..more like expected [;)].He was signing autographs for his new book. Which is actually pretty good, and underlines the majority of the problems with people my age in this country.[/quote]Jezza does a great job it''s not everyone who can get the yoof of today to spend a little time with their family. {Or at least what they think is their family until part 2 of the show}[:D]Now Hogesar the book sounds interesting. Is it an autobiography, does it mention the bit where Jezza got sacked from BRMB radio for pretending to talk a suicide jumper out of killing themselves live on air????Thing is the ''jumper'' was a mate of Jezzas, and the whole thing was a fraud designed to increase ratings. Highly amusing at the time this little yet particularly embarrassing blot on Jezzas CV appears to have been rather well airbrushed out the history books. Do you think he''s still at it ever?[;)][/quote]why coudnt jeremy be jumping and nobody try stop him?

[quote user="mr wizard"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Norwich74"]

[/quote]Quality response. [Y][/quote]Quality? No..more like expected [;)].He was signing autographs for his new book. Which is actually pretty good, and underlines the majority of the problems with people my age in this country.[/quote]Jezza does a great job it''s not everyone who can get the yoof of today to spend a little time with their family. {Or at least what they think is their family until part 2 of the show}[:D]Now Hogesar the book sounds interesting. Is it an autobiography, does it mention the bit where Jezza got sacked from BRMB radio for pretending to talk a suicide jumper out of killing themselves live on air????Thing is the ''jumper'' was a mate of Jezzas, and the whole thing was a fraud designed to increase ratings. Highly amusing at the time this little yet particularly embarrassing blot on Jezzas CV appears to have been rather well airbrushed out the history books. Do you think he''s still at it ever?[;)][/quote]why coudnt jeremy be jumping and nobody try stop him?[/quote]

Cause then who would help the skanky chavs from larkman when there 13 year old girlfriends get pregnant?[:O][:O]

[quote user="Norwich74"][quote user="mr wizard"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Norwich74"]

[/quote]Quality response. [Y][/quote]Quality? No..more like expected [;)].He was signing autographs for his new book. Which is actually pretty good, and underlines the majority of the problems with people my age in this country.[/quote]Jezza does a great job it''s not everyone who can get the yoof of today to spend a little time with their family. {Or at least what they think is their family until part 2 of the show}[:D]Now Hogesar the book sounds interesting. Is it an autobiography, does it mention the bit where Jezza got sacked from BRMB radio for pretending to talk a suicide jumper out of killing themselves live on air????Thing is the ''jumper'' was a mate of Jezzas, and the whole thing was a fraud designed to increase ratings. Highly amusing at the time this little yet particularly embarrassing blot on Jezzas CV appears to have been rather well airbrushed out the history books. Do you think he''s still at it ever?[;)][/quote]why coudnt jeremy be jumping and nobody try stop him?[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

Another classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don''t atitude of some fans who love nothing more than to have a dig at the club!

Any possible income stream should be used by the football club cause like most other sports organsations without non sports income streams and sponsorship it would be totally unviable!

Anyway the club have held many different functions at Carrow Road for many years.

I''ve been to the jehova witness convention at the packed out ground - not may I add because Iam one but just cause I was curious what was going on!

I''ve also been to plant sales held in the Barclay end bar!

I can see the headlines now...''Police raid Carrow Road Car Boot Sales & find knock off DVDs, counterfeit jeans & illegally imported cigarettes''. Downmarket move for a professional club imho.

Then again, we are ''little old Norwich''.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Lenny-boy"]

[/quote]

Another classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don''t atitude of some fans who love nothing more than to have a dig at the club!

Any possible income stream should be used by the football club cause like most other sports organsations without non sports income streams and sponsorship it would be totally unviable!

Anyway the club have held many different functions at Carrow Road for many years.

I''ve been to the jehova witness convention at the packed out ground - not may I add because Iam one but just cause I was curious what was going on!

I''ve also been to plant sales held in the Barclay end bar!

[/quote]

I don''t see any problem with alternative income streams to finance and maintain football clubs. Clubs cannot just survive on supporters money to survive.....

I just hope that the finance from those alternative income streams aren''t frittered away from the core product (which is supposedly the football).....to finance and support an alternative income stream - that unfortunately, isn''t quite as successful as those who initiated (or demanded) its construction and development.

Food, for thought?   

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="hogesar"]He was signing autographs for his new book. Which is actually pretty good, and underlines the majority of the problems with people my age in this country.[/quote]Those problems, presumably, being that they''re lazy, easily impressed and lack the intellect to read proper books...?[/quote]No. However the lazy bit is correct. Mostly to do with the fact that they can''t be arsed to go into further education, get a job, or do anything productive and go down the line of drugs and alcohol and depending on gender getting people pregnant, or getting pregnant themselves.But don''t let that get in the way of a little personal dig [;)]