Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Finally City Get Some Strength!

For ages now since the days of Malky, Holt and Francis we have looked to lightweight to compete in the Championship.Last season so many times i would see defences, Swansea and Birmingham to name 2, made up of a brick wall at full back and centre back. I would then look at our defence and see Bertrand, Omozusi, Grounds, Drury etc and just see little boys or small men.It occured to me that the reason the other teams are doing better than us is that they have a brick wall in front of there defence as opposed to our one brick, Doherty, and fancy defenders Bertrand and Otsemebor. Gunn is finally now building brick walls throughout the team, and in Nelson, Tudor Jones and even Gill to a certain degree we have big strong players and we will be a big strong team capable of competing when were back in the Championship.Too many times over the last few seasons have we heard that City were too weak and got bullied out of 3 points. Hopefully that trend will turn now.

Great post mate totally agree bring back the days of holt and the team who where determind every week to die for the cause!

Totally agree Barclay. The Bury gang here have been saying this since relegation from the Prem.

It has been ''men against boys'' which shows even more when we play away.

I just hope we find some money to get a decent striker and nimble skillful winger. As we all know if you can get a couple of strikers who can regularly score there is a strong chance of a top 6 place.

Well at least someone''s here!I agree, we''ve been way too lightweight for a few seasons now, although the real test will be games - lets not forget that Etuhu was built like the proverbial brick shithouse, yet he was hardly ''tough''... more like ''tough luck, I''m not running''...Beware of people complaining we''re gearing up for hoofball, too... there''s a deeply rooted mindset in football that anyone over 6 foot can only ever be good with their head, which is nicely demonstrated by telly commentators whenever Peter Crouch is on the pitch...