Sign in to follow this  
Good Evening Neil

Where would we be .....

... on our saturday afternoons and bloody cold tuesday nights without the expectation of a great performance and big win, only to leave the ground thoroughly disappointed and make the journey home with the delights of Neil Adams and some stupid tw@ vowing never to return to Carrow Road until they sort it, out only to ring up next week saying the same thing. After the dismal defeat at Charlton the thought of giving my season ticket up didnt even cross my mind surely if you are a true fan the same thing would happen? I am not saying im a die hard City fan i am only 16 and cant really afford the delights of an away trip to Yeovil and Exeter. I dont know but there is just something about loking around the ground to see (roughly) 25000 people all watching the same sh*t i am. This club converted me from being one of those "plastic" Man Utd fans. My step dad took me to my first game about 98 or 99 to witness (i think) a 1-1 draw against Oxford. I havent been able to stay away since.

I know that there are not 25000 members to this message board but why are so many fans divided and abused in the way they are? There only giving there views, do you honestly care whether or not they are pro-board? "Happy Clappers"? Supporting Gunn? Against Gunn? At the end of the day we are all supporters of the same team for christ sake! For what its worth i would like to see Delia sell to someone like Cullum but i know she has said she is looking for investment, if there is none there then she cant just sell to no-one can she? People say "who actually knows that she is looking?" she is a fan of this club like you and i and i dont think for one minute that she isnt looking for someone better to take over this club and put it back where it belongs. Also i do not think Gunn should have been given the job, he had a task of keeping us in the division and he failed, but he has the job know so all we can do is support him. If he does badly this season then yeah we can all say "we told you so" blah blah blah but at the end of the day if it is going badly then that means our club, the club we SUPPORT is doing badly and for me it would be such a great shame. Are you who want Gunn to fail, real fans of this club? And who says it will be better with more money? The sh*t just down the road and QPR havent exactly set the division on fire with huge transfer budgets have they?

Whatever has been said, has been said, whatever has been done, has been done but for now we need to get behind the TEAM for this season.  

and I thought the youth of today were all drug addicts, chavs and wasters....

well done young sir you''ve just literally summed up Norwich City in one post, something that isn''t easy in our current position.

[quote user="The Gunn Show"]

I dont know but there is just something about loking around the ground to see (roughly) 25000 people all watching the same sh*t i am.

[/quote]

I dont think you will be able to do that much next year mate, I suspect gates will be around the 20,000 mark..... still good for league one, and in a way we have started to lose our own plastic fans, who will go back to supporting Arsenal on the telly.....  Not all 5,000 of them of course, I know some people that genuinely couldnt afford to renew, which is unfortunate.....

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

As opposed to the youth of yesterday that were popping e''s in the early 90''s rave scene, who were equally as chavvy and many of whom can safely still be considered wasters?

Or the youth of the generation before that who shaved their hair and got tattoos all over their faces, getting drunk at 9am and calling themselves skinheads..... only for their unique look to be hijacked by facists - leaving them unfortunately tarnished with certain stereotypes?

Personally I love being young in the naughties!

Funnily enough, i felt exactly the same as you gunn show, when i was your age around ten years ago... Im a city fan no matter what happens and wish sometimes the delia/gunn haters could be a bit more pro-active somehow rather than just venting on here... I''ll be at carrow road as often as posible next year supporting my team no matter what!!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

As opposed to the youth of yesterday that were popping e''s in the early 90''s rave scene, who were equally as chavvy and many of whom can safely still be considered wasters?

Or the youth of the generation before that who shaved their hair and got tattoos all over their faces, getting drunk at 9am and calling themselves skinheads..... only for their unique look to be hijacked by facists - leaving them unfortunately tarnished with certain stereotypes?

[/quote]

..well young man, if you think there aren''t dramatically worse sub-cultures, problems and addictions right now, then you are very very ill-informed. Trust me...

Stay good!

[quote user="nu_matik"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

..well young man, if you think there aren''t dramatically worse sub-cultures, problems and addictions right now, then you are very very ill-informed. Trust me...

Stay good!

[/quote]

The thing that bugs me most about being young is older people bleating on about the younger generation and how much trouble they cause. Everything bad about society exists now as a result of the actions of generations previous, and everything that happens now has happened before. The only true real risk to society today that perhaps didnt exist yesterday is religous extremist on our door step, but yesterday you had the IRA..... who cause plenty more harm in this country. Today you have a lot of propoganda about knife crime, and yes it is a problem - I myself got robbed at knifepoint in Sheffield - but  what about the three Millwall fans that got stabbed at Carrow Road in the 80s? 

The vast majority of young people are pleasant, intelligent and honest people that are fed up with getting sneered at in the streets by people with grey hair.

didn''t really want to turn this into an age arguement, and the culture of yesterday and today but the youth of today (with obvious exceptions) seem to have no respect for themselves or others, no manners and little communication skills, its almost as if we''re going back to the stone age in speech, with ''uhs'' and ''ahs''.

Maybe its just because i work in Luton that my view on the youth is so disjointed or maybe I''m better placed than those currently living in ''sheltered'' Norfolk.  

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="nu_matik"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stay good!

[/quote]

The thing that bugs me most about being young is older people bleating on about the younger generation and how much trouble they cause. Everything bad about society exists now as a result of the actions of generations previous, and everything that happens now has happened before. The only true real risk to society today that perhaps didnt exist yesterday is religous extremist on our door step, but yesterday you had the IRA..... who cause plenty more harm in this country. Today you have a lot of propoganda about knife crime, and yes it is a problem - I myself got robbed at knifepoint in Sheffield - but  what about the three Millwall fans that got stabbed at Carrow Road in the 80s? 

The vast majority of young people are pleasant, intelligent and honest people that are fed up with getting sneered at in the streets by people with grey hair.

[/quote]

Fair comment JuanVelasco, but the IRA were not kids, but the gun and knife crime in London and other areas are kids.

The only reason we have bad society is not the actions of a previous generation, its the actions of this generation rebelling against the previous generation, also they are several issues to do with race, creed etc that weren''t necessarily a problem say 10 years ago.

Don''t even get me started on teenage pregnancy.

didn''t really want to turn this into an age arguement, and the culture of yesterday and today but the youth of today (with obvious exceptions) seem to have no respect for themselves or others, no manners and little communication skills, its almost as if we''re going back to the stone age in speech, with ''uhs'' and ''ahs''.

Maybe its just because i work in Luton that my view on the youth is so disjointed or maybe I''m better placed than those currently living in ''sheltered'' Norfolk.  

[/quote]

I think I know where you are coming from, their are plenty of dirty cretins, but when you look at their parents are you telling me that you generally cant see why they have become a certain way?

But from my perspective, as a young man who has just turned 23, has just graduated with a First Class degree, has never signed onto the dole, has made nobody pregnant, has one partner who is also 23 who also a degree and who is also very hard working and focussed, I have no criminal record, I once got an £80 fine for having a piddle against the wall of the Nelson Hotel, my only ever brush with the law...... I guess I generally tend to surround myself with similar people.

I was robbed by a gang of youths in hoodies, with a knife, and who were probably on crack. But I am not going to bleat on about the state of society because of that isolated incident. They caught the main man and he is currently serving a 12 month sentence, thats the minimum he will serve too (no early release).  I was looking over my shoulder for a long time, but to put it into perspective.... he is having one year of his freedom taken away and all I have lost is a £200 phone.

To put this into perspective, I was brought up in a council flat in a single parent family by a father that had to give up his career to look after me. I am working hard on making something of myself and have graduated with no bank debt (another taboo of society these days hey?) - only a student loan...... To be honest, I had grandparents that made sure I didnt miss out on stuff like holidays, but I never had it easy.

The thing is, I know other people like me, and I guess thats why I dont like people stereoyping or being general about a generation. There are decent people out there and there are horrible people out there, but in my experience the way that people choose to go is more often or not as a result of the way that their parents brought them up and what life skills and morals they instilled into them.

[/quote]

I think I know where you are coming from, their are plenty of dirty cretins, but when you look at their parents are you telling me that you generally cant see why they have become a certain way?

But from my perspective, as a young man who has just turned 23, has just graduated with a First Class degree, has never signed onto the dole, has made nobody pregnant, has one partner who is also 23 who also a degree and who is also very hard working and focussed, I have no criminal record, I once got an £80 fine for having a piddle against the wall of the Nelson Hotel, my only ever brush with the law...... I guess I generally tend to surround myself with similar people.

I was robbed by a gang of youths in hoodies, with a knife, and who were probably on crack. But I am not going to bleat on about the state of society because of that isolated incident. They caught the main man and he is currently serving a 12 month sentence, thats the minimum he will serve too (no early release).  I was looking over my shoulder for a long time, but to put it into perspective.... he is having one year of his freedom taken away and all I have lost is a £200 phone.

To put this into perspective, I was brought up in a council flat in a single parent family by a father that had to give up his career to look after me. I am working hard on making something of myself and have graduated with no bank debt (another taboo of society these days hey?) - only a student loan...... To be honest, I had grandparents that made sure I didnt miss out on stuff like holidays, but I never had it easy.

The thing is, I know other people like me, and I guess thats why I dont like people stereoyping or being general about a generation. There are decent people out there and there are horrible people out there, but in my experience the way that people choose to go is more often or not as a result of the way that their parents brought them up and what life skills and morals they instilled into them.

[/quote]

Oops Im 24....... must be getting old ;-)

[quote user="refjezhitchin"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="nu_matik"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stay good!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair comment JuanVelasco, but the IRA were not kids, but the gun and knife crime in London and other areas are kids.

The only reason we have bad society is not the actions of a previous generation, its the actions of this generation rebelling against the previous generation, also they are several issues to do with race, creed etc that weren''t necessarily a problem say 10 years ago.

[/quote]

All totally fair comments... i must agree most with the fact that drugs have always been a problem, so has street violence and racism etc, but are all far far worse now in this generation, im still young at 27 (?) and think its fair to say the degenerate youth now are taking to doing all the aforementioned crimes as apposed to one.

Back to the original point,I think it quite lucky we have a very good have a good community set up, hopefully doing a bit to combat these things, and get more support behind our team...

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oops Im 24....... must be getting old ;-)

[/quote]

Sorry for using the cliche ''to put this into perspective'' three times!

mmm yeah getting a bit off topic but still [:P] im no druggy and yes it does pi*s me off about the "older generation" pretty much see every youth as a bad person. Wouldnt say im a goody goody but me and my mates just play sport and generally have a laugh we dont see trashing things and smoking as the way to have fun.

Didnt think to one minute that my original post would recieve comments about the IRA and knife crime lol

mmm yeah getting a bit off topic but still [:P] im no druggy and yes it does pi*s me off about the "older generation" pretty much see every youth as a bad person. Wouldnt say im a goody goody but me and my mates just play sport and generally have a laugh we dont see trashing things and smoking as the way to have fun.

Didnt think FOR one minute that my original post would recieve comments about the IRA and knife crime lol

[/quote]

isnt it time there was an edit button on here?

Didnt think to one minute that my original post would recieve comments about the IRA and knife crime lol

[/quote]

It was a good post if that makes you feel any better ;-)

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="The Gunn Show"]

[/quote]

It was a good post if that makes you feel any better ;-)

[/quote]

haha thanks i felt it was time to say something [:P] and yeah it has made me feel better i didnt think people were realising the thought and effort that went in to it lol [;)][:P]

but the gun and knife crime in London and other areas are kids.

[/quote]Knives have always been around, through ALL the age groups, to believe its any different know is merely press hype. I got stabbed at school in 1972/3, people carried hammers, face busters, chains, Stanley knives..... razor blades sewn under your lapels to stop anyone getting a hold. Race wasn''t a problem 10 years ago..... you think? Remember Brixton and Toxteth in the early 80''sIt was an issue when the West Indians arrived in the 50''s and the doors opened to the Indian subcontinent in the 60''s onwardsAnd the 70''s were more speed than drink.... blues, green and whites....Teenage pregnancy has been rife since the first teenagers.I feel a lot safer walking around now than I ever have done.

well done young sir you''ve just literally summed up Norwich City in one post, something that isn''t easy in our current position.

[/quote]

nope not all of us just a few giving us a bad name mate lol its quite sad really that people think this way and that some teenagers have to ruin it for everyone else. the way things get damaged and ruined just because they are there pi*ses me off a lot

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ryan, you''re 23 years old & sat in front of a message board talking about rubbish in the close season.

Turn the PC off and get out to enjoy life before you turn into an old git like us.

An interesting thread... I am 58 now and have followed City since 1959 when I first started standing on the terraces at the River End with my parents and sister.I remember my Grandmother saying just before she died at 97 that she did not feel any different to when she was 20 - it was just that her body didn''t work as well! I found that difficult to understand at the time as when she spoke of her early life watching the cattle being driven through Magdalen St. where she lived and experiencing the Norwich floods in 1912 seemed an age away from where I was at the time! As I have got older, I do begin to understand what she meant though...I raged against the unfairness of the ''older generation'' when I was a teenager and was branded as a druggie and a layabout because I had long hair and a beard (peace man!). Yes, then, as now, there were drugs around everywhere- the Jacquard coffee Bar where Tesco metro is now and Backs Cellar are just two places that spring to mind but, despite what the oldies thought, we didn''t all indulge.There was violence too. Some quite vicious football related violence with bottles, knuckledusters, bricks and Stanley knives. I remember my parents being trapped in a coach at an away match in Leicester one midweek night and being forced to travel back to Norwich with hardly any glass left in the coach windows.So, what conclusion can be drawn from all this history? We should all try not to apply stereotypes! Us ''older ones'' should not be too quick to condemn the ''younger ones'' and, hopefully, the reverse will also apply...we are all united in supporting our team (although it doesn''t always seem that way!) and in any cross-section of society with such a loose affiliation, there will be the usual cross-section of heroes, villains, idiots and sages. All we can ask as individuals is that we are judged by our behaviour and expressed views and how we relate to others rather than our age, appearance, colour, religion or other arbitrary marker.