Sign in to follow this  
drunkunmunkey

New strike force - Holt Dickinson

I think next year we could (pending on transfers) have THE best par of strikers in the league. Grant Holt and Liam Dickinson have obviously been linked heavily with us over the last few weeks, and both could easily bag 20+ goals next season. Holt has proved he''s better than L2 level and from what ive seen of him hes a real handful for defenders. Dickinson maybe hasnt played played frequently enough at Derby to prove his talent, but hes still young and if he came he would be regarded as a definate starter alongside Holt. And i think that sense of being a valuable asset at the club is all he needs to start banging them in again like at Stockport.

Get them both in and i can definately see us in the top 6! Just need to sort the midfeild defense and GK out and were lookng good!!
But we havnt signed them yet so maybe im getting ahead of myself...

So come on Gunny... SIGN EM UP!!!!

so you would leave Cody Mac out then would you? for me, obviously i havent seen much at all of Dickinson, but i dont understand why you say he would be a definate starter cos he was crap at Leeds has he really dont very much else with his career?

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

I think next year we could (pending on transfers) have THE best par of strikers in the league. Grant Holt and Liam Dickinson have obviously been linked heavily with us over the last few weeks, and both could easily bag 20+ goals next season. Holt has proved he''s better than L2 level and from what ive seen of him hes a real handful for defenders. Dickinson maybe hasnt played played frequently enough at Derby to prove his talent, but hes still young and if he came he would be regarded as a definate starter alongside Holt. And i think that sense of being a valuable asset at the club is all he needs to start banging them in again like at Stockport.

Get them both in and i can definately see us in the top 6! Just need to sort the midfeild defense and GK out and were lookng good!!

[/quote]

as well as cody macdonald!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

Get them both in and i can definately see us in the top 6! Just need to sort the midfeild defense and GK out and were lookng good!! But we havnt signed them yet so maybe im getting ahead of myself...

[/quote]

[/quote]Keep up mate.

i agree ... if it happens .

yet at the moment i wouldnt want to rely on mcdonald yet he shows great promise.

as for cureton i think he is way passed his sell by date.

this has been our problem last season we have no one up front who we can rely on to score goals .

not any one who belongs to norwich anyway and maybe the season before that as well .

[quote user="John"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keep up mate.
[/quote]

sorry bub!

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]so you would leave Cody Mac out then would you? for me, obviously i havent seen much at all of Dickinson, but i dont understand why you say he would be a definate starter cos he was crap at Leeds has he really dont very much else with his career?[/quote]

Errr...... 33 in 94 for Stockport, 6 in 13 for Huddersfield, 4 in 7 goals Blackpool.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]so you would leave Cody Mac out then would you? for me, obviously i havent seen much at all of Dickinson, but i dont understand why you say he would be a definate starter cos he was crap at Leeds has he really dont very much else with his career?[/quote]

Errr...... 33 in 94 for Stockport, 6 in 13 for Huddersfield, 4 in 7 goals Blackpool.

[/quote]

fair enough haha it was meant to be a proper question not a rhetorical one (not sure that how you spell it)

I think people are expecting too much from McDonald, don''t get me wrong he looked sharp in the games he featured in last season but to expect a young kid with half a dozen professional games under his belt to fire us to promotion is asking a lot

Aren''t Dickinson and Holt both 6ft plus?  This sort of partnership could batter defences into submission, with Cody Mac coming off the bench as an impact substitute, utilising his pace.  Thoughts?

I would guess that Grant Holt is not on "the radar". More likely Gunn will go with  one new face up front, with either Dickinson, (or Lee if we do decide to spend any money), partnering Cody, with Martin and Cureton on the bench. Far from ideal, but needs must. Dickinson, even on loan, would not be cheap.

Don''t know Dickinson but Holt and Cody would work well together.  Holt will score the far post header type goal but also drops deeper to link play and provide an option into feet.  With Cody''s pace to run off him that would work.  Shrewsbury don''t need to sell though - they are well run and have no debt - so I think it could be £400k before they would sell - and have we got that kind of mone if we have spent £250k on OTJ already?  A big fee for Clingan could be the key.

I really believe that Clingan is the difference to us getting out of this league or not. I feel that keeping him is the key to it all clicking together. If he wants to go, fair enough, but I hope the club make a serious effort to keep him, at least until the next transfer window when things may be a little clearer. (one way or another!).

I guess the choice is keep Sammy and see him be the hub of the team or sell and have money to buy several other new players.  Hard to know the best option without knowing what we have in the transfer kitty right  now

[quote user="First Wizard"]I like Cody, but for me he''s still unproven.[/quote]Exactly. Too many people are pinning their hopes on him.I don''t think he should be under that amount of pressure to score that many goals for us. Last season was practically all about getting him fit enough for professional football. This will essentially be his first season playing properly in my opinion, and he needs as less pressure as possible.

What about Andy Bishop from Bury, Not heard much spoken about him but always looked good to me, good scoring record two and excellent last season, Thoughts????

[quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

[/quote]

Rickie Lambert is better than either of them plus Brizzle have Jo Kuffour and Darryl Duffy.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="drunkunmunkey"]

Get them both in and i can definately see us in the top 6! Just need to sort the midfeild defense and GK out and were lookng good!! But we havnt signed them yet so maybe im getting ahead of myself...

[/quote]

Rickie Lambert is better than either of them plus Brizzle have Jo Kuffour and Darryl Duffy.

[/quote]I agree with the Ricky Lambert statement, although there is pretty much ZERO chance that we will get him at Carrow Road this season. For one, he''d be way too expensive. Secondly, he''s already expressed an interest in joining a Championship team, although he did say there are some big clubs in League One this year and it would be about facilities etc. By that admission, you''d think we''d be able to get him. But look at having to sell two players first before anything like that happens. I would chop my right nad off to get him here. Proven at League one level and with enough fire power in him to get us out of this league. We need goals in the team, it''s the only way we''ll get promoted. A move like bringing Lambert to City would show the fans that we do have at least that little bit of ambition! But, like I said, I''d be amazed if anything hapens on that front.

i saw my mate the other day

he said he saw the blonde pele

he goes my the name of huckerby huckerby

I would still want both even with Cady Mac. Holt - Dicky -Mac - Curo. Two of them impact substitutes two of them starters. Pick the best 2 performing in training to start then the other two 20 minutes at the end of the match, PERFECT!

I think that would be a good starting force presuming Curo has found the barn door!!!