Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Just think! We could be giantkillers this year!

We could''ve been giant killers last year if we''d have beaten a premier league side. Just that this year we have a better chance of becoming a giant killer. Let''s not forgot every team will be gunning for us in the first and second rounds of the FA Cup.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]When do we start in the FA Cup, we might even get a TV game because we''ll be one of the biggest sides in the first round draw.[/quote]

It would be nice but probably won''t happen knowing our luck.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]We can start with the titan of football that is Scunthorpe.And according to blahblahblah, we''re already "stealing players" from them - what a coup![/quote]You''re applying "old world" thinking old chap.  Burnley & Hull are in the Premiership now, and Donny and Scunny have more TV income than us as they''re in the league above.  If you can''t see us poaching a player from a team a league above as a positive thing, then frankly I can''t help you.Do try to keep up !

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Donny and Scunny have more TV income than us as they''re in the league above.  If you can''t see us poaching a player from a team a league above as a positive thing, then frankly I can''t help you.Do try to keep up ![/quote]
  • Donny have a stadium capacity of approx 15,000 - 10,000 less than us. Scunthorpe have a capacity of approx 9000 - roughly 16,000 less than us.
  • Donny have spent 5 out of the last  6 seasons in the third tier of English football, and were in the Conference only 6 years ago.
  • Scunny have spent 5 out of the last 6 seasons in the third tier, or lower, of English football.
  • We have not been in the third tier for 50 years. We were playing in the Premiership just over 5 years ago, where we beat Manchester United, and could have stayed up on the final day.
  • We then received two seasons of multi-million pound parachute payments, and sold players for sums which would finance half of a Donny or Scunny squad from the last 6 years.
Do try to keep up!

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Donny and Scunny have more TV income than us as they''re in the league above.  If you can''t see us poaching a player from a team a league above as a positive thing, then frankly I can''t help you.

Do try to keep up !
[/quote]

• Donny have a stadium capacity of approx 15,000 - 10,000 less than us. Scunthorpe have a capacity of approx 9000 - roughly 16,000 less than us.

• Donny have spent 5 out of the last  6 seasons in the third tier of English football, and were in the Conference only 6 years ago.

• Scunny have spent 5 out of the last 6 seasons in the third tier, or lower, of English football.

• We have not been in the third tier for 50 years. We were playing in the Premiership just over 5 years ago, where we beat Manchester United, and could have stayed up on the final day.

• We then received two seasons of multi-million pound parachute payments, and sold players for sums which would finance half of a Donny or Scunny squad from the last 6 years.

Do try to keep up!

[/quote]

Give it a bloody rest! on your method Norwich are bigger than Wigan! but do you think Wigan give two shits???

i know who''s shoes i''d rather be in out of wigan and norwich

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Donny and Scunny have more TV income than us as they''re in the league above.  If you can''t see us poaching a player from a team a league above as a positive thing, then frankly I can''t help you.Do try to keep up ![/quote]
Do try to keep up![/quote]Only the stadium capacity has any real relevance to now though Fernando.  I personally think Nelson signed for us a) because he knows Ian Butterworth b) because he might not have the pace, and might have been "found out" in the Championship, but whether we like it or not Scunthorpe are a division above us, and TV money and status gives Donny and Scunny a competitive advantage over us when signing players.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Donny and Scunny have more TV income than us as they''re in the league above.  If you can''t see us poaching a player from a team a league above as a positive thing, then frankly I can''t help you.Do try to keep up ![/quote]

Do try to keep up![/quote]

Give it a bloody rest! on your method Norwich are bigger than Wigan! but do you think Wigan give two shits???

[/quote]Why dont you go on the wigan forum then?

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]I don''t recall asking for a witless Black Country fool to stick his oar in.It''s not a method to prove we''re a "big" club, and even if it was, Wigan would still be the "bigger" club. I''m simply explaining to Blah here that Scunny and Donny should in no way be considered genuine competition - and the fact that they are is testament to the truly dreadful mismanagement of our club for half a decade now.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]I don''t recall asking for a witless Black Country fool to stick his oar in.It''s not a method to prove we''re a "big" club, and even if it was, Wigan would still be the "bigger" club. I''m simply explaining to Blah here that Scunny and Donny should in no way be considered genuine competition - and the fact that they are is testament to the truly dreadful mismanagement of our club for half a decade now.[/quote]Gosh - if we had been mismanaged for 5 years, I wouldn''t have been that worried, but now you''re telling me it''s half a decade, that sounds terrible !  By all means tell me what you consider our rightful place to be.  I don''t think we should be in league 1 either, but we are.  And that gives championship clubs, regardless of history or crowd size, an advantage.

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]We could''ve been giant killers last year if we''d have beaten a premier league side. Just that this year we have a better chance of becoming a giant killer. Let''s not forgot every team will be gunning for us in the first and second rounds of the FA Cup.[/quote]

I think it''s generally accepted that the term giantkilling refers to results between clubs at least two divisions apart.

But can you imagine this headline:

Little Canaries dump big neighbours Posh from FA Cup

Delia purrs "I''m so proud of our lads"

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Fernando Derveld"]We can start with the titan of football that is Scunthorpe.

And according to blahblahblah, we''re already "stealing players" from them - what a coup!
[/quote]

You''re applying "old world" thinking old chap.  Burnley & Hull are in the Premiership now, and Donny and Scunny have more TV income than us as they''re in the league above.  If you can''t see us poaching a player from a team a league above as a positive thing, then frankly I can''t help you.

Do try to keep up !

[/quote]

Maybe then, we should have ''poached'' Burnley or Hull''s Chief Execs?.....Or Donny Rovers''? Or Scunthorpe''s?....Or Preston''s?....Or Blackpool''s?....etc....etc....They must be doing something right? Or they''re just so damn lucky!

Our stature within the game will always make us a relatively big club. Not massive but big. Leeds are now entering their third or fourth year in League One and they''re still considered the ''biggest'' club in the division. Last year if Leicester had beaten, say, Plymouth or Barnsley, I don''t think that would have gone down as a giant-killing

With regards to the difference between Norwich and Wigan, I''d much rather be a Norwich fan than a Wigan one. Genuinely. Norwich have a proud tradition, not too many trophies but have mixed it with the big boys and earnt a good reputation. Wigan are a small town in Lancashire dwarfed by Manchester, Bolton, Blackburn and probably even Burnley, who have been bankrolled to ''success'' with foreign players seeking money and playing in a half-empty stadium.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Fernando Derveld"]We can start with the titan of football that is Scunthorpe.

And according to blahblahblah, we''re already "stealing players" from them - what a coup!
[/quote]

You''re applying "old world" thinking old chap.  Burnley & Hull are in the Premiership now, and Donny and Scunny have more TV income than us as they''re in the league above.  If you can''t see us poaching a player from a team a league above as a positive thing, then frankly I can''t help you.

Do try to keep up !

[/quote]

I presume that this is what you suggest we try and do this year given the players you would be so happy with us poaching.

Prudent ambition maybe?

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

We hve trouble beating teams like bury, what makes u think we will suddenly become giant killers!!! Knock Knock!!

the only real fact we should be paying attention to is this little beaut:

Scunthorpe United - Coca Cola Championship

Norwich City - Coca Cola League 1

Disgusting I know, but must be sorted.....

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

We hve trouble beating teams like bury, what makes u think we will suddenly become giant killers!!! Knock Knock!!
[/quote]

Bang!

OTBC

Just as long as we get the scum in the cup we''ll all be happy bunnies

"Just as long as we get the scum in the cup we''ll all be happy bunnies"..........

Let''s hope we don''t get them then so it makes you bloody miserable.......