Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

A New Hux?

Well, I know how much some of you feel about hux and how much you want him back, but i don''t think ti will happen, but my question to you is - do you think we will see a new hux within the next 5 years?? a player who pleases the fans, changes a game, the most popular??

Because maybe this is the type of person we need to boost the whole atmosphere around the camp at the moment!

Do you think we currently have that player here now??(cody Macdonald)

When we got to the prem hux played week in week out, and was a fans favourite and when the team was losing, which was rare, and little hint from him got the crowd back on the teams side and that helps us to turn the game around!!

OR

Do we need a new leader, because when we had hux, we also had a few team leaders around camp who would get the team going before the game and is this what is needed more??

Yes we do need a new Hucks, someone to excite us when he has the ball, someone to dazzle us, someone who can  motivate the other players, someone who can influence season ticket sales, can give great honest interviews and more importantly someone who has fell in love with our club and us fans.

Not sure when this new hero will arrive or will perhaps the original Hucks be back in the fold first?? [:)]

I think that we genuinly need new heroes yes. A player and legend like Hucks is something that is both very rare and is very hard to replicate.

I dont necessarily think that we need somebody to hero worship, but certainly a team full of Malky Mackays, Craig Flemings, Steen Nedergaards and Iwan Roberts...... people that the crowd can respect and feel are worthy of at least the odd song.

We simply need a squad that we respect and believe in to give 100% every week.  Getting a ''New'' Huckerby just isnt going to happen, getting some players that the crowd can back is something that I fully believe Gunn is trying to achieve.

Gill, Nelson, Jones...... they could be new heroes, or they could be new zeros.

My bet, like you said, would be for McDonald to become a cult hero..... mostly because of his modesty and raw ambition, look where he has come from, people respect him becuase of that already. A normal bloke with a normal job who loved playing football and scoring goals, and got noticed doing it.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Well, I know how much some of you feel about hux and how much you want him back, but i don''t think ti will happen, but my question to you is - do you think we will see a new hux within the next 5 years?? a player who pleases the fans, changes a game, the most popular??

Because maybe this is the type of person we need to boost the whole atmosphere around the camp at the moment!

When we got to the prem hux played week in week out, and was a fans favourite and when the team was losing, which was rare, and little hint from him got the crowd back on the teams side and that helps us to turn the game around!!

OR

Do we need a new leader, because when we had hux, we also had a few team leaders around camp who would get the team going before the game and is this what is needed more??

[/quote]

[:O]I just fainted.......................................

[quote user="cityangel"]

Not sure when this new hero will arrive or will perhaps the original Hucks be back in the fold first?? [:)]

[/quote]I think you need to get over him CA. [;)]If he does return it''ll be for a season, 2 if you''re really lucky. I hope it happens and works out well for us, but the last thing I want to see is an ineffective Darren Huckerby getting put in his place by L1 defences. I suspect he feels the same and will make the right call. Fingers crossed he''s still good enough for one last hurrah

[url=http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1728204/ShowPost.aspx]On the subject of Huckerby[/url]

The annuncers couldn''t say enough about the old Huckerby in yesterday''s MLS game at LA.  Many of you claim MLS is League 1 quality, and if so, he would still make a great addition to NCFC.

We''re bound to have someone who wont defend and get paid more than anyone else in the dressing room and nobody says goodbye to when he leaves so yes, we''ll have a new Huckerby

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

OR

[/quote]

[:O]I just fainted.......................................

[/quote]

i''ll go back to my one liners for your sake then [:D]

The simple answer is no you will not see another like Hux. He is by far the most exciting and devastating forward city have ever had.

If you were around in the promotion year you saw him at his best.

There is always an evening at the end of the day, unfortunately it was brought on prematurely in Hux ''s case by a rigid unbending manager given free reign to destroy our club by a very irresponsible board of management. To Huxs we can say thanks for the memory.

[quote user="hardley"]The simple answer is no you will not see another like Hux. He is by far the most exciting and devastating forward city have ever had. If you were around in the promotion year you saw him at his best. There is always an evening at the end of the day, unfortunately it was brought on prematurely in Hux ''s case by a rigid unbending manager given free reign to destroy our club by a very irresponsible board of management. To Huxs we can say thanks for the memory.[/quote]

really??

NOT SURE ABOUT THAT!

If we keep Wes Hoolahan he will be that player this season.Under Gunn toward the end of last season he was in great form and instrumental in our wins. Its no surprise that when he, and Croft, got injured that was the end of relegation fight.He has done it already in League 1, and i think if he stays, which he says he wants to, he will storm it this season.

I think Eadie was just as devistating also fox, sutton where also class hence our position at the time.I watched the confederations cup years ago you know the one where Carlos scored that fantastic free kick during that tournament Eadie was going to be playing for England but an injury ruled him out.  I remember being so upset for him and for england we needed a left sided player and Eadie should have been it.17 goals apparently in his best season I wonder how much an injury free Eadie would be worth now in his prime!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I think you need to get over him CA. [;)]

If he does return it''ll be for a season, 2 if you''re really lucky. I hope it happens and works out well for us, but the last thing I want to see is an ineffective Darren Huckerby getting put in his place by L1 defences.

I suspect he feels the same and will make the right call. Fingers crossed he''s still good enough for one last hurrah
[/quote]

I got over him ages ago Herb [:)] still miss him though and still think he could do a job for us next season on or off the pitch.

Nana - what a post. Congratulations (at last!!!)

I have a feeling that we will have a new hero next season and i think that it will come in the shape of a certain striker from Shrewsbury[;)]

Hucks is one of a kind! We will never gain in my life time have another player that much better than all our other players who loves the club & turns down offers left, right & centre just to stay here! I will NEVER forgive Roeder for getting rid of him like that when we still blatantly needed him!!!! Whenever I think of Hucks, I think of  THAT goal against Birmingham... When will we see a Norwich player with that kind of ability again?...  Not for the foreseeable future, that''s for sure!