Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Re: Am I the only person who was against Gunn and is now turning pro ?

[quote user="foggo7"]I think we are starting to see Butterworths input starting to take affect, I don''t think Gunny ever tried to  anybody to believe that he was the complete article, only that he had a team capeable of doing well, we''ll see[/quote]

Oh looky, a quiz! Is the missing word ''convince''?

In fairness he does seem to be picking up decent players, just need to wait till next season to see how well they play, and whether the squad is good enough for promotion.

However, his lack of management skills is worrying, hopefully he''s sorted it over the summer...

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="CT "]Of course we have to wait and see how our 3 summer signings turn out but it looks to me as if Gunn knows exactly what we need and instead of messing about, is going out to get his targets. He has picked up 3 very well respected LEAGUE 1 players and instead of picking up reserve premierleague players we are signing people that have the ambition to get out of league 1. Whilst Gunns other management skills are still questionnable (the season hasnt started yet) on the transfer front he is doing well. Keep it up Gunny. I''m behind you [Y][/quote]

Faggot.
[/quote]

Did my post really deserve that?
[/quote]

No it didnt CT, and it should be removed imo.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="foggo7"]I think we are starting to see Butterworths input starting to take affect, I don''t think Gunny ever tried to  anybody to believe that he was the complete article, only that he had a team capeable of doing well, we''ll see[/quote]

Oh looky, a quiz! Is the missing word ''convince''?[/quote]so glad you spotted my deliberate mistake.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="CT "]Of course we have to wait and see how our 3 summer signings turn out but it looks to me as if Gunn knows exactly what we need and instead of messing about, is going out to get his targets. He has picked up 3 very well respected LEAGUE 1 players and instead of picking up reserve premierleague players we are signing people that have the ambition to get out of league 1. Whilst Gunns other management skills are still questionnable (the season hasnt started yet) on the transfer front he is doing well. Keep it up Gunny. I''m behind you [Y][/quote]

Faggot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No it didn''t, unfortunately this is the neanderthal abuse level that the Shysters and Smudgers of this board stoop too.

You either roll in the mud with them or rise above it with facts and opinions based on reason.

Your problem is you are independant thinker who prefers to make decisions based on the facts you observe.

You now know that because you think that Gunn might have done OK in the transfer market you are obviously NOW "Pro-board" and worthy of attack.

I don''t think some of these people are even supporters, they hate the fans, they hate the players and they hate the club.

Faggot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

yes, but with beans and mash....

Good post USAcanary [Y] thing is though- i am still very anti board. I dont see why I cant be anti board but still be able to change my mind about Gunny...Its a very sad state of affairs when people are attacked because they hold different views to others [:(]I wonder what it''d take for us to get to a point where people can get their point across without being crucified by certain people?There seems to be little groups of people on this board- if you dont belong to one group then you often get villified for changing or going against the norm.Wizards apprentice has anyone? I dont even agree with half of the stuff that comes out of his mouth[:O] Yet certain people on here equate me to that every time I open my virtual mouth and post on here...Its gotta stop sooner rather than later IMO....

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT "]Of course we have to wait and see how our 3 summer signings turn out but it looks to me as if Gunn knows exactly what we need and instead of messing about, is going out to get his targets. He has picked up 3 very well respected LEAGUE 1 players and instead of picking up reserve premierleague players we are signing people that have the ambition to get out of league 1. Whilst Gunns other management skills are still questionnable (the season hasnt started yet) on the transfer front he is doing well. Keep it up Gunny. I''m behind you [Y][/quote]

I''m judging Gunn on performances on the pith, so far, he''s fell woefully short!

[/quote]

I am reliably informed he can hold his drink well[:D]

[quote user="CT "]Of course we have to wait and see how our 3 summer signings turn out but it looks to me as if Gunn knows exactly what we need and instead of messing about, is going out to get his targets. He has picked up 3 very well respected LEAGUE 1 players and instead of picking up reserve premierleague players we are signing people that have the ambition to get out of league 1. Whilst Gunns other management skills are still questionnable (the season hasnt started yet) on the transfer front he is doing well. Keep it up Gunny. I''m behind you [Y][/quote]

I''m judging Gunn on performances on the pith, so far, he''s fell woefully short!

[/quote]

But when the season get''s going with a squad full of our own players (hopefully no loans), surely then is the time to judge them all together?  I certainly will be having my say in how they are doing, good, bad or indifferent lol [:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

I am reliably informed he can hold his drink well[:D]

[/quote]

Bugger! as soon as I saw my mistake, I knew you''d pounce on  it Mr B![:D]

[/quote]

And thats actually a fair comment.

The results have been poor but to be fair.............. its obvious the squad he inherited is not what he wanted.

It takes time to get in the players you want and getting out the dead wood. 

I do remember back in 1986 when a young manager was struggling really badly in his first season, there were numerous calls from he fans/media for him to get the sack.

IMHO there is no way he would have survived in todays environment of management pressure from the media.

After bringing in his own players he managed to turn the club around.

I am guessing the Man Utd fans are more than pleased they were wrong about...... Sir Alex Ferguson

[quote user="CT "]

Good post USAcanary [Y] thing is though- i am still very anti board.
I dont see why I cant be anti board but still be able to change my mind about Gunny...

Its a very sad state of affairs when people are attacked because they hold different views to others [:(]

I wonder what it''d take for us to get to a point where people can get their point across without being crucified by certain people?
There seems to be little groups of people on this board- if you dont belong to one group then you often get villified for changing or going against the norm.

Wizards apprentice has anyone? I dont even agree with half of the stuff that comes out of his mouth[:O] Yet certain people on here equate me to that every time I open my virtual mouth and post on here...

Its gotta stop sooner rather than later IMO....

[/quote]

I am no fan of the board either................ but because I don''t support those who think we should send the club into liquidation to make Delia suffer, I am of course "pro-board"

I just dont think some of these people can think on more than one level.

The best way to get a new/better board/regime is to make the club attractive to a buyer.

If we go into admin the buyer will be............... anyone who will buy.

As an example.......Portsmouth and Sunderland have both attracted huge new investors/owners.......... Newcastle.............(a bigger club) is likley to be sold in a fire sale.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="CT "]

I dont see why I cant be anti board but still be able to change my mind about Gunny...

Its a very sad state of affairs when people are attacked because they hold different views to others [:(]

I wonder what it''d take for us to get to a point where people can get their point across without being crucified by certain people?
There seems to be little groups of people on this board- if you dont belong to one group then you often get villified for changing or going against the norm.

Wizards apprentice has anyone? I dont even agree with half of the stuff that comes out of his mouth[:O] Yet certain people on here equate me to that every time I open my virtual mouth and post on here...

[/quote]

I am no fan of the board either................ but because I don''t support those who think we should send the club into liquidation to make Delia suffer, I am of course "pro-board"

The best way to get a new/better board/regime is to make the club attractive to a buyer.

As an example.......Portsmouth and Sunderland have both attracted huge new investors/owners.......... Newcastle.............(a bigger club) is likley to be sold in a fire sale.

[/quote]

If the club becomes more attractive to a buyer....Delia would most definitely remain at the club....Catch 22.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]You will be anti-Gunn again in a few months I''m sure. [:)][/quote]So what if i do?I wasnt aware that changing ones mind was against the law? Other people do it on here frequently....

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Mr. Bump"]You will be anti-Gunn again in a few months I''m sure. [:)][/quote]So what if i do?I wasnt aware that changing ones mind was against the law? Other people do it on here frequently....[/quote]Sorry, didn''t mean to offend one.

Faggot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s just a dick and always will be.

The funny thing about this board is that the negative posters on here who constantly preach doom and gloom, very rarely put up an argument with a constructive sentence in it. You put up an opinion and the response is usually... Idiot, fool, faggot etc. Oh and usually the negative posters have a crystal ball and know we are going to be relegated before it happens, whereas the positive posters don''t often predict automatic promotion.

Wait for the reply to this post, it''s going to be highly intelligent and amusing i asure you.

As everyone knows though, you aren''t a Norwich City FC true fan if you want your club to do well.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the club becomes more attractive to a buyer....Delia would most definitely remain at the club....Catch 22.

[/quote]

Isn''t THAT a much more attractive situation.?

It means we have been successful................. (it seems some "fans" don''t want us to be successful)

But of course the haters would rather the club go into liquidation just so they can watch Delia suffer.

Then of course we are left with massive debts and no investors.

Any new investors would have to dig out of the financial hole before they could even re-invest.

The point is......... its NOT about Delia/MWJ.......... its about the long term future of the club.

Most of us have been through the days of South and Chase......... and we will be here when the next owner is in place.

You can knock the board for the horrible job they have done but you must also give them credit for putting money into the club they are unlikley to ever see again.

[quote user="we8wba"]

he''s clueless and tactically naive imo

i mean i could sign norwich 6 good players! but then i may not be able to get the best out of them (like gunn)

[/quote]

Considering the money that we seem to have available I seriously doubt you could sign better players than Gunn.  From some of the comments that have been made it seems that neither Gunn, Crook or Butteroworth rated last seasons squad very highly.  As the saying goes, you can''t polish a t**d.

I still feel Gunn was the wrong choice but the signings the club has made seem to be the best type of players we can get,Bring in a some forwards and a good keeper and we will have the start of a good thing,trouble is i just don''t trust Gunn when it comes to tactics and his lack of managerial knowledge.

[quote user="bobfleck"]

Faggot.[/quote]Did my post really deserve that?[/quote]

No it didnt CT, and it should be removed imo.

[/quote]

Surely my calling CT a faggot would only be considered offensive by CT if he is actually a faggot?