Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

If an Ipswich supporter.....

..........infiltrated this Forum, in order to spread unrest among us Canary faithfull, what would he say ?

Probably Delia out, Worthy out or something even more stupid and outrageous like :-

"Huckerby is a liability". Daft I know, but we must be aware that such terrorist activety could happen

indeed jim

hope you are manning the front lines in sunny gorleston, should some scummers appear tired and lost from their trek up the good old A12

keep us posted as to when they are likely to head down the acle straight and i will be ready for them   lol

maybe they are simply heading this way for eduational purposes (ie, seeing a full stadium)

have fun in the fizzy league binners! 

I had the same thought, Gorleston Jim.  We must all be on our guard.  Anyway, just thought you would like to know that my neighbour, who''s a (nice) Binner, says that he will only begin to gauge how their season is going when they''ve played the rest of the current top ten sides and when at least half the season is complete.  What a sensible man he is - Joe Royle take note.  He also says that we have nothing to be gloomy about yet as he thinks we have done well faced with the hardest start in the Prem, especially being newly-promoted.  Only if we get cut adrift and half the season is gone should we begin to worry a bit, he thinks.  If only every Binner was as open and honest...and sane!!!  Does anyone else know another one like this anywhere?

susie, it must be your optimistic outlook on life rubbing off on him, to be honest the binners i know (and still speak to) are mostly of the "We will always be better than you" persuasion, so no, no nice binners around here, in fact where i live now has just been declared an official binner free zone!!  Good old Norwich City Council

at the risk of becoming an outcast, i would like to see Ipswich promoted,(provided we stay up of course!).  I am mates with a couple of binners and we agree that local derbies in the prem can only be a good thing for the region. Sorry if this offends any of you but maybe as I live so far away from the area the hatred isn''t quite there in my blood....

Actually forget that, just remembered the "are you watching Norwich scum" chant when they played Millwall live on sky recently, changed my mind, blood now boiling.  Football''s a fickle thing isn''t it?

I''m am not sure I will be too happy of we get relegated only to pass the binners on the way up - but my money is sitting on a Wigan/Ipswich 1-2 so at least I can cash in if my worst fears come true!OTBC

Todate Ipswich have only played three sides in the top half of their league and have not managed a win against any of them. As usual a blinkered FJ believes that anyone that ever wears an Ipswich shirt has some sort of godly power. In truth the likes of Wilnis, Naylor etc. are only playing because no other side came in for them and they play for cut price wages.

my neighbour is also a binner supporter we have a laugh some banter and he is a nice bloke  BUT  hope they really struggle  , go down, not go out of buisiness , but play in div 2. get  4000 crowds  .do not want local derbies in prem....keep em down

otbc 

Hi just thought I''d introduce myself.

I live in Ipswich and support the town, I do enjoy a bit of banter and enjoy a bit of a leg pull, I can give as good as I get without resorting to violence or being downright rude, abusive or swearing.

I''ll start the ball rolling by asking who are you going to buy as a striker with your 1.2m promised to Worthy in the January transfer window? I mean it wouldn''t even buy a third of Darren Bent now would it?

hello joker

welcome to the board, i am sure you will be able to say almost anything on here, most of us do  lol

in answer to your question, i haven''t a clue, there will be more than the stated amount, it was actually meant that the 1.2 million was an added bonus!  I just hope we actually get to grips with playing footie the right way before we buy someone who is going to get us nowhere, we have had numerous discussions about this, and IMO we should forget the target man approach, concentrate on passing and creating goals and chances from the midfield, not greeno''s boot.  Yes, i am a dreamer i guess. 

I shall ask you a question, do you expect to lose anyone in january, i am unsure of bent as a possible target for us, i would rather have bowditch and westlake, no problems with that i hope!! How long are their contracts? 

Why would we want to buy Bent, when come the end of the season and the binners miss out on promotion (again) we can have him for next to nothing as you won''t be able to afford to keep him.

lol

[quote]Hi just thought I''d introduce myself. I live in Ipswich and support the town, I do enjoy a bit of banter and enjoy a bit of a leg pull, I can give as good as I get without resorting to violence or be...[/quote]

Hi Joker which third of Bent would we get ?

Just send his goal scoring bits and we''ll super glue them to the bottom of  one of our lads.

Hi Gazerthegreat

I think Bent signed a new contract not so long ago, as for Westlake and Bowdicth to be honest I''m not sure how long they have left..at the end of the day though it makes little difference how long the contract is as you will still lose players to bigger clubs whatever, they can always offer more money and off your prized player will go (loyalty means little). The only gain in getting your player to sign a long contract is that you can demand more money for him.

We were offered £3m for Bent just before the premier league window shut and we refused it so I''m pretty sure Bent has a fairly long contract to run, I expect we could well lose him in the January window though, hopefully for more money than the £3m offered, but of course if we are still near the top of the league we may be more reluctant to sell, we''ll have to see.

I would have thought though that our best players would be tempted by a bigger club than yourselves (not meant to be offensive).

What players you can manage to bring in might depend on your position come January, if you look like staying up than you surely must have a better chance of getting someone decent but if you are still struggling to win games and look like relagation than it must be harder, what decent player would want to come to a club that looks like going down.

It''s nice to think you would like to get hold of our players though if the opportunity arose